• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Can someone confirm character specific combos? Seems like in the youtube comments people were talking about a lot of combos that only work on sheeva

Xevren

MThanded said:
Can someone confirm character specific combos? Seems like in the youtube comments people were talking about a lot of combos that only work on sheeva

I wouldn't be surprised given how tall she is, but I haven't tried anything yet.

Can block only be assigned to one button? What the hell is this?

I want my layout to be:

FP BP B
FK BK B

but on the controller config I can only get it to be:

FP BP B
FK BK _

grkazan12

I'm sorry if I'm sounding like a fanboy, anyways are the 360 and PS3 basically the same in terms of graphics? Doesn't matter that much, but I was just curious.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
jaekwon15 said:
Of the four choices offered, what is the proper button lay out if you are using the Tournament Edition stick?
FP-BP-BLK
FK-BK-Tag

That's what I'm using but it feels awkward. The presence of a block button is throwing me off hard.

GrayFoxPL

grkazan12 said:
I'm sorry if I'm sounding like a fanboy, anyways are the 360 and PS3 basically the same in terms of graphics? Doesn't matter that much, but I was just curious.

Both versions offer graphics straight from 1992. You can't go wrong!

grkazan12 said:

Should be pretty much the same. Really, the only factors for your decisions should be which network you prefer (PSN or LIVE), which controller you prefer, and if you care about the PS3 extras (Kratos, 3D effect). I imagine at some point the 360 will get 'something' to counter the Kratos but nothing confirmed at this point.

grkazan12 said:

Nothing really. I find the PS3 brighter. Thats about it.

Carnby

Chamber said:
FP-BP-BLK
FK-BK-Tag

That's what I'm using but it feels awkward. The presence of a block button is throwing me off hard.

I can't map buttons individually. What is the number of the button layout. ....why do you have tag were low kick would normally be?

moai

a question: does the online pass of this game gets activated for all accounts of the console or just the one on which it's downloaded?
i'm on xbox.

fernoca

ThatCrazyGuy said:
Post it in the online thread too; just in case. To see is there's some development. There's not much discussion of the problems just that "it sucks". So maybe some others will follow with more detailed impressions.

My impression so far has been positive, but I'll wait my judgement till later since the game hasn't even been out for 24 hours. So far 38 matches, no disconnects, no lag except once, when I jumped online to check for Kombat Kodes. :p

Grifter

Is this game from the same team that did the other recent MK games? I thought the game was on a new engine and all but what's with old glitches still popping up?

For all the klassic kostume askers:

I bet my house that ALL kostumes will be unlockable in the krypt.
Dont fall for the exklusive preorder content goat shit.

Calm down and master the game.

Ill be joining ya in 2 days

"Watayaaaaa" *kick*

GrayFoxPL

Sato Koiji said:
For all the klassic kostume askers:

I bet my house that ALL kostumes will be unlockable in the krypt.
Dont fall for the exklusive preorder content goat shit.

Calm down and master the game.

Ill be joining ya in 2 days

"Watayaaaaa" *kick*

I'll have your house. Hope you have a jacuzzi.

Played for a few minutes. I'm so fucking terrible at this game. I don't want to, nor will I ever, be elite. But I have a hell of a road to even be good.

On the netcode. Just in my say brief experience so far, the input lag is bad. It is hard to block lows and punish things on reaction. I am on Live.

My own personal sample size is of course small so far. Will see how it plays out in the next couple weeks.

SerArthurDayne said:
Played for a few minutes. I'm so fucking terrible at this game. I don't want to, nor will I ever be, elite. By I have a hell of a road to even be good.
Ugh I know I am going to be the same. Total noob at fighters, this game is going to eat me alive.

Currently facing Shao Khan in Arcade w/Noob

....at least I managed to get him less than 1/2 his health in one round :/

EDIT: Finally won a round against that clown. Taunt less you fucking bastard!

lazybones18 said:
Currently facing Shao Khan in Arcade w/Noob

....at least I managed to get him less than 1/2 his health in one round :/

EDIT: Finally won a round against that clown. Taunt less you fucking bastard!

I just stood right next to him, and blocked and punished, haha.

I also made him block close jump kicks, then his counter would whiff, then punish.

OK guys I totally suck. I'm playing the tutorial and I can't get Johnny Cage to do the Power combo (says to do X, then A, then Y). I literally have no idea why it's not working. I'm not pushing in any direction. Any suggestions?

Neuromancer said:
OK guys I totally suck. I'm playing the tutorial and I can't get Johnny Cage to do the Power combo (says to do X, then A, then Y). I literally have no idea why it's not working. I'm not pushing in any direction. Any suggestions?
Slow down your button inputs; quit freaking out.

At least that's usually the case with MK noobs :)

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Shit netcode is gonna be a dealbreaker for me unless impressions improve over the next few days. If not, I'll probably pick up Portal 2 and wait until MK goes down to $30 or $40.

The Lamonster said:
Slow down your button inputs; quit freaking out.

At least that's usually the case with MK noobs :)
Ah I just got it, actually I was going too slow! Turns out sliding my finger across the buttons worked.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
ThatCrazyGuy said:
yikes that may delay my purchase. I don't have a lot of time to play with other people IRL so I usually get a lot of fun from these games by playing online whenever I get some free time.

ThatCrazyGuy said:
On the netcode. Just in my say brief experience so far, the input lag is bad. It is hard to block lows and punish things on reaction. I am on Live.

My own personal sample size is of course small so far. Will see how it plays out in the next couple weeks.
:-/

Impressions from about 8 hours of play:

+one of the best fighting games I have ever played
+you should buy surround sound just for this game
+3D is amazing
+there seems to be a lot of characters I will end up using

+/- story mode is a little long for my taste. I have played story mode since I got it and have only lost a few matches and am still playing story mode. But the story is great.

-both matches I tried online were laggy
-fingers are starting to hurt..should have gotten the tournament edition

depths20XX

Lost Fragment said:
Shit netcode is gonna be a dealbreaker for me unless impressions improve over the next few days. If not, I'll probably pick up Portal 2 and wait until MK goes down to $30 or $40.

Most opinions I've read are sayin the netcode is quite shit. On an MK stream yesterday the guy played a lot of online and claimed there was a lot of delay in almost every match. I think it's pretty bad on both systems too. It's a shame we still deal with fighting games that have shit netcode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom