• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

Xevren said:
I'm probably in the minority, just wish Sonya had a MK3 outfit.

Nah, I kinda miss the spandex too. Chick who played her was cute too:
vaZEF.jpg

Her Armageddon look wasn't half bad either:
pcJtE.jpg

G-Fex said:
For that beauty with those thighs and abs...I'll fight you.

In a childrens card game.

To the Death.
Ready yourself, then. I challenge you to Mortal Kombat.

It's time to duel!
Although I'd settle for Mileena.

G-Fex

Professor Beef said:
Ready yourself, then. I challenge you to Mortal Kombat.

It's time to duel!
Although I'd settle for Mileena.

Surely we can trade Kitana and Mileena around like ...trading cards.

G-Fex

Beardz said:
And you should replace that bag of chips with a head, Mileena style.

That's really more of Reptiles old thing.

Oh wait right it's also mileena's thing.

That means...

Mileena x Reptile?

TreIII

G-Fex said:
That's really more of Reptiles old thing.

If he really wanted Agumon to cite Mileena, he could be eating a bunch of nails (prior to spitting them out rapid-fire style, a la her UMK3 Fatality).

Frankfurt

Banned
TRMK's dude with the game says it's been quite laggy so far against the half-a-dozen people that have the game. We can't be sure until everyone has it, tho.

strideramc

fernoca said:
What do you mean? :p
Blind select as in random select? Is there.
Penalty for rage quiting/disconnect? Affects your leaderbaord stats so probably counts as a loss.

Unless you meant something else... :p

I think he means blind select in terms of being able to select your fighter without your opponent seeing who you are selecting.

leed1990

Neo Member
I know there was much speculation as to what the xbox 360 exclusive was going to be (Green Lantern, other Xbox exclusive characters) since there was Kratos for the ps3, but has there actually been anything released for the 360 as an exclusive?

fernoca

KAL2006 said:
OK I have not been keeping up, how is online in comparison to SSFIV in terms of lag
Well, the game hasn't been officially released yet so even if there were people playing online, only after the official release they could get an idea when a few hundreds of thousand people join the party.. :p ... And most people playing it seem to be playing offline at the moment..

leed1990 said:
I know there was much speculation as to what the xbox 360 exclusive was going to be (Green Lantern, other Xbox exclusive characters) since there was Kratos for the ps3, but has there actually been anything released for the 360 as an exclusive?
There won't be,it seems. Greent Lantern was a fake/joke too.

strideramc said:
I think he means blind select in terms of being able to select your fighter without your opponent seeing who you are selecting.
Oh that, yeah. Probably part of the whole "duplicating arcade felling thing". :p

leed1990 said:

Nope.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
leed1990 said:

There was not, is not and will not be an xbox exclusive character.

Frankfurt said:
TRMK's dude with the game says it's been quite laggy so far against the half-a-dozen people that have the game. We can't be sure until everyone has it, tho.
I didn't have any problems playing on GiantBomb's TNT last night with MK vs DC... so I figure as long as its good as that, I'll be good with it.

At some point you can't compensate for a bad internet connection.

RS4-

Blind select is there iirc, it's one of the options you toggle when you bring up a sub menu that shows up along with the choice to random select

KAL2006

Banned
Frankfurt said:

Damn shame, any lagier than SSFIV would be a disappointment for me

Minamu

fernoca said:
No.
Yes. Added to the Misc. sections, Special Videos :p)
Nice :)

Are you gonna add achievement/trophy lists as well? Guides for that stuff should be popping up in a couple of weeks, if you're into that sort of thing :)

Took a look at the guide laying around Gamestop. There's a TON of Krypt stuff to unlock. The character strategies has a large "best match up" and "worst match up" write-ups. In the very back is actually a tier list! I was surprised to see so many 7 and 3s listed but they are there. I couldn't jot down the whole tier list here is the gist of it:

Low tier (with 5-10 3/7 match ups)
Baraka
*spoiler dude A
*spoiler dude B (it's the two you have to unlock we've known about for a while)
Kratos

High tier (with 5-10 7/3 match ups)
Ermac
Johnny Cage
Kung Lao
Liu Kang
Nightwolf
Raiden
Shang Tsung
Smoke

fernoca

Watch for spoilers 'robut'. Two characters there are considered spoiler-material. ;)

EDIT:
Thanks. :p
No biggie, but some people would'e gotten pissed off at you for that; since it's part of the story/cannon. :p

Minamu said:
Nice :)

Are you gonna add achievement/trophy lists as well? Guides for that stuff should be popping up in a couple of weeks, if you're into that sort of thing :)
After release, yep. Since I don't want to put spoiler tags into half of them. :p

TreIII

Chopperman said:
lol

how can there be a tier list before the game drops

Because this game has already been tested by a number of tournament-level players already. If anybody is qualified to say what the tiers are, it's those who already know a great deal of game, and spent time with it.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Frankfurt said:

Not a good sign. But yeah, hard to say for sure until the game is actually available to everyone, I guess.

robut said:
Took a look at the guide laying around Gamestop. There's a TON of Krypt stuff to unlock. The character strategies has a large "best match up" and "worst match up" write-ups. In the very back is actually a tier list! I was surprised to see so many 7 and 3s listed but they are there. I couldn't jot down the whole tier list here is the gist of it:

Low tier (with 5-10 3/7 match ups)
Baraka
*spoiler dude A
*spoiler dude B (it's the two you have to unlock we've known about for a while)
Kratos

High tier (with 5-10 7/3 match ups)
Ermac
Johnny Cage
Kung Lao
Liu Kang
Nightwolf
Raiden
Shang Tsung
Smoke

This isn't very reassuring either.

It's worth noting that the SF4 (Vanilla) strategy guide had Zangief 2nd, Fei Long 4th, Akuma like 9th or some such, Cammy 4th from bottom, C. Viper 5th from bottom, and Blanka in A tier.

Not that this means that MK's tier list isn't accurate for MK, but I'm not going to get too disheartened until after a few months of 1000s of decent players banging on the game mechanics back that up.

alstein

How were the reviews of the online for SF4 and Blazblue pre-release, since those were the games with acceptable online this gen?

I wouldn't be surprised if the game's netcode is bad, but I don't expect Marvel bad.

alstein said:
How were the reviews of the online for SF4 and Blazblue pre-release, since those were the games with acceptable online this gen?

I wouldn't be surprised if the game's netcode is bad, but I don't expect Marvel bad.
Blazblue's pre-launch online was great. I still remember Haunts being hype with his pre-release copy of CT lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom