• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You gotta love Shoa Khan :). One of the most memorable villains for me. I just love how he taunts even at the most inapropriate times. He all about humilating the opponent which is AWESOME!

dankir

Is there no Cyber Sub Zero gameplay yet? I seen his fatalities and X ray already.

Links?

I also like the female's strategic clothes ripping over the match duration, so ridiculous

TTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I can't find a good deal on this game. The best I can see is $60 on Amazon with a $10 credit... That doesn't scream too good of a deal for me. Is there anything better?

grap3fruitman said:
I can't find a good deal on this game. The best I can see is $60 on Amazon with a $10 credit... That doesn't scream too good of a deal for me. Is there anything better?

Probably not...it's a major release.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I had a local store that would break street date :(

Kalnos

Banned
WinoMcCougarstein said:
I wish I had a local store that would break street date :(

Yeah, I just broke down and did Amazon release day delivery. On the bright side, they gave me $20 credit from Portal and $10 from MK9. $30 for whatever comes next isn't so bad!

Chairhome

grap3fruitman said:
Really? That's a pretty damn good deal for me, especially with no tax and 0.99 release date delivery. You can also get a $10 gift card from Best buy if you get it there, and Toys R Us and Kmart have $15 gift cards with purchase. Toys R Us and Kmart give you $50 and $60 gift cards respectively if you buy with Portal 2 (or just spend $120 in games at Kmart).

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I thought Shang Tsung can only morph into his opponent? On the Quebec Street Fighter stream, he is morphing into a lot of different people.

Khezu

Yaboosh said:
I thought Shang Tsung can only morph into his opponent? On the Quebec Street Fighter stream, he is morphing into a lot of different people.

NPC controlled boss shang can turn into a randomly selected number of dudes per match.

seriously fingers crossed that game post my KE tomorrow, on saturday I received the packing email notice so its ready to go, where I live most of their deliveries turn up in 24 hours. Watching live streams makes the wait so much harder.

Kalnos

Banned
Are there any plans for a weekly GAF KOTH night or something similar to what they do in the SC2 thread? It's more fun to play with regulars than a bunch of faceless online dudes.

gray_fox224 said:
Just checking in here, anyone's Amazon release date shipping go through yet?

Not mine, :(.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
gray_fox224 said:
Just checking in here, anyone's Amazon release date shipping go through yet?

Mine hasn't shipped but still says 4/19 expected delivery.

TreIII

GrayFoxPL said:
When playing mirror match can Shang Tsung morph into Shang Tsung?

:eek:

What I'll be interested to see is if I'm Tsung playing against "LIKEABOSS!" Tsung, can I "steal" his transformation into a random character, like how a Kirby could steal an ability from another Kirby in Smash? 8D

Would be a nice way to screw with the AI, in any case...

MMaRsu

Damn, this game looks too good really. But one question, is there enough content to warrant a single player buy? Since I'm on CFW with no means of going online.

Irish

MMaRsu said:
Damn, this game looks too good really. But one question, is there enough content to warrant a single player buy? Since I'm on CFW with no means of going online.

I would say so.

Khezu

MMaRsu said:

There's a 6-8 hour story mode with full on cutscenes, and lots of unlockables.

Alias03

MMaRsu said:

I would say more so than any fighting game before it. This game is packed with con... kontent!!!

Frankfurt

Banned
MMaRsu said:
6-8 hour story mode? WOW :eek:

f'n sweet!

And an 8-10 hour challenge tower with 300 challenges ranging from silly (Mileena wanting to give Scorpion a Teddy bear) to awesome (test your might, sight, luck, etc). There's also alternate outfits to unlock by playing arcade mode, which has different endings from story mode. And there's a Krypt where you buy stuff with in-game currency.

RS4-

Phew, you can skip cutscenes after you finish story mode. Not sure why you'd want to play it again though lol. No chapter select either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom