• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG OMG OMG MY COPY JUST ARRIVED!!!!!!!!

my-body-is-ready_sayr-_0.gif

Anyanka

TommyManberg said:
Seems like an moderately skilled player can prevent that.

Huh? Is the plan to...never get hit by Cyrax?

If Cyrax lands a combo you burn two stocks of meter or the round is over. This is game killing broken.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Anyanka said:

If Cyrax lands a combo you burn two stocks of meter or the round is over. This is game killing broken.

AND THAT'S WHY THERE IS A DAY 1 PATCH GETTING RID OF IT.

The fuck, man?

Anyanka said:

Uh, the video actually says that these are known and will be fixed in day 1 patches.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Anyanka said:
Infinites already
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_WEZGptJsw

That Cyrax one works the same way as Flash's in DC. It's depressing that something this simple would make it this far. Even if this is patched day 1 if you're not worried you're not being honest with yourself.

Yep. The big damage combos are still there as well. Saw someone do the Scorpion 40%+ one. With a few of the other characters the scaling seemed to be ok, but I guess it isn't after seeing that and the Smoke videos.

TreIII

Anyanka said:

There will be a Day 1 patch. The testers and NRS have known about this already. It's just that those who got it "URLEH" are playing before that patch is ready.

Anyanka

The point is that if they missed this we should be worried it's only the beginning. And yes I know they're planning more patches.

TreIII

Anyanka said:
The point is that if they missed this we should be worried it's only the beginning. And yes I know they're planning more patches.

At this point, the only thing I'm worried about is seeing how NRS responds to what will be inevitable. The system that they're touting sounds like it could be an easy way to remedy things, but I'm really hoping that they won't go the Capcom route of the "knee-jerk reaction", either.

Kalnos

Banned
Anyanka said:

This kind of game will never be truly balanced, and things will obviously slip through the cracks during launch. The fact that they're patching the game is sign that they care, which is a good sign to me.

I'm not even sure if they have to patch the game. Maybe if its some sort of bug in the code, but if its just a matter of changing the properties of the teleport or the net then they can do it via their dynamic tuning of move properties. If anything, if they fix this on day 1 we know they are committed to the game.

Kalnos said:
This kind of game will never be truly balanced, and things will obviously slip through the cracks during launch. The fact that they're patching the game is sign that they care, which is a good sign to me.

Yeah. As long as they treat it like Blizzard treats StarCraft and just makes sure they keep incrementally fixing and adjusting things, it will end up being fine. The problems with MK's balance came in after MK4 when they didn't have a serious way to play test the game's before release and didn't have an easy way to patch the games until MK vs DC.

Anyanka

TreIII said:
At this point, the only thing I'm worried about is seeing how NRS responds to what will be inevitable. The system that they're touting sounds like it could be an easy way to remedy things, but I'm really hoping that they won't go the Capcom route of the "knee-jerk reaction", either.

Agreed. These need to go but patching every strat the community whines about before it's able to evolve over time would suck. And of course there's going to be legions of casual players yelling and screaming about stuff that's not even that good.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
TommyManberg said:
Seems like an moderately skilled player can prevent that.

With a combo breaker? Otherwise, there's no way out of the loop, regardless of skill.

I know there's going to be a patch Day One. I just laughed at the prospect that skill can prevent infinites like these.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
infinityBCRT said:
If anything, if they fix this on day 1 we know they are committed to the game.
Not to say they aren't committed to the game, but a day 1 patch is not showing commitment in the least.

Counter example: Brutal Legend got a day 1 patch. And right now every PS3 copy has had a sound bug (you can't hear sfx) since 2 weeks after launch.

KAL2006

Banned
so is it confirmed classic costumes are not unlockable from the krypt and the only way to get them is preorder bonus or buy as DLC

Aske

KAL2006 said:
so is it confirmed classic costumes are not unlockable from the krypt and the only way to get them is preorder bonus or buy as DLC

Nope. We're still stuck in a holding pattern, waiting for the handful of people who have the game to unlock everything.

I am already sick of "pro", Competitive", "serious" players complaining about this game and it hasn't been truly released yet. 99.9% of people do not give a damn... just get over it already.

I was torn between getting the classic outfits for Reptile or Scorpion but since
I have infinite hate for Reptile being an actual dragon ninja thing and not just the simple
palette swap he was back in the day I ordered from Amazon.

But if I can unlock the OG Scorpion outfit thatd be awesome too

Azuran

Banned
Are the classic fatalities in the disc or are they DLC only? Unlike the costumes, I'm assuming anyone can perform them if they know the inputs. I'm gonna be pissed if I can't burn people to death with Scorpion.

Glass Joe

Aske said:
Nope. We're still stuck in a holding pattern, waiting for the handful of people who have the game to unlock everything.

I'm not keeping my hopes up. With everything that's been revealed already, someone would have stumbled upon at least one in the krypt by now. In fact, didn't someone earlier claim that they found retro art for one of the ninjas but he couldn't actually use it in game (unlike he other costume alts he'd unlocked in a similar manner?).

The classic fatalities meant more to me than the retro costumes, but I do want them all. And heck no I'm not buying more than one copy. Maybe DLC or MAYBE someone will stumble on it hidden in the krypt, but I doubt it.

TreIII

Anyanka said:
Agreed. These need to go but patching every strat the community whines about before it's able to evolve over time would suck. And of course there's going to be legions of casual players yelling and screaming about stuff that's not even that good.

Yeah. One thing that may be in our favor though, is that at least the channels between NRS and the top tier players are seemingly very open, and of course, are largely English-speakers. That could likely be a difference, compared to being reliant on community managers reporting back to their Japanese superiors.

sooperkool said:
I am already sick of "pro", Competitive", "serious" players complaining about this game and it hasn't been truly released yet. 99.9% of people do not give a damn... just get over it already.

excuse people for caring about the fighting game part of a fighting game. =P

sooperkool said:

...what? Caring about balance or shit being broken really doesn't have anything to do with that.

Anyanka

sooperkool said:

You get over it. The devs have been pushing this as a viable competitive game.

KAL2006

Banned
Aske said:

can't someone just check the disk data and find out all the krypt items

Competitive game... lol. Trust me after enough raging by the "competitive" scene, NetherRealm is going to ignore the shit out of you guys. I just think its like the Comic Book Guy getting pissed off at nothng, there will be a day one patch and probably a few more and then you'l just have to deal with it. "Competitive" types re not whose going to be lining NR's pockets.

Anyanka

sooperkool said:
Competitive game... lol. Trust me after enough raging by the "competitive" scene, NetherRealm is going to ignore the shit out of you guys. I just think its like the Comic Book Guy getting pissed off at nothng, there will be a day one patch and probably a few more and then you'l just have to deal with it. "Competitive" types re not whose going to be lining NR's pockets.

I'm concerned not "raging". Mildest rage ever.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
sooperkool said:

Practical, easy-to-execute infinites affect everyone, not just tournament players.

That said, I'm not too concerned. There'll be broken shit for sure day 1 (especially in tag mode), but stuff will be patched.

sooperkool said:

Your posts seem to make it look like you desperately want the game to be shitty and unbalanced and think anyone who thinks otherwise is crazy. Maybe I'm wrong though.

sooperkool said:

That can happen. However, it doesn't really invalidate their concerns. The multiplayer aspect of the game will determine whether it's a game you keep or sell to gamespot as a used copy.

There's nothing to be really elitist about. You're basically arguing for the sake of Mortal Kombat being the Just Dance of fighting games, so you can feel like you're part of a bigger important crowd.

Sblargh

Banned
As long as it don't have MvC3 elitism where scrubs are the necessary evil that ruined what was a real man game, I'm more than fine with the pros poiting out flaws.

Edit: and btw, stuff like Cyrax infinite MUST be whined to death and MUST be regarded as a serious problem, not so much because it ruins EVO, but because it is ragequit material. If I'm stuck watching a dude slowly kill me with a 3% loop; fuck sportmanship, I'm ragequiting.

methos75

Banned
Anyone getting the Kitana DLC and wish to gameshare on the PS3, I have set up a separate account that I have shared with members from TRMK and MKonline and between the four of us we have all DLC covered and being redeemed on that account but for Kitana.

Snapshot King said:
Your posts seem to make it look like you desperately want the game to be shitty and unbalanced and think anyone who thinks otherwise is crazy. Maybe I'm wrong though.

No, I just think a ver small group of you are concerned about something that has been already addressed an may not exist once you have the actual game on release day.

I don't care about srars and frames and infinite loops. I'll probably never play too many randoms online and if there is some great "exploit: that keeps this game from being the head liner of the Amp Energy World Championships hen I really dont care. I'm just tired of the bitching because almost no one cares about it.

So yeah, I'm sure that means I want the game shitty and unbalanced because somebody somewhere with too much time on their hands uses a technique that I'll never see to kick my butt in some video game.

day 1 patch along with the back-end update system neverrealm have will remove any infinite found after they work out what to do with it, really these early release players are doing the final testing for them imo.

All games have problems, sagat in SF4 vanilla, zero with his glitchy ring out move in mvc3, they got patched and so will this.

sooperkool said:
No, I just think a ver small group of you are concerned about something that has been already addressed an may not exist once you have the actual game on release day.

I don't care about srars and frames and infinite loops. I'll probably never play too many randoms online and if there is some great "exploit: that keeps this game from being the head liner of the Amp Energy World Championships hen I really dont care. I'm just tired of the bitching because almost no one cares about it.

So yeah, I'm sure that means I want the game shitty and unbalanced because somebody somewhere with too much time on their hands uses a technique that I'll never see to kick my butt in some video game.

So first of all, take some time with your posts, helps for legibility if you finish spelling words instead of just typing them out in a mad dash to troll people.

Second, you don't need to care about srars (not sure what this is) and frames and infinite loops. However, easy loops like this means that if not fixed, the online play will immediately become rife with people using this and only this, essentially ruining the game for people who want to play online. Or are you saying that you're going to play offline entirely, or that people who want to play the game online are crazy and their opinions have no value?

evil ways

crimzonflame said:
How are 360 users supposed to get Jade's Klassic costume? I just found out the blu-ray code is for PS3 only.
Boon hinted that klassic costumes would be available to everybody somewhere down the line, didn't say how or when though.

"No, I just think a ver small group of you are concerned about something that has been already addressed an may not exist once you have the actual game on release day.

So yeah, I'm sure that means I want the game shitty and unbalanced because somebody somewhere with too much time on their hands uses a technique that I'll never see to kick my butt in some video game."

If none of this affects you, then why are you complaining? Any changes made to the game won't affect you either. Essentially, nothing people are complaining about affects you good or bad, so I have to ask: What, exactly, is the purpose of your posts? At the end of the day, if NRS caters to the competitive crowd, none of their changes do anything to your experience so why are you trying to stop people from talking about issues that they think will affect their experience negatively?

I'm genuinely curious, so do respond.

sooperkool said:

There's nothing wrong with liking a shitty game.

derFeef

Aske said:
It has been confirmed that they are unlockable (spoiler thread), but you need to work a bit more for them.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
sooperkool said:

Do you have a pie charts for these numbers? Line graph, perhaps?

Teknopathetic said:
"No, I just think a ver small group of you are concerned about something that has been already addressed an may not exist once you have the actual game on release day.

So yeah, I'm sure that means I want the game shitty and unbalanced because somebody somewhere with too much time on their hands uses a technique that I'll never see to kick my butt in some video game."

If none of this affects you, then why are you complaining? Any changes made to the game won't affect you either. Essentially, nothing people are complaining about affects you good or bad, so I have to ask: What, exactly, is the purpose of your posts? At the end of the day, if NRS caters to the competitive crowd, none of their changes do anything to your experience so why are you trying to stop people from talking about issues that they think will affect their experience negatively?

I'm genuinely curious, so do respond.

Just tired of the same od with every fighting game. "Its broken", "it wont be competitive". The game isnt even out yet and the devs have said they'll take care of it but always the complaining. Let the game be released and actually be broken and not fixed. That i can get behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom