• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
My Amazon order still hasn't shipped... should I be getting worried?

Kurod

Banned
WinoMcCougarstein said:

Amazon is kind of silly with notifications on release date stuff. You'll probably get one tomorrow and when you go to track it you'll find it's out for delivery.

fernoca

WinoMcCougarstein said:
Yes.

Less than 3 hours for the midnight party!!..Which I know it will be me in one corner watching everyone play and have fun... :/

UPS finally recognized my tracking number and now this message pops up:

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.

This pleases me

Pkaz01

WinoMcCougarstein said:
It still says shipping soon for me too but they already sent me a code and took my money so I'm guessing their notifications are just slow. They usually go from not shipped and then update it to the package has been to 3 different states.

Unicorn

Tesseract said:
what's the problem?
It was on that screen for over 5 minutes.

But, I'm sure it's because the game isn't officially out yet. He did eventually find someone and it looked like there wasn't any lag.

UGH 6 1/2 more hours!

Messi

Oh my....I am going to stop watching, but that kabal xray and fatality were the shit!

Do you guys think they will ever try make another MK game in the same vein as tekken/ soul calibur? Or is this new/old style the new way to do MK?

I hope they never go back to full 3d

Khezu

Unicorn said:
It was on that screen for over 5 minutes.

But, I'm sure it's because the game isn't officially out yet. He did eventually find someone and it looked like there wasn't any lag.

UGH 6 1/2 more hours!

That and the fact that since its so early a lot of people are probably just in the rooms/lobbys rather then matchmaking since its a lot faster.

NewLib

Banned
Messi said:
Oh my....I am going to stop watching, but that kabal xray and fatality were the shit!

Do you guys think they will ever try make another MK game in the same vein as tekken/ soul calibur? Or is this new/old style the new way to do MK?

I think it really depends how this game rates/sells. If this game sells better than Deadly Alliance/Deception and rates in the high 80s than I dont see how they dont stay with the 2D style.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Honestly I think they'll stick with 2D- alot of people like myself consider this game the true MK4 they've wandered off the mark that far

Teknoman

Messi said:

With so much hype surrounding this entry, i'm sure the next game will be in a similar style. Maybe even called Mortal Kombat II? Either way, PS3 version here I come!

Anyone know what the contents of the release day patch will be? Because looking at the retail version on one of our demo units, the music still seems really low compared to everything else.

EDIT: There are lobbies for play group matches and spectator modes right?

*Nevermind, saw the mode called King of the hill in the OP.* I just hope that you can kreate a lobby and play king of the hill too.

KaYotiX

Banned
DopeyFish said:
Honestly I think they'll stick with 2D- alot of people like myself consider this game the true MK4 they've wandered off the mark that far

agree, i havent played a MK game "ALOT" since MK Gold. The "3D" games were trash imo.

Messi

Guy whips the shit out of scorpion with mileena and goes and checks the move list for his fatality while the match is in progress, scorpion kicks his ass to a tiny bit of health. Mileena comes off the pause menu does one move to end it like a boss....

...Then misses the fatality.

FAIL

MK 1 and 2 are the only games ive really played a lot, quite a few UMK3/Trilogy matches on ps1 but none of the last gen games, dunno why.

Messi said:
Guy whips the shit out of scorpion with mileena and goes and checks the move list for his fatality while the match is in progress, scorpion kicks his ass to a tiny bit of health. Mileena comes off the pause menu does one move to end it like a boss....

...Then misses the fatality.

FAIL
hah yeah, he is a bit of a noob too. can't wait for those character move cards in my KE guide to arrive they will be extremely handy.

Messi

Vyse The Legend said:
What version is everyone getting?

Also, are there any 360 exclusives -- or is Kratos the only differentiator?

Nothing for 360.

Getting it for 360, because thats where my friends and live are. I wish 360 got something, kratos seems so awesome.

notworksafe

Teknoman said:
Anyone know what the contents of the release day patch will be? Because looking at the retail version on one of our demo units, the music still seems really low compared to everything else.
It's a terrible mix. I just manually adjusted ambiance down a few notches and music all the way up.

Ken

Ilive1up said:
Has anyone not received an e-mail with their reptile outfit code?

That's the bonus from Amazon right? I received the code today and going by the time on the emails I got the code 2 hours before the Shipped email.

robot

Game shipped (360), Reptile code here, and MK stick shipped (via fedex - PDP must want me to have it asap).

All that's left is to pick up the guide from Bestbuy with the $10 credit I got w/ Portal 2. Hype train woo woooooo.

IT HAS BEGUN!

fernoca

Vyse The Legend said:
What version is everyone getting?
GAF-spreadsheet currently has 39 entries:
360: 11
PS3: 28

That's just the ones that put their names on it, there are many more that are not there, yet.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
If people weren't able to get their hands on a preorder for the official fight stick...

Just in time! The Combat FightStick: Ultimate Edition top panels are back in stock! US: http://bit.ly/aZSZtB & UK: http://bit.ly/hhzm49

EDIT: For picture reference...

5412856598_6a4a8db996_b.jpg

5412244559_b6352c64a0_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom