• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aske

MrMephistoX said:
From the spoiler thread it looks like the classic alts are not in the Krypt but may be unlockable with certain win conditions: think Santa flying across the moon, two flawless victories and a fatality. If true I'd almost prefer it this way...very old school.

Does this mean someone claimed to have unlocked one in the game without the use of a promo code, but you're waiting on confirmation? Or has someone definitely unlocked a classic alt, but they don't know how they did it?

parasight

No one has unlocked them yet.

The one theory is that fighting all 4 secret kombatants (smoke, noob, jade and reptile) will unlock all the outfits, or certain ways of beating them will unlock the outfits. So far all hidden guys have been found but Jade.

TreIII said:
YouTube - MK9 REO (Kabal) VS Dark Rob (Reptile) Part 1
YouTube - MK9 REO (Kabal) VS Dark Rob (Reptile) Part 2

Set of matches between REO (Season's Beatings: Redemption UMK3 Champion) and Dark Rob. (Audio synch is bad, but w/e)

For an early glimpse of what high-level play for this game will start looking like, look no further. Go Reptile!

These matches were really fun to watch. As a stream monster I will love watching this game. I'm pretty hype about the $20k tourney that Sp00ky is casting and I imagine that it will be huge.

I have always thought that this game will sell gangbusters and get GOTY awards (at least in the fighting genre). This game is going to have incredible word of mouth and bring in everyone that still plays games that played MK2 at their Pizza Hut.

God's Beard said:
Alpha 2

0VRsf.png

Ny6P5.png

6lytX.gif

uu12y.png

Joke post?

Aske

parasight said:
No one has unlocked them yet.

The one theory is that fighting all 4 secret kombatants (smoke, noob, jade and reptile) will unlock all the outfits, or certain ways of beating them will unlock the outfits. So far all hidden guys have been found but Jade.

That would be powerfully awesome. Love that the
secret kombat
is back! Never expected that to pop up in the new game.

Does anyone have the guide yet? If not, perhaps all the remaining secrets will be in there. I could see NRS holding something like this back though.

GrayFoxPL

Frank "Trashman" Reynolds said:
Sub-Zero seems like god tier cause of his ice clone. That shit needs to get hit with the nerf stick.

Let's not hit anyone with a nerf stick until the game is out and better yet played for couple of months.

Tiers will fly back and forth.

fernoca

Sub-Zero seems like god tier cause of his ice clone. That shit needs to get hit with the nerf stick. A lot of characters can't even get around it. Ugh
Did anything changed from the demo? I remember many complaining about how he sucked because he's slow, etc. He didn't, but don't know he could've gone from sucking, to needing to be nerfed. Guess it depends on the ones playing, so no need to nerf anyone..yet.

Nelo Ice said:
this been posted yet?

unboxing of a KE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6A5_1y4FqM
So good.. :(

ProtoCents said:
TommyManberg
(Today, 03:00 PM)
Reply | Quote

ProtoCents
Thinks he's L33T because of game forum longevity
(Today, 03:05 PM)
Reply | Quote

But seriously. I'm simply talking about from an artistic standpoint. I disagree with the guys post.

n3ss

aka acr0nym
Sub-Zero seems like god tier cause of his ice clone. That shit needs to get hit with the nerf stick. A lot of characters can't even get around it. Ugh

Really? He still doesn't seem that great to me, ---- on the other hand :D

n3ss said:
Really? He still doesn't seem that great to me,
Cyber-Subzero
on the other hand :D

He can play mega lame with it and some of the cast can't even get around it. I've been playing Jax and every time one gets thrown in my face I'm pretty much stuck standing just looking at it. Other characters have to do unsafe moves to get around it. I think Sub-Zero is one of the better characters in the game because of it.

Edit: I was just told you might be able to dash block into it to make it go away... That would help a little. Going to try it out in a second.

Zeal

Banned
currently playing in story mode. the game is beast, and i love how it emulates the vibe of the MK1 movie, even down to mimicking some of the music, lines, and scenes.

Best MK since MK2, imo.

Guys, remember to stay away from talking about the spoilers untagged in this thread (including the unlockable characters). Theres another thread for that.

fernoca

The irony is that Tommy's account is older than Proto's by 3 months, just that Proto has 400+ more posts. So the difference in status is because of amount of posts, rather than time.

But back to MK guys!!

If you wanna fight, then do a Scorpion vs Sektor match this tuesday!! XD

EDIT:
And yep, spoiler-tag "the 2 secret characters not mentioned in the OT" for the moment, some would like the "surprise"; specially of that "2nd character". :p

fernoca said:
The irony is that Tommy's account is older than Proto's by 3 months, just that Proto has 400+ more posts. So the difference in status is because of amount of posts, rather than time.

But back to MK guys!!

EDIT:
And yep, spoiler-tag "the 2 secret characters not mentioned in the OT" for the moment, some would like the "surprise"; specially of that "2nd character". :p

Fen has ruled. I WIN! Fatality! :)

Also I look forward to owning several Gafers with Scorpion and Kratos. I master Scorpion during the demo and now I'm woking on Kratos.

Tesseract said:
so uh, re: mortal kombat's netcode: what's the verdict?
Still up in the air, with a day one patch who knows if they are going to fix it (not that it needs fixing I dont know) wait until tuesday night for some impressions.

fernoca said:

But back to MK guys!!

Haha, no fighting intended. Bolding junior member just seemed like the only justified response to someone not bowing down to SFA2 stages. However, they are very different from MK9 stages and both are amazing in their own way.

Back to the game, I haven't seen anyone streaming tag mode. I hope this is the mode that becomes the most popular. Especially in tourney play.

TheApatheticOne said:
For those who have asked "PS3 or XBox", what have you settled on? I dont think Ive EVER been this torn on a multiplatform release. I usually get multiplatform games on the XBox, but Kratos and the Dualshock's D-Pad is putting up a battle in my mind against XBL and my larger friends list and my general XBox preference. Just curious, have the PS3 version preordered..... for right now.

I usually go XBOX for multiplat releases, but the PS3 version seems like a no-brainer to me right now. For starters there's the extra content, but really for me the deal sealer is the Dual Shock. I'm one of those weird people that learned how to play fighting games using a D-pad. I suck using an arcade stick. It's not perfect, but the dual shock D-pad is certainly better than the 360's D-pad. Also, MK has always played pretty good with a D-pad too.

GillianSeed79 said:
I usually go XBOX for multiplat releases, but the PS3 version seems like a no-brainer to me right now. For starters there's the extra content, but really for me the deal sealer is the Dual Shock. I'm one of those weird people that learned how to play fighting games using a D-pad. I suck using an arcade stick. It's not perfect, but the dual shock D-pad is certainly better than the 360's D-pad. Also, MK has always played pretty good with a D-pad too.

I agree. I enjoy using the Dual shock more for fighters than the 360 pad. I usually get the multiplat shooters for 360 and get the action adventure and fighting multiplats on PS3 just because of the controller.

Xater

GillianSeed79 said:

I think this MK plays really good with the dualshock. I have not been missing an arcade stick during my time with the demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom