• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jared

mjc said:
Is Jeff right in saying that MK games don't need to be played with sticks? I haven't played an MK game since the PS2.

I refuse to touch a pad for any fighting game other than Mortal Kombat. All the tap-tap commands are a lot easier, along with all the dial-a-combos. MK9 is about the same.. unfortunately, thanks to MK Nationals, I have to play on the awful PDP stick. But after that? I'm most likely switching to a Mad Catz pad.

I still haven't ruled out using an all-Sanwa TE stick either. LK for Block, the next 4 over for everything else. I think it could work. The old MK layout is just not feasible.

Bleepey

Khezu you have no idea how much i wanna spoil that spoiler. But i am not going to read it, i have already spoilt too much. But just give me a jist as to what the spoilers about. Oh man and just when i thought the hype was taken up to 11 my hype levels reach over 9000.

shuri

Banned
One thing I like about MK9 is that they went back to simpler command sequences for fatalities; I can remember every single fatality, stage fatality and such from mk1-mk2, but i cant remember a single one from MK3 and after that.

Tesseract

Banned
Bleepey said:
Khezu you have no idea how much i wanna spoil that spoiler. But i am not going to read it, i have already spoilt too much. But just give me a jist as to what the spoilers about. Oh man and just when i thought the hype was taken up to 11 my hype levels reach over 9000.

6yAFz.jpg

Beardz

I can't believe how hyped I'm for this game. The MK team did a great job slowly hyping this game, the videos are great, the demo is great... all the secrets, the characters, everything!

I feel like I'm 13 years old again :D

robot

So torn on getting the MK TE stick. I already have a HRAP VLX and EX-SE, the only thing swaying me is the button layout. Are there any impressions of the stick floating around?

RedAssedApe

Banned
n3ss said:
Sigh... People are really concerned about spoilers in a fighting game? A fighting game? Come on!

Welllll...I guess its understandable with the story mode that people don't want any potential plot twists (that differentiate it from the original MK-MK3 timeline) spoiled?

Trakdown

duffyside said:
So hey, does this game have Babalities or, much more importantly, Friendships? Or is it just a Fatality-fest?

I seem to remember rumblings about each character having 4 fatalities...maybe that means 4 finishers (2 fatals, friendship and babality)?

n3ss said:
Sigh... People are really concerned about spoilers in a fighting game? A fighting game? Come on!
The game has a story mode that takes 6 to 10 hours depending on which NRS developer you believe. Over 2 hours of cutscenes. Plus there's a krypt with hundreds of unlockables

Chairhome

Amazon has release day delivery for MK again! Go go go. Its actually giving it to me for even cheaper, $54.99 :-D Thank you, Amazon!

This was probably asked already, new copy comes with online pass. Will it cause any problem with PS3 with more than 1 user? Or is it per Ps3?

fernoca

SephirothRK said:
This was probably asked already, new copy comes with online pass. Will it cause any problem with PS3 with more than 1 user? Or is it per Ps3?
Unknown at the moment.
Some games from EA allow for it, others don't. Since this is WB, we'll have to wait till Tuesday to know for sure.

Bleepey

Just watched the first chapter of the story mode. Johnny Cage is so well written it's not even funny. I'd pay for a game with him being the main protagonist.

Sheeva's first round win pose is straight up from MK3. Pretty neat.

Hector Sanchez is there-- they had trouble getting Boon because hes "tied" up lol

edit: Hector says never say never and theres an opportunity to do a retro style MK with digitized graphics in the future.

AAK

Something I saw in the OP just now:

fernoca said:
029v7.png

Close to capture him, Sonya follows Kano into the Outworld; were they're both captured and then imprisoned by Shao Kahn. This causes her superior, Mayor Jackson 'Jax' Briggs to lose contact with Sonya and he travels to her last known location to learn more about here whereabouts.

Haha, Hagger what? Behold the true mayor of earth!

low-G said:
So it's not a RAM limitation? Does he morph a lot under CPU control or just once?
It is. You can't morph to someone on command because it would stop the game for 5-10 seconds while the model/textures loaded for that character. With the CPU they can just pre-buffer the character before the morph.

DasRaven

Boon seems to have the same philosophy as Greenwalt @ T10.
Allow the gdlk tourney players to enjoy and exploit the depth of the engine, frames, and mindgames, but make it possible for the noobs to enjoy the game and dive down at their own pace.

This is a great thing IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom