• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just came back from an MK launch event at my local cineplex with Snapshot King...

16iyxhx.jpg

...and came back with quite a haul!

methos75

Banned
just received and redeemed by Reptile DLC code and it was only 100KB which screams early unlock to me, so I am assuming the retro DLC is on disc

bathala

Banned
methos75 said:
just received and redeemed by Reptile DLC code and it was only 100KB which screams early unlock to me, so I am assuming the retro DLC is on disc
pls be kyrpt.

I want classic Subby

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Frogfucious said:
amazon still 'shipping soon'. am i skrewed for release date delivery?

Mine says the same. At least expected delivery is still set for tomorrow. Also, I like how you put a 'k' in screwed! Like kombat! That is what you were going for... right?

strideramc

Got my shipping notice for my 360 KE and PS3 TE earlier this afternoon. They threw in my copy of Portal 2 for good measure. I am going to have some serious late night gaming for this next few days. If only these games came out a week earlier when I was on vacation.

Sblargh

Banned
Let me use my psychic powers to predict what the reviews will say:
"This is a great game for begginers, but has depht for those willing to practice."

Went back and forth on this because I have not cared about MK in a while, but looking at the gameplay footage and this thread brought up some good ol' nostalgia. Just ordered 360 ver. on Amazon and am pumped.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Are the rumors of original 2D sprite characters like Sub-Zero and Kung Lao being hidden playable characters true?

Blueblur1

Criminal Upper said:
I just came back from an MK launch event at my local cineplex with Snapshot King...

http://i54.tinypic.com/16iyxhx.jpg[IMG]

...and came back with quite a haul![/QUOTE]
They were selling those at PAX East 2010 and they sold out of XL's before I could get one. I wonder if they'll sell them online someday. :/

fernoca

:D!!
6jg32.jpg

Going to leave it installing, take a shower and Story Mode!! :)

EDIT:
Hmm..Thought it installed first, no install..even though it says 4.0GB used.

Teknoman

isamu said:
Are the rumors of original 2D sprite characters like Sub-Zero and Kung Lao being hidden playable characters true?

More hidden character rumors? This just keeps getting better and better :D Just like the good old days lol.

I did see an entry on the Mortal Kombat wiki that there are some
secret character fights
among...other things though.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Snapshot King said:
We are going to give them away. Holdin a big ol MK party at Uppers place, gunna throw one at everybody who comes in the door.

I want to go to a Mortal Kombat party :( My friend and I had a Mortal Kombat day back in college until my ex wife showed up and ruined it. The grinch that stole Mortal Kombat day.

fernoca

Seems that the game installs while it's loading on the PS3.
The game went straight to to menu and the only time I see it accessing the HDD is during loadings.

parasight

Wow I didn't realize the Steel Book was exclusive to Future Shop only (all countries included it seems). I'm going there around 7 tomorrow to make sure I get one of the very few.

alstein

Got the game, but had to go to work right after.

Looks like everyone will be using Noob online if the casual play was any indication. One guy who knew what he was doing was dominating with Sub.

Macattk15

MacAttack said:
Kan't believe Im going out at midnight to pick up this game. Im a grown-ass man and Im gonna spend the rest of the day scouring the internet looking for move lists and strategy guides.

Wth!

This username is no good!

Aske

parasight said:
Wow I didn't realize the Steel Book was exclusive to Future Shop only (all countries included it seems). I'm going there around 7 tomorrow to make sure I get one of the very few.

It's not available in stores according to the website, and now it's sold out. I'm bummed too - if I'd known it existed when it was in stock I'd have been all over it too. Love those steelbooks!

You should still be able to get a copy of the game with the Reptile code though, regardless of whether or not you pre-ordered.

Congrats to the midnight launch guys!

parasight

Aske said:
It's not available in stores according to the website, and now it's sold out. I'm bummed too - if I'd known it existed when it was in stock I'd have been all over it too. Love those steelbooks!

You should still be able to get a copy of the game with the Reptile code though, regardless of whether or not you pre-ordered.

Congrats to the midnight launch guys!

Are you sure? It's on the flyer and the CSR told me it's a first come first serve thing and she wasn't sure how much they received.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom