• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernoca

MThanded said:
if true that is a useless infinite.

Video is a fail.
Yep.
And you can see that the Super Meter is always full.

Leshita said:
Wow, these look nice.
How do they compare with the Official Tournament Edition sticks?
I might just pass on the Tournament Sticks for these if they ship to Canada.
Keep in mind that it's only the panel (i.e. top cover). You still need the actual stick, buttons, etc. to mod it and put the panel on it.

I'd love if they sold it like that..and for cheap too. :p

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
If you have a female avatar... here's a code for the Scorpion avatar outfit...

PQDGG-6V2GF-V76DF-QKVQF-M4MFZ

And a female MK NetherRealm avatar T-Shirt

HJWRX-JXVDK-RHKMF-FT4CG-42V3Z

I used the male codes on my own guy and the other two codes it said only worked with female avatars and that I should share them with friends... so have fun. :)

Teknoman

notworksafe said:
It's a terrible mix. I just manually adjusted ambiance down a few notches and music all the way up.

Well if the release date patch doesnt fix that (would that even be possible?), then I guess i'll have to do that.

fernoca said:
Keep in mind that it's only the panel (i.e. top cover). You still need the actual stick, buttons, etc. to mod it and put the panel on it.

I'd love if they sold it like that..and for cheap too. :p

Ah, I see, so that's what 'top panel' means... didn't read that part before. :p
Yeah, I'll probably stick with the TE then if that's the case. It does look very nice though.

rikichi said:
fuck!

any orders for the TE shipped from walmart yet?

mine still says in process but itll arrive on the 19th?

doubt it...

Same exact situation for me here. Amazon does this sometimes, too, and it still works out. Who does Walmart ship with? UPS?

SerArthurDayne said:
Same exact situation for me here. Amazon does this sometimes, too, and it still works out. Who does Walmart ship with? UPS?

I ordered the regular version for PS3, and it's still listed as Shipping Soon with an estimated delivery of the 19th. I assume it already has shipped, and the information hasn't been updated for some reason. Probably because I received an email for my "Retile" code and they've already placed a hold for the money in my bank account.

Ronabo

I'm crazy. I'm thinking about going to Gamestop's midnight release for the PS3 version.

WOOOOOOO!!!

kevpg8.jpg

Posted yet?

http://www.oxm.co.uk/27632/mortal-kombat-review-xbox-360/

It might not be the most sophisticated beat 'em up on the block, and is unlikely to tempt pro-am players away from Japanese fighting games, but there's enough drama here to appeal to fans who just want to wail on their mates.

The fact that it's designed for home rather than arcade means it boasts surprising depth and is sumptuously, disgustingly presented. Characters are impressively realised - particularly when chunks of their flesh start falling off - and the backdrops are varied and animated.

Mortal Kombat does what every good reboot should. It's a blood-soaked love letter to the original series but hauls everything else up to date, making it a tasty treat for newcomers and a nine-course medieval banquet for fans.

8/10

DeSo

Banned
Damn Australia.

Probably try importing it over the next few weeks. Been waiting ages for MK to go back to a more classic style.

Pkaz01

The Outsider said:
I ordered the regular version for PS3, and it's still listed as Shipping Soon with an estimated delivery of the 19th. I assume it already has shipped, and the information hasn't been updated for some reason. Probably because I received an email for my "Retile" code and they've already placed a hold for the money in my bank account.
I am in the exact same situation as you.

for some reason they sent me the reptile 360 code even though i ordered for ps3 :/

i'm sure they'll fix it though.... so i might have an extra reptile 360 code!

Ronabo

Ilive1up said:
my game is currently in Philadelphia. Fuck that city.

Bring it to NY quick!

yeah mines coming from there to Ohio.

Usually stuff comes from Kentucky when I do same day delivery.

Time to head on over to Gamestop for the midnight launch

infinityBCRT said:
I sweet talked the local GameStop girl into opening half an hour early ;). 11 hours 15 minutes remaining!

Damn, you gonna have to wait even longer? :p

Kurod

Banned
infinityBCRT said:
I sweet talked the local GameStop girl into opening half an hour early ;). 11 hours 15 minutes remaining!

Oh you Kassanova.

I finally got my shipped notification from Amazon. I can't wait to be ripping out hearts and eating heads with my boys Kano and Reptile.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Ugh if I would get a notification saying my MK copy has shipped, I'd have it by tomorrow

Amazon.ca has been saying shipping soon for houuurrrsss

Messi said:
Oh my....I am going to stop watching, but that kabal xray and fatality were the shit!

Do you guys think they will ever try make another MK game in the same vein as tekken/ soul calibur? Or is this new/old style the new way to do MK?

I hope they never go back to full 3d
I'm greedy because I hope they have some stages in 2D and some in 3D. I know the thinking is that they suck at 3D, but I really think that now they're under WB and are given proper time they can produce at a high level on whatever they desire. And they seem to like to cram stuff into their game. MK9 is essentially a 3D fighter on a 2D plane anyways. I'd love to see a full blown 3D fighter with projectiles done properly. It's not impossible to have the projectiles aim to the left or right, certain attacks could autotrack, or have a wider arc of coverage.

Unicorn

FrenchMovieTheme said:
for some reason they sent me the reptile 360 code even though i ordered for ps3 :/

i'm sure they'll fix it though.... so i might have an extra reptile 360 code!
First dibs?

Walmart Tournament edition finally shipped via Fedex. Never got a confirmation, just went to check their site. Of course, it all seems to be for nothing, as Fedex says it won't be delivered until the 22, despite Walmart site still saying tomorrow. Strongly worded letter will be written if it isn't here by tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom