• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ricardo asking about Shaolin Monks. Boon: we'd love to make sequels... some of the SM guys are at this party... we'd love to make one... if we get enough twitter questions we'll do it (half jokingly)

jtrov

Well, I guess that chat with an Amazon representative worked. I was finally able to change my shipping speed to "Release Date Delivery" after the option not being available for the past 3 days (even though the product page displayed it was available).

Awesome, so now Tuesday I'll be receiving both Portal 2 and MK, along with my Klassic Reptile costume! Hell yeah, can't wait!

Plissken

fernoca said:
But that's what I want, people to report typos and stuff.. ;)

I wasn't gonna say anything, cause the OP is quite epic, but since you asked....

In the story summary above the Table of Kontents, the last sentence reads "He must strike Shao Khan were he is vulnerable." Should be where. Nit-picky, I know :)

fernoca

Plissken said:
I wasn't gonna say anything, cause the OP is quite epic, but since you asked....

In the story summary above the Table of Kontents, the last sentence reads "He must strike Shao Khan were he is vulnerable." Should be where. Nit-picky, I know :)
Thanks, working on it.

EDIT:
Taking a little bit longer than expected, since I can't find the original file... :p

Smoke's alternate costume and fatality are both awesome. Definitely going to make him my main. I'm too excited about this game. Unfortunately I have a paper and a presentation next week. Must ration my time.

Chairhome

jtrov said:
Well, I guess that chat with an Amazon representative worked. I was finally able to change my shipping speed to "Release Date Delivery" after the option not being available for the past 3 days (even though the product page displayed it was available).

Awesome, so now Tuesday I'll be receiving both Portal 2 and MK, along with my Klassic Reptile costume! Hell yeah, can't wait!
Yeah, I spoke to one guy on chat and 3 or 4 different people on email and even talked to the amazongames twitter account. I like to think that I made a difference, haha. Yay for RDD :-D

Shaneus

So just quickly, it's pretty well confirmed that there's no exclusive for 360 on release? I have both consoles so I don't care, just want to make sure I'm getting as much content as possible.

TreIII

DopeyFish said:
just watching some gameplay....
quan chi
looks amazingly awesome to play as.

Indeed. Of course, I foresee people whining about how Story Mode forces some
"Endurance Matches"
, just like the first and third games. :lol

After watching the first Legacy episode I'm pretty disappointed. I have to hand it to Paul Anderson for actually making a decent movie out of the game. It must be a lot harder than it looks cause I think the Legacy ep just doesn't hold up to the original film. I guess I'm commenting more on how Anderson had to make the movie a little nonsensical so it would look cool and come off more as a game than a movie. Legacy is too much slow motion, overly dramatic music and pretty lame fighting. Though it's not bad, it just doesn't give me the vibe of the games like Anderson's vision did. Also, I think they miscast Sonya. She looks WAY too old here. I do think they nailed Jax. But I miss Kano from the first film.

Pachinko

Shaneus said:
So just quickly, it's pretty well confirmed that there's no exclusive for 360 on release? I have both consoles so I don't care, just want to make sure I'm getting as much kontent as possible.

If you're going to ask, at least do it right :p

And no, as of today nothing exclusive has been announced for the 360 version. Not that they won't get anything, I assume it'll be more of a "exclusive DLC" possibly of the free variety type scenario. I'm basically only buying it on 360 because that's the system I have an arcade stick for and I prefer xbox live to PSN. Surely the ps3 version in many ways looks to be the superior edition at launch.

Which reminds me- no one answered my question from earlier- what would be the best button layout on a SF4 TE stick for mortal kombat ?

TreIII

evilromero said:
After watching the first Legacy episode I'm pretty disappointed. I have to hand it to Paul Anderson for actually making a decent movie out of the game. It must be a lot harder than it looks cause I think the Legacy ep just doesn't hold up to the original film. I guess I'm commenting more on how Anderson had to make the movie a little nonsensical so it would look cool and come off more as a game than a movie. Legacy is too much slow motion, overly dramatic music and pretty lame fighting. Though it's not bad, it just doesn't give me the vibe of the games like Anderson's vision did. Also, I think they miscast Sonya. She looks WAY too old here. I do think they nailed Jax. But I miss Kano from the first film.

I dunno. I think it's a good start, considering how they wanted to make a more "down-to-Earth origin story" of sorts. We already know that this mini-series is not going to play up the "magical" side of the series, and it's supposed to be a build up to what we eventually see in the tournament.

So, in that respect, I give this mini-series its props. It's obviously going to set up for an inevitable movie, which will likely have a bigger budget to play around with and adequately render the over-the-top aspects of MK. But for now, this will do, for what they had in mind from the jump.

It is a good start I agree. I just hope for the movie they hire a real director who can capture the spirit of the game but keep their current cinematographer and set designer. I love both of those aspects from Legacy.

So was that Stryker working alongside Jax?

evilromero said:
It is a good start I agree. I just hope for the movie they hire a real director who can capture the spirit of the game but keep their current cinematographer and set designer. I love both of those aspects from Legacy.

Yep, it was Stryker

TreIII

evilromero said:

I believe so. Why Stryker would be doing that at this point is beyond me, but whatever! :lol

fernoca

Plissken said:

And done. :p
Had to do it all over again, because I couldn't find the original just to edit that 'h' in there. XD

A mate gave me a call saying that he got the game already and I went over to his house to check it out (I never played the demo)

Let me just say that I was really fucking impressed!

Its probably the best story mode in the fighting game I've ever seen.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Just cracked into a copy early.

1) Kombat pass is confirmed.
2) instructions is a three page piece of shit. Lol Terrible.

Going to dig into story a bit.

Story presentation is pretty neat. Unstoppable cutscenes though.

SkyTurkey

Neo Member
Is playing with a fight stick as important in Mortal Kombat as say it would be in SSF4 or MvC3? Reason I'm asking is I have a tournament edition fight stick for PS3 but I'd rather purchase MK on 360.

SkyTurkey said:
Is playing with a fight stick as important in Mortal Kombat as say it would be in SSF4 or MvC3? Reason I'm asking is I have a tournament edition fight stick for PS3 but I'd rather purchase MK on 360.
It's only important if you normally play on a stick in the first place. Play with what you're comfy with, not what people tell you to.

giancarlo123x said:
So has anyone who has picked it up early figure out if Klassic outfits are unlockables or DLC?

I don't think they will be in the Krypt. We should know by tomorrow after everyone unloks everything in it.

Wark

Beardz said:
I can't believe how hyped I'm for this game. The MK team did a great job slowly hyping this game, the videos are great, the demo is great... all the secrets, the characters, everything!

I feel like I'm 13 years old again :D

This is exactly how I feel. I honestly haven't been a fan of the series since maybe Trilogy and this game has me so hyped. The execution of everything -- from the character spotlights to the demo -- has gotten me wanting the game so badly. I really wish I could find a place that broke street date.

Kintaro said:

Awesome! If only I could find a place that is selling it early. Where, if I may ask, did you pick the game up? Mom-and-pop shop?

Lerozz

For all those people around Germany: online store www.okaysoft.de is apparently starting to deliver the Austrian uncut version today.

And I am sitting in UK. Gaaaah ! :/

Edit:
photo-2.png

Edit2: www.gameware.at delivers now as well ...

LordAlu

Kintaro said:

Is it like the ones you get in recent EA games where all the manual kontent is on the disc and the box just has a leaflet with a control scheme and some health & safety / troubleshooting stuff, or is it actually a manual that is only three pages?

kiryogi

Banned
Mr. E. Yis said:
I don't think they will be in the Krypt. We should know by tomorrow after everyone unloks everything in it.

Think it was said that all the codes are just early unlocks for stuff you'll get eventually in the Krypt. Nothing truly exclusive here except for Kratos.

Aske

kiryogi said:
Think it was said that all the codes are just early unlocks for stuff you'll get eventually in the Krypt. Nothing truly exclusive here except for Kratos.

Still unconfirmed. But you're right that signs are pointing to the classic costumes/fatalities being unlockable in the game. As Yis says, we should know conclusively very soon...

Kweh

Gah, everything is leaking and it's ever increasinlgly more hard to not click links to fatalities etc.

Praying for an early release in the UK :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom