• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernoca

damn that's nice said:
"In the original games, Pressing Up + Start in The Pit-stages during specific matches, unlocked a secret. What does he does in this new one?...noone knows...yet."

A+ thread
Well, the explanation was because of what it did in the originals (and people wondering if if did anything on this one). You're more than welcome to say if it does anything, so that I can add it to the...spoilers thread for the moment. :p

Wark said:
Hmm, I just noticed the Sub-Zero bookend is missing the spear that is supposed to go through his chest.
Nelo Ice said:
uploader said it came without the spear out of the box
Yep.
The uploader said that has seen other videos with the spear on it. And another said that it was just broken.

So guess, people might need to keep an eye out for that.

EDIT:
US TV-spot #2

:p

MrMephistoX

strideramc said:
I think the klassic kostumes will be released as DLC later on. Similar to how the retailer exclusive characters in Transformers: War for Cybertron were handled.
I'm sure they'll be DLC eventually but I don't think anyone's unlocked the challenge tower yet so still looks interesting. I'm happy I'll be getting Reptile, Ermac, and Jade. Migh get Scorpion too if I pick up my gamestop pre-order and return it sealed later in the week ;)

Aske

Square Triangle said:
Yeah...we must have difference standards on figures then =P That video shows a lot of the paint I'm talking about.

I see exactly what you mean in the video. And worse than that, I'm worried that the spear head will be missing. If I was picking it up in store I'd take the gamble - I can deal with dropping $30 on a bit of junk in order to celebrate an awesome game - but since getting the KE would also mean waiting an extra week to play, I cancelled my order. I'll go and pre-order in store tomorrow at BB, Futureshop or Gamestop.

Anyone know if Toys R Us is doing the Kitana thing in Canada? No mention of it on their website, so I assume they're following Amazon.ca's example and passing on the retailer exclusive. Shame, I think on balance I'd have picked her retro costume/fatality over any of the ninjas except Ermac.

Sblargh

Banned
Gah! Now I'm in the hands of brazilian mail. I'll either have the game today or tomorrow!
Don't disappoint correios
yet again
!

XxCGSxX

Crap I was going to share this game with my GF, anyone knows if the pass is gamertag exclusive or anyone with gamertags on the console can play?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Maaaaan, I hope the AI is better than the demo's. I just noticed that, at least in the demo, the CPU's ONLY reaction to Sub-Zero doing an Ice Clone is to spam projectiles until the clone disappears. Lame.

(But then again, that DOES remind me of old-school Mortal Kombat AI, so maybe it's intentional. :lol)

Seraphis Cain said:
Maaaaan, I hope the AI is better than the demo's. I just noticed that, at least in the demo, the CPU's ONLY reaction to Sub-Zero doing an Ice Clone is to spam projectiles until the clone disappears. Lame.

(But then again, that DOES remind me of old-school Mortal Kombat AI, so maybe it's intentional. :lol)
I think demo is old build. And Ive read reactions where they've played on Extreme and its fucking hard. Also remember that as you go up the tower Difficulty ranges in % like they did before if I'm not mistaken.

XxCGSxX

So no one knows if the online pass is Gamertag locked or is it everyone who haves a gamertag on the console can get online?

XxCGSxX said:
So no one knows if the online pass is Gamertag locked or is it everyone who haves a gamertag on the console can get online?
I think user online pass. If they did it for all gamertags on one console then it would be attached to the console and not the user. and thats the reason they are going to sell it online on live or PSN

XxCGSxX

Well that really really sucks seriously I understand the used games problem but come on!!! one of us needs to buy a 10 dollar pass after buying a 60 dollar game, Really :/

fernoca

As noted previously, on the PSN (at least) [with EA Games] other users can get online as long as the main account with the online pass is in the console. Not all EA Games allow for it (Madden being one of them that doesn't), but most do.

But this depends on the publisher, and since in this game's case is WB, we won't know after release...or if one of the people that got it, might give it a try.

XxCGSxX said:
Well that really really sucks seriously I understand the used games problem but come on!!! one of us needs to buy a 10 dollar pass after buying a 60 dollar game, Really :/
Well thats the point, they dont want you to buy a used game, they rather make you buy the new copy. Now Gamestop may sell a used copy of MK9 for $55 which is the standard Ive seen. And to play online you will have to buy a $10 online pass code. so that sums up $65 without tax. Now buying the game for $45 and $10 online pass code is reasonable. This pushes Gamestop to tone down the prices on the used game Monopoly they have. The only reason theve made themselves Millionaires

Aske

SixStringPsycho said:
Well thats the point, they dont want you to buy a used game, they rather make you buy the new copy. Now Gamestop may sell a used copy of MK9 for $55 which is the standard Ive seen. And to play online you will have to buy a $10 online pass code. so that sums up $65 without tax. Now buying the game for $45 and $10 online pass code is reasonable. This pushes Gamestop to tone down the prices on the used game Monopoly they have. The only reason theve made themselves Millionaires

That much is obvious. What CGS is saying is that this online pass system not only lessens the value of used games, it also lessens the value of brand new games as original purchases to buyers with no intention of reselling; because the online modes can no longer be used by family members or housemates that usually share their games together. That's inexcusable, and I hope it doesn't apply to MK. Fingers crossed this system will work like the non-Madden EA Games fernoca described.

Hey guys..I was looking for a Mortal Kombat theme earlier and I found not 1 but 2
Mortal Kombat PS3 Dynamic Theme..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8b-LisfOqo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbnV_CA2HNQ
Here is the link to download both dynamic themes
Deadpool Theme
http://www.round1fight.com.br/2011/...ma-dinamico-do-mortal-kombat-2011-para-o-ps3/

The Pit Theme
http://www.round1fight.com.br/2011/...ma-dinamico-do-mortal-kombat-2011-para-o-ps3/

INSTALLING YOUR THEME:

All themes files (.p3t) need to be saved to a memory card/HDD/USB thumbstick, in the following directory structure:

/PS3/THEME/<theme file>

1. Create a folder titled: PS3
2. Inside the PS3 folder, make another folder titled: THEME
3. Put all the themes you have inside the THEME folder.
4. Plug your USB drive to your PS3 and on the XMB, select:

Then go to: Settings>Theme Settings>Theme>Install (hidden at the top)> and then select your theme you wish to install.

Good luck =D

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Neat themes, but the fact that they have music means I won't be using them.

Also not a fan of creators plastering their names on their creations. At least not in immediately visible places.

Seraphis Cain said:
Neat themes, but the fact that they have music means I won't be using them.

Also not a fan of creators plastering their names on their creations. At least not in immediately visible places.
I install both themes and I dont hear the music from the video at all..

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
B1gg_Randall said:
I install both themes and I dont hear the music from the video at all..

Ah, well that's good to hear then.

So people are making custom Dynamic Themes now, huh? Nice. Maybe this means someone can make a custom Demon's Souls theme to make up for the one SCEJ/Atlus never gave us. D:

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
I can't wait dammit! only 11 more hours to go!!!! blah cartmanfrozen.gif
Gonna tear shit up tomorrow with my buds on this local.

edit-By the way can someone ninjafy my avatar with scorpion skin for leon?

Lumine

Damnit, I wish I didn't try to save a few bucks and had pre-ordered it from a different store. I would've actually had the game now, but instead it's likely I'll have to wait more than a whole additional week. :(

Nelo Ice

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
Amazon isn't prepping my order ='(

=( my orders 2 day shipping too of course amazon has never almost never failed to deliver a video game order ive had the next day using 2 day shipping

So...now that it's closer to release. Any of the Amazon pre-order guys interested in trading their Reptile Klassic for a Scorpion Klassic? Reptile is my favorite, but I get a discount at Gamestop. Just PM me if you are interested. Oh and PS3 version here btw.

Tokubetsu

Nelo Ice said:
=( my orders 2 day shipping too of course amazon has never almost never failed to deliver a video game order ive had the next day using 2 day shipping

Release date delivery here. I've had amazon fuck up game orders though. I got MvC3 like three days later.

GrayFoxPL

lazybones18 said:
Which mode will you guys try first when you finally pop the game into your console?

Story Mode?
Challenge Tower?
Online?
Training?

TRAINING!

I want be able to handle and remember basic combos and specials for 2 characters before jumping in.

Then arcade mode for 1-2 hours as a warm-up and finally online.

Story mode can wait especially if it's 10 hours long. Shifting characters in it left and right also won't help getting good at it.

lifa-cobex

lazybones18 said:
Which mode will you guys try first when you finally pop the game into your console?

Story Mode?
Challenge Tower?
Online?
Training?

Probably do Scorpions story mode then jump onto online to rake up a few wins while his move set is in my head.

Unfortunately I'm awful at remembering more than one characters commend list.

"Probably do Scorpions story mode then jump onto online to rake up a few wins while his move set is in my head."

You don't pick who you want to play in Story Mode.

lifa-cobex

Teknopathetic said:
"Probably do Scorpions story mode then jump onto online to rake up a few wins while his move set is in my head."

ohh.

I'v been on a bit of a media blackout in terms of features for this game.
I just assumed it would be the same style as SF.

Prob jump on training and then online then

So I preordered it at Best Buy online, traded in a few games to EB Games and preordered there as well. Decided to cancel Beat Buy order but it's already processed and in shipping stages. Ugh! Guess I have to return one of them.

EB Games accept returns if it's sealed, right? :p

Irish

Teknopathetic said:

Well, you can play through each character's arcade mode, which has a bit of story and a personal ending.

derFeef

lifa-cobex said:
ohh.

I'v been on a bit of a media blackout in terms of features for this game.
I just assumed it would be the same style as SF.

Prob jump on training and then online then
You could also play the tournament mode, which is almost like SF's mode. You will get a story video for your character if you beat it.

lifa-cobex

Irish said:
Well, you can play through each character's arcade mode, which has a bit of story and a personal ending.

So it's kind of like SF or Tekken in that term (arcade) BUT there is a separate MAIN story part?

Irish said:
Wait... There are two story modes i.e. Arcade Mode and Story Mode as a separate entity of it's own, and both has endings? If so then HOLY SHIT, NRS ARE GODS OF GAMING!

Irish

lifa-cobex said:
So it's kind of like SF or Tekken in that term (arcade) BUT there is a separate MAIN story part?
shagg_187 said:
Wait... There are two story modes i.e. Arcade Mode and Story Mode as a separate entity of it's own, and both has endings?

Correct. The story mode itself has cutscenes and all, while the arcade modes feature a unique ending for each character.

Sblargh

Banned
lifa-cobex said:

Yes. The main story mode is like: Cutscene -> play someone who makes sense in the context -> cutscene

Irish

NIN90 said:
Jesus Christ, that OP (OPs?) is even more ridiculous than the MGS4 ne.

Heh, you must not remember the MGS4 one all that clearly. It was 40 posts long.

(I'm talking pure size here, not quality of content.)

In terms of the online pass remember that you can sign in with the second controller to access xbox live and DLC with the first controller's gamertag That it doesn't own (if the console doesn't have the license). I don't know if it will work with MK's online pass but it's worth a shot.

evil ways

Tokubetsu said:
Release date delivery here. I've had amazon fuck up game orders though. I got MvC3 like three days later.
I sure hope amazon doesn't fuck anything up on my end, cause this week is "good friday" and also doubt UPS delivers on weekends, so if anything goes wrong I'm stuck without MK till monday. :(

Replicant

Provided that my game is not intercepted by custom, I'd probably play the Arcade first. I was going to play the story mode first then I remember that I can't control who I play so if I suck at using a character, then I'm going to get creamed by the CPU. The only way I can play it well is if I know the basic moves of each combatants at least.

Awesome OT, btw, Fernoca!

Kurod said:
So it's been confirmed that completing the challenge tower unlocks spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler. Just a thought.
Or maybe people have unlocked it all and there is a thread dedicated to spoiler where they have discussed this to death. Just a thought.

Delriach

Banned
can anyone get online for the PS3 version? I'm watching a stream and people are playing on the PS3 online but I can't connect to the server at all.

;(

Aske

shagg_187 said:
Or maybe people have unlocked it all and there is a thread dedicated to spoiler where they have discussed this to death. Just a thought.

So is this finally confirmation that the classic alts/fatalities can be unlocked in the game? For real this time? Feel free to post how in spoiler tags. If true, this will save me driving across town in rush hour tonight. If not, I get to spend all day trying to choose between Sub-Zero, Reptile and Scorpion like some kind of chump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom