• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankfurt

Banned
Mine is only being shipped Wednesday... Hope it arrives by Saturday.

I'm dying to watch the ultra-violent CG video and the story mode and all those Fatality spoilers. I'm amazed i have managed to avoid most fatalities and most info about story mode (i know a few things that happen due to unspoiled comments in forums and CSZ). I've clicked at least 5 YouTube spoiler vids then closed them before watching. Really hope all the cool videos they made for this game are in there.

Khezu

Mr. E. Yis said:
We need the forum poster who's from the NR team (flarkminator) to post here and at least give us a hint if there are retro costumes unlockable in the game. To settle this once and for all.

The contract with the retailers probably won't allow them to say either way or even hint at it until the game is out, or possibly even longer.

The only time they have ever even commented on it was on twitter once, someone asked if down the line the costumes would be available as DLCl, and the mk twitter account just responded with a smiley face.
Its either going to be paid DLC, be patched into the krypt at a later date, or it is in the game and you just have to do something ridiculous to unlock it, like mastering a character.

I think its going to be paid on disk DLC, no matter what boon says or wants, its ultimately WB's decision to handle.

evil ways

DasRaven said:
My PS3 TE & MK movie blu-ray have also just shipped and with 1 day shipping is expected tomorrow. No release date delivery was formally offered on the TE, but here it is anyway.

Amazon FTW always!
Same here. Just got my shipping notice, delivery tomorrow.

Is the Jade code not retailer exclusive, meaning it ships with every copy of MK on blu-ray?

MrMephistoX

The Lamonster said:
It will probably be paid "DLC" (already on the disc) a month or two after release. I'm sure NRS isn't exactly jumping at the chance to announce such a thing until after release, for two reasons: everyone hates DLC that is already on the disc, and if they announced it before the game's release it could affect pre-orders and the relationship WB has with these individual retailers.

Wouldn't surprise me but I still have a shred of hope that they're just incredibly difficult to get ie. only under certain win conditions or codes like the UMK3 hidden characters. If not I'll likely go through with my evil plot to pick up my Gamestop pre-order on a credit card, use the code and then return it.

MrMephistoX said:
Wouldn't surprise me but I still have a shred of hope that they're just incredibly difficult to get ie. only under certain win conditions or codes like the UMK3 hidden characters. If not I'll likely go through with my evil plot to pick up my Gamestop pre-order on a credit card, use the code and then return it.
I'm doing this too. This generation is so retarded.

ithorien

Fellow kombatants.

I don't have a stick, and I want one if I'm going to play this. Can anyone suggest me something for a medium budget, or point me in the right direction? Thanks.

gutter_trash said:
Mortal Kombat is not about death... it's about life
I have looked into the souls of every GAFer in this thread. Only one of you will decide the outcome of NeoGAF. The fate of billions will depend upon you. *laughs*

...Sorry.

Tokubetsu

Frankfurt said:
Do x fatalities, drop 1000 pints of blood, play 24 total hous with the character, etc. Looooong time to achieve.

Just looked at the achievement list...man fighting games have some of the hardest challenges.

DasRaven

ithorien said:
Fellow kombatants.

I don't have a stick, and I want one if I'm going to play this. Can anyone suggest me something for a medium budget, or point me in the right direction? Thanks.

$150
MadCatz Fightstick Tournament Edition. There's even an MK layout panel available.
Hori Real Arcade Pro V3SA

$100
Hori Real Arcade Fight Stick

under $100
MadCatz Standard Fightstick or WWE Brawl stick (same internals)

If you're buying on 360 and interested, I have a full Sanwa MadCatz Standard Fightstick for sale.

ithorien

DasRaven said:
$150
MadCatz Fightstick Tournament Edition. There's even an MK layout panel available.
Hori Real Arcade Pro V3

$100
Hori Real Arcade Fight Stick

>$100
MadCatz Standard Fightstick

If you're buying on 360 and interested, I have a full Sanwa MadCatz Standard Fightstick for sale.

Thanks, but unfortunately I'm on the triple. Thanks for the recommendations though.

ithorien

DasRaven said:
Same here, I'm on an HRAP3-SA (now full Seimitsu) with a custom MK layout panel.
But I'm getting the MK TE package with dedicated stick so my HRAP can stay MVC3/SSF4 ready.

It still blows my mind how deep Stick customization gets. I fear it'll create a massive gap in my wallet.

HRAP3 seems like the best way though, get a stick for 100, customize with parts to your liking.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
gray_fox224 said:
Just got my Retile skin. Lol. Just waiting for the game to ship. Release date delivery here.

Same here, my order says shipping soon. Still says delivery date of 4/19 though.

notworksafe said:
Deception was fun and had a very good story mode, but the character designs were pretty ass across the board. That's what got me annoyed at it.

:mad:

I'll have to keep an eye out for a PS2 copy next time I'm at the game shop.
To be fair, The stock mk3 cast didn't receive much love initially either.

Deception gets a lot of love from me. It's the one that got me back on the MK train after MK4 got me off.

I can't give DA a fair shake because I never seriously played it and only got it recently. Although I did get the GBA version of DA and enjoyed it.

parasight

I really hope I don't cave and end up paying the extra $20 to upgrade my order to Kollectors. There's not really any value outside of the bookends which I'm not too interested in.

MrMephistoX

Frankfurt said:
Do x fatalities, drop 1000 pints of blood, play 24 total hous with the character, etc. Looooong time to achieve.
Classic costumes would be an awesome reward for mastering a character if it really takes that much work.

DasRaven

parasight said:
I really hope I don't cave and end up paying the extra $20 to upgrade my order to Kollectors. There's not really any value outside of the bookends which I'm not too interested in.

If it helps, the bookends aren't that high quality from first reported deliveries. Paint overspray and broken bits have been reported.

MacAttack

Kan't believe Im going out at midnight to pick up this game. Im a grown-ass man and Im gonna spend the rest of the day scouring the internet looking for move lists and strategy guides.

Vestal

DAMN YOU GAF!!!

Thanks to this thread instead of waiting for a price drop i am Picking it up tonight along with an extra controller and both me and my friend are taking tommorow off from work to play this.

KAAAAAAHHHNNN!!!

Blueblur1

Just received my shipping confirmation e-mail from Amazon. The estimated arrival date is tomorrow thanks to release date delivery. Phew! I was starting to get worried.

Nelo Ice

Banned
DasRaven said:
If it helps, the bookends aren't that high quality from first reported deliveries. Paint overspray and broken bits have been reported.

bleh really hope my bookends are are ok and my sub zero comes with a spear sticking out of him

notworksafe

MacAttack said:
Kan't believe Im going out at midnight to pick up this game. Im a grown-ass man and Im gonna spend the rest of the day scouring the internet looking for move lists and strategy guides.
Tell me about it. Reading the off moves for fatalites to my friends last night was a weirdly nostalgic experience.

Ilive1up

I'll be using the regular 360 controller, which will suffice against the computer and playing with friends.

If I ever want to really go online vs randoms, I may purchase a fighting stick.

RedAssedApe

Banned
A friend of mine is a manager at Gamestop and he said that Scorpion from MK the Movie and MK Conquest will be signing at the Glendora, CA Gamestop for their launch.

Apparently he owns several Red Dragon Karate Dojos in the area. He was also on WMAC Masters along with Ho Sung Pak if any of you remember that show. :p

Found this highly amusing.

MG310

henhowc said:
A friend of mine is a manager at Gamestop and he said that Scorpion from MK the Movie and MK Conquest will be signing at the Glendora, CA Gamestop for their launch.

Apparently he owns several Red Dragon Karate Dojos in the area. He was also on WMAC Masters along with Ho Sung Pak if any of you remember that show. :p

Found this highly amusing.

Definitely remember that show..my favorite thing was that one of their arenas was the Earthquake ride at Universal Studios.

Jube3

MacAttack said:

Grown-ass man high five!

ptown

Honestly, I wasn't expecting MK9 to be any good, but I played a few VS matches in the demo and surprisingly had a lot of fun. I'm still not expecting too much depth from the MK series, but I'm sure I'm going to have a lot of cheesy fun that I haven't had in a long time from a fighting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom