• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
clockpunk said:
Just been allowed a very quick go on a friend's review copy. Glad to report that Klassic Skins are all unlockable (by purchasing concept art for that character, which is all random as you don't know what you are buying until it unlocks). I was allowed to choose a grave at random, I picked 7 and got Reptiles Klassic skin.

Capcom does not approve.

Great work NRS. Thanks for not nickel and diming the fans for content already on the disc.

AEREC

notworksafe said:
360 is the easier dual mod most likely, so I'd keep that.

oh..thats good to know, 360 it is. Also what do you mean by dual mod...Im assuming modding it so it works on PS3 as well?

notworksafe

AEREC said:
awesome...how complicated a process is it?
It's fairly easy. You can just solder another PCB (printer circuit board) to your stick.

There's also one you can buy that has both 360 and PS3 on one board...but it still seems easier to install on a 360 stick.

Dual Modding 101

Teknoman

Also since when was Marvel's netcode bad? MvC3 matches have been great for me online the majority of the time. Same with Blazblue, SF4, and SSF4.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
clockpunk said:
Just been allowed a very quick go on a friend's review copy. Glad to report that Klassic Skins are all unlockable (by purchasing concept art for that character, which is all random as you don't know what you are buying until it unlocks). I was allowed to choose a grave at random, I picked 7 and got Reptiles Klassic skin.

I haven't seen it definitively reported yet, so there we go! :D

Assuming Klassic Fatalities require a seperate purchase within the Krypt.
That's great. I probably won't even redeem the code I get from Best Buy, then — it'll be more fun to unlock all the skins via the Krypt.

AEREC

notworksafe said:
It's fairly easy. You can just solder another PCB (printer circuit board) to your stick.

There's also one you can buy that has both 360 and PS3 on one board...but it still seems easier to install on a 360 stick.

Dual Modding 101

Thanks a bunch...it's definatley something I will be looking into this summer when I have more time.

Makes me wonder if this is possible on my 360 HRAP VX SA.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Teknoman said:
Also since when was Marvel's netcode bad? MvC3 matches have been great for me online the majority of the time. Same with Blazblue, SF4, and SSF4.

Not sure the if that game's netcode is worse than SSF4's, but the game itself is more sensitive to latency just because it's faster.

But when people complain about MvC3's online they usually complain about the ass-backwards way a lot of things are implemented, the general lack of features, and the matchmaking.

RS4-

And the rest of the marvel online complaints are just about general match making when you're from one part of north america and end up playing on awful connections vs those from mexico, brazil and europe.

I ended up using this config for MK on my TE
FP - Tag - BP
FK - block - BK

I tried to switch the front__ with the tag/block and it felt awkward after a while. Getting used to the combo system is much more different; not everyone has the same dial a combo chain either.

Jax could get away with something like the ground pound, then walk up two FP, into a target then cancel into the rush punch/command grab or his fireball or j.attack xx throw; or if you got them in the corner, ground pound then land 4-5 FPs into the above followups.

Hell even the FP only followup could do thirty odd percent. But that stuff is all pretty basic; have to try to figure out what you can really do.

MrMephistoX

clockpunk said:

I haven't seen it definitively reported yet, so there we go! :D

Assuming Klassic Fatalities require a seperate purchase within the Krypt.
There's an old Russian maxim “Doveryai, no proveryai – trust, but verify.” to channel a certain Jelly bean loving American president. I just have yet to see this confirmed on TRMK or others chiming in from the spoiler thread.

clockpunk

Apparently completing an individual character's arcade challenge (?) ladder will also unlock the costume. Still not 100% certain about Fatalities, but it seems almost certain that they should be in the Krypt as well.

I expect a full list of what each of the 100+ numbered purchases unlocks within a day of two of release.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
If you can unlock the classic costumes in-game thats a great move, fed up of customers being penalised for buying a game at their choice of retailer.

I would not mind pre-order bonus swag like a poster or T-shirt but in-game stuff really rubs me the wrong way.

notworksafe

clockpunk said:
Apparently completing an individual character's arcade challenge (?) ladder will also unlock the costume. Still not 100% certain about Fatalities, but it seems almost certain that they should be in the Krypt as well.

I expect a full list of what each of the 100+ numbered purchases unlocks within a day of two of release.
You do unlock a kostume by beating arcade, but those are different than the klassic kostumes.

MK rules just because it gives me an excuse to use more "K"'s

Lifejumper said:
How do you guys think this game will be received by critics? My guess are scores in the 90s.
jeff-5.png

clockpunk

notworksafe said:
You do unlock a kostume by beating arcade, but those are different than the klassic kostumes.

MK rules just because it gives me an excuse to use more "K"'s

So it is! Excellente! The more costume options, the better, to my mind. :D

Teknoman

Lost Fragment said:
Not sure the if that game's netcode is worse than SSF4's, but the game itself is more sensitive to latency just because it's faster.

But when people complain about MvC3's online they usually complain about the ass-backwards way a lot of things are implemented, the general lack of features, and the matchmaking.

Oh, in that case I agree. Every fighting game should at least have lobbies with spectator mode and replays.

Huff

Banned
How are the advertisements where everyone is living?

In NA, I'm seeing a commercial every 15 minutes and if I didn't know better, I'd say this was a PS3 exclusive. And I'm really digging the reptile theme song by skrillex, which is in the commercial, it has me so excited for this game.

Teknoman

All i've seen are the Gamestop preorder commercials. I just hope the music volume is at a decent level in retail, and the X-Ray move bone crunches are alot louder/crunchier sounding. Far too quiet in the demo.

RS4-

Teknoman said:
All i've seen are the Gamespot preorder commercials. I just hope the music volume is at a decent level in retail, and the X-Ray move bone crunches are alot louder/crunchier sounding. Far too quiet in the demo.

default audio is kind of low but you can at least adjust it via options.

There are two achievements for getting stuff in the Krypt. If I use an unlock code for an outfit wonder if I'll be screwing myself out the achievements?

robut said:
There are two achievements for getting stuff in the Krypt. If I use an unlock code for an outfit wonder if I'll be screwing myself out the achievements?
I doubt that will happen, you should be able to buy stuff still but it will be unlocked already.

RiZ III

BroHuffman said:
How are the advertisements where everyone is living?

In NA, I'm seeing a commercial every 15 minutes and if I didn't know better, I'd say this was a PS3 exclusive. And I'm really digging the reptile theme song by skrillex, which is in the commercial, it has me so excited for this game.

I haven't really seen any tv ads. I did see a billboard though. This is in Chicago.

RS4-

Beardz said:
I hope the kontents of the krypt are randomized :D

They're not, or at least not the ones that have the fatalities/costumes; I used some thread on gamefaqs that had those specific ones listed and it worked.

Tokubetsu

Beardz said:
I hope the kontents of the krypt are randomized :D

If the krypt is like the ones in the Ps2 games, you don't want it to be either. Theres a lot of lame shit in there you dont want to waste your koins (or w/e they're called in this) on.

Big Chungus

How's the TE stick?

I'm a beginner to fighting gmaes so I pre-ordered the TE edition so I could get the stick.

When I played the demo, the PS3 Dual Shock felt pretty comfortable to me.

Should I stick with the TE or just grab the standard?

fna84 said:
How's the TE stick?

I'm a beginner to fighting gmaes so I pre-ordered the TE edition so I could get the stick.

the stick is very limited so do you really want it or not, game is the same as regular inside the box.

_dementia said:
a gaffer has claimed to unlock classic reptile through the krypt.
#7 tombstone was actually his alt
though, until we see a picture from some one with the game already no one has it unlocked/earned yet, if possible.

Tokubetsu

fna84 said:
How's the TE stick?

You also won't be able to just pick up the TE and play if you're not used to it. It's gonna take awhile for you get a feel for a stick if you're new. It'll probably hurt your game in the short run.

low-G

Lifejumper said:
How do you guys think this game will be received by critics? My guess are scores in the 90s.

There's some real potential for high scores because of all the content. It seems a lot of reviewers can't really appreciate a fighting game in its purest form. (not saying MK doesn't have that too, but MK definitely has a lot of features other fighting games don't)

alstein

low-G said:
There's some real potential for high scores because of all the content. It seems a lot of reviewers can't really appreciate a fighting game in its purest form. (not saying MK doesn't have that too, but MK definitely has a lot of features other fighting games don't)

That's not always true. Not going to mention names, but a game reviewer I know who works at a major magazine (and has done at least a half-dozen reviews of fighters) is actually a decent fighting game player, but reviews the games with a focus on casual players, as hardcores don't use the magazine for reviews.

fernoca

The Lamonster said:
Have there been any reviews yet?
Embargoed until launch it seems.

And retro -costumes haven't been unlocked at the Krypt yet..false alarm! ;)

EDIT:
And yeah, you can "pause" during many online games too; but like in MK; the action doesn't stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom