• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently doing Fatality Trainer to familiarize myself with the fatalities

No way in hell I'm ever gonna pull off Ermac's fatality

EDIT: Track number update!

Kollector's Edition should arrive at my house by 3pm today! Last located in....Louisville, KY?!

shagg_187 said:
How come? What's the button combination?

Down, Up, Down, Down, Block (can't jump in the air at any point)

EDIT 2: I'm an idiot. I could jump, just not around

Clipper

lazybones18 said:
Down, Up, Down, Down, Block (can't jump in the air at any point)
You do know the block trick, right? Just hold Block during the direction sequence and release it just before you need to press it again.

Shakala

Not sure if this has been mentioned already;

I just downloaded my scorpion klassic outfit but I have no idea how to unlock the fatality! I tried doing D U U Triangle in his mk1 outfit but nothing's happening ><

EDIT: Just read about that block trick and it worked haha! Nevermind.

RS4-

Lol I just won a local MK tournament...walked away with the TE and KE for finishing first.

Shakala said:
Not sure if this has been mentioned already;

I just downloaded my scorpion klassic outfit but I have no idea how to unlock the fatality! I tried doing D U U Triangle in his mk1 outfit but nothing's happening ><

EDIT: Just read about that block trick and it worked haha! Nevermind.

You can also jump and do the motion in the air, with the final button when you land.

Aske

parasight said:
Are you sure? It's on the flyer and the CSR told me it's a first come first serve thing and she wasn't sure how much they received.

I'm just going by the website which gave me the impression it was sold out and was only available online. But they had all those recent problems with the game being priced incorrectly and so on. If you missed it, it was a big clusterfuck. Point being, it sounds like your info is more current and more reliable. Hope you score one!

Dead

well not really...yet
Do we know yet if the artwork in the Kollector's Edition art book and in the Kollector's Edition Strategy Guide overlap?

So I came in before Midnight which is technically still time for me to 'preorder' before 'midnight'

They denied me and said no. Yet all the stuff is printed on a receipt and sent from corporate (The codes)

Damn you GameStop!

Can someone confirm for me that their Amazon code for Reptile's costume works? Mine does not. I want to know if they are not processing yet or I have a faulty code.

Unicorn

Criminal Upper said:
I just came back from an MK launch event at my local cineplex with Snapshot King...

16iyxhx.jpg

...and came back with quite a haul!
DO WANT!

Dead

well not really...yet
For those who were worrying, I can confirm that the Sub Zero in my KC does indeed have a spear coming out of its chest. So it is definitely supposed to be there.

The Art Book also has to be one of the nicest Ive seen included in a collector's edition. Its larger than most in size, has 100+ pages and looks great.

A nice improvement over those joke ~32 page artbooks a lot of games include.

Big Chungus

So is the Tournament Edition worth it?

I don't play fighters much, would you guys recommend the MK TE fighting stick if I plan on playing MK for awhile or just stick with the dual shock?

DatBreh

Banned
silenthill1979 said:
I don't know if it was mentioned but the manual has only 4 pages.
Grats WB, new record in minimalistic manuals.

Assassins Creed Brotherhood manual doesnt even have pages. Its just a sheet of paper folded in half.

methos75

Banned
ProtoCents said:
Can someone confirm for me that their Amazon code for Reptile's costume works? Mine does not. I want to know if they are not processing yet or I have a faulty code.

mine worked, and I didn't even buy the game there lol

RS4-

fna84 said:
So is the Tournament Edition worth it?

I don't play fighters much, would you guys recommend a fighting stick if I plan on playing MK for awhile?
Depends on how comfortable you are with the pad/analog for whatever system you plan on picking it up for. Just try it out on pad or use whatever stick you do happen to have; you don't necessarily need the old MK layout if you can find a config you like.

Tonight I was lucky enough to play all my matches on the MK TE and that was the first time I've used a US stick in a good 3-4 years.

MacAttack

Macattk15 said:
Wth!

This username is no good!

Sorry, bro! We'll just refer to you as 15 from now on. :p

dealwithitcat.gif (<---look a meme! am I doing it right?)

On Topic:

Got the game, Story mode is the shit. Krypt/Necropolis is kind of lame, load times/bad UI kill it.

Filth

online is pretty good. i think slowdown has to do with it installing in the background as you play. i think i see a lil more lag with king of the hill mode and all my ranked and 1vs1 with no one spectating have been as smooth as a woman with bukakke all over her face.

has any1 noticed ranked stats arent saving? i went 7-0 and restarted to redeem scorpion code and it reset when i loaded the game :(

FrenchMovieTheme said:
wtf? why?

i better still be able to play it from my arcade list!

if you bought it you can d/l it as much as you want, they just can't sell it anymore because Midway went under and there is nobody to pay royalties to.

I gotta say that Sektor's initial fatality is hilarious

Only ended up trying out both training and fatality trainer for the night, but the use of online rooms is more interesting with the fact that more than 50 people can be in a single room (I would imagine that a maximum of 100 can be in a room)

TreIII

Ninja Scooter said:
if you bought it you can d/l it as much as you want, they just can't sell it anymore because Midway went under and there is nobody to pay royalties to.

My guess is that it'll likely be back up sooner or later, assuming that HD Kollection doesn't materialize first.

NIGHT-

Ninja Scooter said:

Odd. Did the PSN version of MK2 get taken down? Or was that ported by someone else?

fernoca

silenthill1979 said:
I don't know if it was mentioned but the manual has only 4 pages.
Grats WB, new record in minimalistic manuals.
Record still belongs to Mass Effect 2 on PS3: 1 page (coverart in front and info in the back).

Irony is that MK also includes a full color booklet to show the editions of the game, movies, posters, music, etc. :p

Taking a break from Story Mode..so awesome. :)

NIGHT- said:
Odd. Did the PSN version of MK2 get taken down? Or was that ported by someone else?
MKII was published by SOE (Sony Online Entertainment).

fernoca said:
Record still belongs to Mass Effect 2 on PS3: 1 page (coverart in front and info in the back).

Irony is that MK also includes a full color booklet to show the editions of the game, movies, posters, music, etc. :p

Taking a break from Story Mode..so awesome. :)

MKII was published by SOE (Sony Online Entertainment).

wrong. the record belongs to Saints Row double pack which has a half page sheet/flyer that says "Download the game manual at thq.com"

lolol

W Hudson

Just got back from playing at a friend's house, and I was thoroughly impressed. He got a TE, and the stick is fucking outstanding. Very responsive, great feel. We were on the 360 which IMO has a terrible d-pad, going between that and the stick was like night and day. I hadn't used a stick in probably 15 years but I picked it up pretty quick and can't wait for mine to get here tomorrow.

I do have one question, my friend pre-ordered from Gamestop, but he hasn't got his Scorpion code. Do they email it like Amazon or is it something different? He didn't really ask anyone and I didn't think to inquire on his behalf.

Dead

well not really...yet
W Hudson said:
Just got back from playing at a friend's house, and I was thoroughly impressed. He got a TE, and the stick is fucking outstanding. Very responsive, great feel. We were on the 360 which IMO has a terrible d-pad, going between that and the stick was like night and day. I hadn't used a stick in probably 15 years but I picked it up pretty quick and can't wait for mine to get here tomorrow.

I do have one question, my friend pre-ordered from Gamestop, but he hasn't got his Scorpion code. Do they email it like Amazon or is it something different? He didn't really ask anyone and I didn't think to inquire on his behalf.
The scorpion code should be printed on the bottom of his receipt

Finished off a ladder mode run with mostly Liu Kang and a little bit of Baraka. Used Medium difficuly and had a plenty of losses, but damn was it fun.

Dead

well not really...yet
So is there no install on PS3 or what?

The back of the case says 4GB required but there has been no Instal prompt at all, and Im not seeing an option for it in the ....options

Anyanka

Is PSN messed up or is it just me? Been logged out a couple of times and neither ranked or player matches will find an opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom