• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

Snapshot King said:
Green is better than blue or yellow and Reptiles the coolest ninja anyway.
Yes, his eyes so pretty!

isv.jpg

Chairhome said:
I just got mine while reading these past couple posts.

Since its a PSN code, I'm assuming I was wrong. DLC costumes, not unlockable :-(. Everyone laugh at me. I refund GreyfoxPL's koins and admit that Mr. E. Yis is smarter than I.

Thanks. :D Retro costumes are still not officially DLC and preorder-only, but it's looking very unlikely they are unlockable to everyone through the game.

They are NOT in the krypt. There are some secret stuff in the spoilers thread that people are hoping unlock the costumes, but no dice yet. We'll see soon enough, unless Boon strings us along for the ride and never tells us if they are actually a very very hidden secret or not over the next few months. LOL. Everyone would hate him.

Aske

Ilive1up said:
My order has been shipped!

Question: does the code for the reptile outfit come in the box or something?

From Amazon? You'll get an email. For Futureshop, it'll be in the box.

Ilive1up

I did get an e-mail but it only says this:

Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a promotional credit toward the rental of the "Mortal Kombat" movie. The credit will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after you place your order.

Congratulations. Your purchase of "Mortal Kombat" for Xbox 360 has qualified you for a $10 promotional credit toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads). The credit will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your product ships once processing is complete.

Our Pre-order Price Guarantee covers one or more item(s) in this order. If the Amazon.com price decreases between the time you place your order and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price.

Will I get another?

Mdeezy

Tokubetsu said:
Anyone's amazon order ship yet? Still shipping soon. Kinda concerned, release date delivery but they've botched game orders for me at least three times before.
Mine has shipped :)

We need the forum poster who's from the NR team (flarkminator) to post here and at least give us a hint if there are retro costumes unlockable in the game. To settle this once and for all.

Kurod

Banned
Just got my e-mail from Amazon with my "Retile skin". Redeemed it without any problems. Under the description it says his classic fatality is
tasty meal

I always get a chuckle when people say "Reptile is the coolest NINJA!"

Instances where Reptile has only appeared as a human ninja:

MK1
MK2
UMK3

Instances where Reptile has appeared as a green monster:

MK4
MKDA
MKD
MKA
MKSM
MK9 (except for pre-order only klassic skin)

Dude's not a ninja.

dealwithit.jpg

Criminal Upper said:

MK1
MK2
UMK3

MK4
MKDA
MKD
MKA
MKSM

Dude's not a ninja.

dealwithit.jpg

All I'm seeing is that he's a ninja in the games that MATTERED. Therefore: Reptile is the green ninja.

notworksafe

Criminal Upper said:

MK1
MK2
UMK3

MK4
MKDA
MKD
MKA
MKSM

Dude's not a ninja.

dealwithit.jpg
Instances where I gave a shit about MK:
MK1
MK2
UMK3
MKT
MKSM

Instances where I didn't:
MK4
MKDA
MKD
MKA

:p

EDIT: hikarutilmitt knows what I'm talking about!

My Amazon preorder for the Tourney edition still says it will come next week. :( But it doesn't show any options to change anything since it is being prepared for shipment? That's weird. I knew I shouldn't have done the Free supersaver shipping. Maybe I'll pick up a regular copy from Gamestop or something and later sell the game that comes with my stick.

Also some news from what I posted in the Spoiler thread -
Apparently the 'day 1 patch and update' for MK has disabled Scorpion's retro toasty fatality. I guess it was a mistake that it was in without a pre-order code from Game Stop. It makes sense since it was only possible to do the fatality at all unless you had Scorpion's alt costume on. This looks more and more like an on-disk DLC extra for preorders, and an on-disk paid DLC for everyone else.

Irish

Real fans knew that the Deadly Alliance and Deception games were better than the 2D ones, even if 95% of the new characters sucked. :p

SM is the best MK game period.

fernoca

notworksafe said:
Instances where I didn't:
MKSM
Shame on you for not caring about Shaolin Monks..well, many didn't cared. So fuck you all!! :p

EDIT:
Yeah, you better edit the shit out of that post!! >:O!

notworksafe

fernoca said:
Shame on you for not caring about Shaolin Monks..well, many did. So fuck you all!! :p
I EDITED! :(

This is what I get for making jokes without double-checking. I still have my MKSM Xbox game around here somewhere. Maybe I'll play it tonight if it's back compatible.

I pre-ordered tourney edition from Wal-Mart. Still processing, but it says it will get here tomorrow. I would like that, but I doubt it. The cost to ship something that large overnight has to be enormous. I guess it is possible if whatever shipping contract they have allows it, but I'm doubtful.

MrMephistoX

Mr. E. Yis said:
Thanks. :D Retro costumes are still not officially DLC and preorder-only, but it's looking very unlikely they are unlockable to everyone through the game.

They are NOT in the krypt. There are some secret stuff in the spoilers thread that people are hoping unlock the costumes, but no dice yet. We'll see soon enough, unless Boon strings us along for the ride and never tells us if they are actually a very very hidden secret or not over the next few months. LOL. Everyone would hate him.

It would be kind of interesting to see if they're unlocked through other means but I would imagine NRS would have been under pressure to make sure the pre-order bonuses are buried deep in the Challenge tower or certain win conditions so as not to de-centivize pre-orders.

Glad my pre-order shipped at any rate and I've got my Reptile code ready to go.

notworksafe said:
I EDITED! :(

This is what I get for making jokes without double-checking. I still have my MKSM Xbox game around here somewhere. Maybe I'll play it tonight if it's back compatible.
It's not!

RAAAAGEEEEE

notworksafe

Irish said:
Real fans knew that the Deadly Alliance and Deception games were better than the 2D ones, even if 95% of the new characters sucked. :p

SM is the best MK game period.
Deception was fun and had a very good story mode, but the character designs were pretty ass across the board. That's what got me annoyed at it.

The Lamonster said:
It's not!

RAAAAGEEEEE
:mad:

I'll have to keep an eye out for a PS2 copy next time I'm at the game shop.

Aske

Criminal Upper said:

MK1
MK2
UMK3

MK4
MKDA
MKD
MKA
MKSM

Dude's not a ninja.

dealwithit.jpg

He can't be a lizard ninja? You racist. And technically, Scorpion is the only ninja anyway. The rest are just dudes in ninja costumes. Reptile is as much a ninja as Sub-Zero by the MK definition!

I miss his human look too, but it would feel wrong to use it now after the last few games. Of his 3D incarnations, I liked his Shaolin Monks design the best: more humanoid than he generally appears post UMK3, but still very much a Saurian to keep Ed Boon happy.

MrMephistoX said:
It would be kind of interesting to see if they're unlocked through other means but I would imagine NRS would have been under pressure to make sure the pre-order bonuses are buried deep in the Challenge tower or certain win conditions so as not to de-centivize pre-orders.

Glad my pre-order shipped at any rate and I've got my Reptile code ready to go.
It will probably be paid "DLC" (already on the disc) a month or two after release. I'm sure NRS isn't exactly jumping at the chance to announce such a thing until after release, for two reasons: everyone hates DLC that is already on the disc, and if they announced it before the game's release it could affect pre-orders and the relationship WB has with these individual retailers.

notworksafe

Aske said:
He can't be a lizard ninja? You racist. And technically, Scorpion is the only ninja anyway. The rest are just dudes in ninja costumes. Reptile is as much a ninja as Sub-Zero by the MK definition!
Noob and Smoke are ninja assassins!

Actually aren't all the Lin Kuei ninja assassins?

DasRaven

My PS3 TE & MK movie blu-ray have also just shipped and with 1 day shipping is expected tomorrow. No release date delivery was formally offered on the TE, but here it is anyway.

Amazon FTW always!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom