• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dark_chris said:
T'was a good day. Met Ed Boon and Carlos Pesina. some of the dev team was there too.

207228_17.jpg

Good times
Scorpions about to do a Fatality to you both.

Arde5643

G-Fex said:
Sindel's x-ray seems worse than Johnny Cage's.
You know that Cage's x-rays can counter almost everything at close range right?

From throws, high/med hits, even close range projectiles. The only thing it cannot counter is low attacks.

That thing's pretty godly for a counter move and can even combo into something else afterwards.

fernoca

Dead said:
So is there no install on PS3 or what?

The back of the case says 4GB required but there has been no Instal prompt at all, and Im not seeing an option for it in the ....options
The game installs as you play.
My data started at under 100kb (Retro Scorpion and Kombat Pass) and it's currently at 1.2GB.

Morris

Disco Devil
Just one more thing before I get the game tomorrow...

Does the online pass cover the whole system or is it just an online pass per account?

I have 4 accounts in my PS3 (two mine, bro and nephew's), so it would suck if you're only allowed to go online on one account...

Holy fuck. MK9 is back, motherfuckers. Other than the oddly mapped specials this game is amazing. AMAZING. I am honestly looking forward to even seeing some of those post MK3 lames to see what NRS does with their movelists. Kudos guys. I welcome you taking more and more of my money. Job well done.

Pkaz01

IGN review is kind of weird I can't say shit cuz I get the game tomorrow but the re playability score eems really low for all the content packed into it, and the presentation score is low also for what seems like nitpicky complaints.

fernoca

I'm not that much into reviews, but that IGN review is a trainwreck. He spends the entire review praising the game and the only negatives been:

1. That what he didn't liked "sounds like typical MK"...
Whenever I voiced my frustrations to other IGN editors, the response was always the same: "Sounds like typical Mortal Kombat." Sticking to tradition isn't a good excuse, and I was so frustrated with certain sections of the story mode I almost quit playing through it. Sure, I beat it by falling back on special move spamming and plenty of sweeps, but why play a fun game in a boring way?
..but fails to mention what it actually was.

2. The unskippable cutscenes in the Story Mode..
Furthermore, there's some odd presentation issues that I wouldn't have expected from Mortal Kombat. Chief among them is your inability to pause or skip cutscenes in the story mode. There isn't even a chapter select of any kind. It's a terrible setup.
Which was also reason to give the game a 6.0 in Presentation.

And 7.5 in visuals because "art it's stuck in the 90s"..based on what other IGN-editor said.

Never said what was actually bad about the game, never touched the online, the other modes (test your) the training, etc. Is like he made a review of the Story Mode and that was it.

Khezu

VisionaryQuest0 said:
IGN's review...

a 6.0 for presentation....

a 7.5 for graphics....

Really IGN?

Ya... I mean even if they don't like the character designs, everything else more then makes up for it, the game is great looking.

Carnby

The Tournament Edition stick is... beautiful. So much nice detail went into it. From the quality buttons, sleek shine, and gold dragon logo lock. It was worth every penny.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
SixStringPsycho said:
Aside from Kratos youre not missing out much

SixStringPsycho said:
For now no Exclusive. Who knows what surprises may come.

Ok, thank you.

Sorry i'm a bit late to the hype party but is a fightstick recommended to play this game good? do you need a stick like in Street Fighter?

Also, how is the netcode?

XxCGSxX

Any tips for a newbie at fighting games and the first Mortal Kombat game I have bought (yes I have played them but not owned them). The only other fighting games I have bought is MvC3 which I a good at and Super Smash series (that later one is kinda different). How do you guys memorize combos for example, I'm really bad at it. Just give me some noob tips and guides. Thanks in advanced.

Nyx

XxCGSxX said:
How do you guys memorize combos for example, I'm really bad at it. Just give me some noob tips and guides. Thanks in advanced.

Well there's only one thing that people can tell you :

Practice, practice, and practice some more.

K.Sabot

Just won my local tournament and netted my copy.

Then went on to absolutely smash some dudes in LoL.

Tonight is a winning night.

SlickVic

This sort of flew under my radar so I'm out of the loop, but reading those reviews, hearing they have a Tag mode, and they finally brought back Shang Tsung's morph ability really makes me want to play this. Game just sounds like so much win.

Teknoman

Did the day one patch hit yet? Did it fix the music level issue, or am I just going to have to turn everything else down to balance it out?

SlickVic said:
This sort of flew under my radar so I'm out of the loop, but reading those reviews, hearing they have a Tag mode, and they finally brought back Shang Tsung's morph ability really makes me want to play this. Game just sounds like so much win.

weeelllll...

argh, 7 wins in a row online (my first 7 matches) and a masher upsets me!

only played as mileena so far. She's punish city as always. high attack = roll, projectile = trade with sais, jump = air sais, you do anything = teleport kick

At first I was a bit surprised at IGNs score but then I saw who wrote the review. Clements is not only the opposite target market for this game, his opinion on games that actually suit his taste isn't that good to begin with. Not sure why IGN felt he was right for the review.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom