• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
flarkminator said:
Can be disabled with kombat codes.

We have a "tournament mode" code, which disables that, toasty, and also the foreground objects.

Hopefully that is a setting in the options and not a kombat code you have to input before every match. That would be ridiculous.

DasRaven

flarkminator said:

We have a "tournament mode" code, which disables that, toasty, and also the foreground objects.

Is there a completion tracker in the game for all the unlockables? With all the content, it'd be good to know when you have actually hit every trigger, dug every krypt, and unveiled every secret.

DasRaven

GhostRidah said:
I have been out of the loop but who does 360 crowd get instead of Kratos?

From the previous "URLEH" stream, which was on 360, no one it seems. But MK isn't going to give up all its secrets on day 1.
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see "Sotark" show up there with a different look, but analogous move set with more generic weapons.

DasRaven said:
From the previous "URLEH" stream, which was on 360, no one it seems. But MK isn't going to give up all its secrets on day 1.
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see "Sotark" show up there with a different look, but analogous move set with more generic weapons.

I wouldn't mind that at all actually

Aske

The Lamonster said:
One thing that has been bugging me in the Gamestop commercials - why aren't Klassic Scorpion's eyes white? They look orange and catlike in those commercials.

Scorpion didn't have white eyes until MK2. It's a shame that the retro ninja costumes are based on MK1, because they didn't really nail the ninja look until MK2, and that's the design everyone pictures when they think of the classic versions of those characters.

20110414-m22fi79ucxnwudqjtjj9cph3im.jpg

G-Fex

I liked MK2 Shang Tsung, his little hat and fighting stance was awesome. Then they turned him into like a bodybuilding looking dude in MK3.

G-Fex said:
I liked MK2 Shang Tsung, his little hat and fighting stance was awesome. Then they turned him into like a bodybuilding looking dude in MK3.
It's all those souls, man. Why work out when you can just steal a soul?

flarkminator said:

Will these be option menu items as well? Seems like a hassle to have a kombat code every time.

Also, just curious, why would TOASTY be bad at a tournament? That's hype to me, and the crowd would get into it.

evil ways

Fucking hell, just got an itch to play some MK Deception and realized that it's been 3 years and I don't remember the password to my profile. All my unlocked stuff is gone.

low-G

Update for people who have preordered on Amazon.

They have turned on release date delivery for the standard edition preorders. So if you've already placed an order you'll probably want to switch the shipping method and save money & days.

Aske said:
Scorpion didn't have white eyes until MK2. It's a shame that the retro ninja costumes are based on MK1, because they didn't really nail the ninja look until MK2, and that's the design everyone pictures when they think of the classic versions of those characters.

Yeah, retro ninja costumes are actually kind of a mesh between MKII and MKI. Just look at the texture of the colored portions- that is straight up MKII. But, they do have cloth rather than hard masks, which is MKI.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
benzy said:
Looks the same as every other fatality that involves splitting the person in half. Maybe it's just me.

It seems a little different to me as the
2 halves of person are moving all crazy. Reminds me of that part in Terminator 2 when the T1000 is shot with a grenade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom