• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sinatar said:
Interesting, I just bought the normal edition and it came with a classic reptile code which is the only classic costume I give a damn about.

Didn't think those came with anything other then pre-orders.

When did you buy yours?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Its official... THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!!

I really suck but i can see once you understand the characters ,the fights are going to look so damn awesome! Can't wait to get back home to get some more playing in!

Ugh I wish UPS would hurry the hell up with my games. I played the crap out of this last night online at my friends house and we didnt lose 1 game last night. Retro Ermac is so awesome.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
DryEyeRelief said:
When did you buy yours?

Like 20 minutes ago. This is in Canada so it's possible that all of them come with it up here as there doesn't appear to be any preorder bonuses at Canadian retailers. Also of note is that the code was in the game box, not handed to me by the cashier or on the receipt.

jondy1703

Neo Member
Anyone been able to get an extra klassic kostume off of anywhere?
Back in the day I got an extra God of War exclusive pack for Little Big Planet. I know it seems like most places have it on the receipt or in the box but someone just mentioned that a GS had scorp codes separate from the receipt.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
Sinatar said:
Like 20 minutes ago. This is in Canada so it's possible that all of them come with it up here as there doesn't appear to be any preorder bonuses at Canadian retailers. Also of note is that the code was in the game box, not handed to me by the cashier or on the receipt.

Apparently Classic Reptile is a Futureshop deal, as I just found out after buying my copy at a non-Futureshop store. Ah well.

Loving MK so far. It doesn't have the personality that Capcom fighters carry but pulling off brutal combos and a fatality is once again fun as hell.

Sinatar said:

I didn't get the full context of your story but just so you know.. pre-ordered MK KE from GameStop in Canada and the Scorpion pre-order code came on a leaflet that they gave me separately when I picked it up.

I'm just hoping these come out on DLC eventually. I want to give you my money NRS!

Does anyone else having problems in the tutorial mode?
I'm stuck where I have to push the x a y combo with Cage.
It doesn't work, no matter how fast or slow I enter it.
It even says that I made a 3 hit combo, but there is no progress.
I even tried with different controllers. WTF

GrayFoxPL

I realized that all mk 9 characters have projectiles. Am I right? All selectable?

This must be some kind of record in traditional fighting game genre.

ShinAmano

So...just picked up MK...first time since MKII that I have actually purchased one. I am a Street Fighter guy...but just cant resist something that they put so much love into. Capcom you see how they added a billion stages and unlocks? Get your shit in order!

This is the first MK I'm planning on buying since 2.

I wasn't really heavy into fighters back then like I am now, so I don't know this:

Is MK meant to be played with a stick like VF or SF? Or is it built around controllers?

GrayFoxPL said:
I realized that all mk 9 characters have projectiles. Am I right? All selectable?

Every character in every MK has a projectile. It's one of the ways they've been keeping things a bit more fair since the series' inception. No one character can play keep away to others without the same ability.

depths20XX

GrayFoxPL said:

Almost the whole cast has some type of teleport and dash attack also.

uhh weird, the game saves by default to the HDD. This is gonna make switching between my two consoles a little bit of a hassle. Have to see if theres a way to keep the profile on the memory stick.

GrayFoxPL said:

Most of the cast is the same height and body type.

GrayFoxPL said:

most have full screen teleports too.

lol beaten.

Smokey

Need to get off work!!

Been looking forward to this for months. Just got a new 3DTV as well and this will be one of the first titles I play on it. The 3D in the demo was cool, not too over the top but just enough to give it some depth.

Saxman_72

So....am I blind, or is there actually no install option? (PS3). This kind of irritates me as I'd prefer to get as quick loading times as possible.

Sblargh

Banned
Saxman_72 said:
So....am I blind, or is there actually no install option? (PS3). This kind of irritates me as I'd prefer to get as quick loading times as possible.

Someone said the games installs as you play.

Anyone have a spare sub-zero retro code they are willing to part with? i'd even paypal a few beans your way as i'm only going to have retro ermac :(

Saxman_72 said:
From watching streams both the 360 and ps3 load up fights in quite good times, on level with street fighter times imo if not a little quicker.

Ribbon

Been playing all morning, my only gripe are the 2 vs 1 fights in the story. Most of them aren't fun at all, and rely on cheap tactics to win.

fernoca

Lost Fragment said:
So is the netcode still ass? Still hearing pretty bad things about it.
22 matches (straight) with a friend, 8 with a randoms from the US and no problems, lags or disconnects.

I did noted that while wired (on PS3) I couldn't get online at all, but wireless it's been great so far. Similar thing happened to me on Resistance 2.

So don't know if there's an overall problem with wired connections.

But others are still reporting some problems, so guess it varies.

Anyanka

Lost Fragment said:

Yes. Just played someone supposedly with 4 green bars. It was I guess somewhat playable, to be extremely generous. Quite frankley I'm super skeptical of anyone claiming there's no lag. We've seen this movie before when it comes to fighting games with poor netcode.

I have hopes of a fix because it's hard to accept this reality. After the bragging to have it be WORSE than DC is unimaginable.

Lost Fragment said:
Had a match yesterday with 2 ppl. It went good just a little bit of lag. But not so much as I get on MvsC3. And I dont have the best Connection in the world. So thats a plus for me.

SOLDIER

Have there been any reported differences between the console versions, aside from Kratos? I'm waiting for impressions to see if one version performs better than the other, visually or online.

Ribbon said:
Been playing all morning, my only gripe are the 2 vs 1 fights in the story. Most of them aren't fun at all, and rely on cheap tactics to win.
lol it cheap but makes for good practice and polish up your defense. Ive been playing on hard on Story mode.

giancarlo123x said:
Ugh I wish UPS would hurry the hell up with my games. I played the crap out of this last night online at my friends house and we didnt lose 1 game last night. Retro Ermac is so awesome.

I share the same feeling. I have an exam to study for and I want to make sure they at least get to my house first

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
infinityBCRT said:
uhh weird, the game saves by default to the HDD. This is gonna make switching between my two consoles a little bit of a hassle. Have to see if theres a way to keep the profile on the memory stick.

You have to copy it from the HDD to the memory stick, then every time you load up the game go to Options and switch the storage device to the stick and it'll load your save. It will always default to a new save on the HDD, so you have to always remember to switch the storage device every time you boot the game up.

Really dumb, but a simple enough workaround.

Messi

DAT CAGE

That is all.

Ps, this game is awesome, A full on story mode? With cutscenes and no loading screens between video and fights.

*bow to boon and co*

Thank you to the two guys that commented on the 360 controllers, I'll have to look into them. Probably will fork over for the official one since it looks sexy and I'm not a SF guy ;)

Keep the impressions coming guys! For us poor saps that are stuck at work! I'm about to pick mine up while out at lunch but will have to late until tonight to play :|

For those of you that have played a bunch of characters, which one's do you find the best so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom