• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuri

Banned
he removes his ninja mask when he spits. Same thing for his puke fatality. Question -- I really have to unlock the fatalities first in the krypt to be able to use them?

notworksafe

Sato Koiji said:
For all the klassic kostume askers:

I bet my house that ALL kostumes will be unlockable in the krypt.
Dont fall for the exklusive preorder content goat shit.

Calm down and master the game.

Ill be joining ya in 2 days

"Watayaaaaa" *kick*
You do know that the whole Krypt was unlocked three days ago and no sign of the costumes, right?

shuri said:
he removes his ninja mask when he spits. Same thing for his puke fatality. Question -- I really have to unlock the fatalities first in the krypt to be able to use them?
No you do not.

methos75

Banned
Man the best part of this game, at least on the PS3 is all the noobs who bought it because of Kratos and spam him online. They all suck big time and I just rape them when they choose Kratos, he just isn't a very good character to use against most other MK characters yet bless their hearts they keep trying.

Also if anyone has the Kitana DLC, I will gameshare every other piece of DLC for her, she is the only one I do not have

MrMephistoX

fernoca said:
Post it in the online thread too; just in case. To see is there's some development. There's not much discussion of the problems just that "it sucks". So maybe some others will follow with more detailed impressions.

My impression so far has been positive, but I'll wait my judgement till later since the game hasn't even been out for 24 hours. So far 38 matches, no disconnects, no lag except once, when I jumped online to check for Kombat Kodes. :p

I pretty much don't trust first week online testing for any game. It usually sucks day one due to an influx of volume and nearly always smooths out. Plus milage always varies for me. People swear up and down that the 3DS version of Super Street Fighter IV has better netcode than the PS3 and I get horrible lag on the portable yet smooth as silk on PS3.

Grifter said:
This applies to the hitbox/detection complaint too.

The 3D MK's had bad detection. The old 2D MK's did not (or not as bad as the 3D games)

NRS said they were bringing back the MK1-3 old school, on a 2D plane with solid hitboxes/detection.

Come on Boon!

Teknoman

MrMephistoX said:
I pretty much don't trust first week online testing for any game. It usually sucks day one due to an influx of volume and nearly always smooths out. Plus milage always varies for me. People swear up and down that the 3DS version of Super Street Fighter IV has better netcode than the PS3 and I get horrible lag on the portable yet smooth as silk on PS3.

Guess you've got a point. People complain about SFIV,SSFIV, and MvC3 at times, but I have more lag free matches than anything.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
So far I've gone 34 - 2 online. The skill level is laughably bad right now amongst the general population.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Cerrius said:
So far I've gone 34 - 2 online. The skill level is laughably bad right now amongst the general population.

This is usually the case for any fighting game when it first comes out. Probably the only reason I was able to get my win/ratio so high in SF4. Picking on the noobs during the first month or so of release. :)

Mine came in today but I won't be able to really play it until tomorrow afternoon. Ah! The wait is killing me!

I really hope NRS decides to take the next MK back to previous tournaments. Since it happens every 100 years they could have an interesting assortment of world characters from those time periods.

MBison

If anyone wants to trade my Ermac classic code for your Reptile classic code (360 version), pm me. If this is even possible.

evil ways

Just got my KE for PS3. Bookshelf spear intact.

As far as the game, barely any load times and the presentation of the whole package is top notch, I love it, but in typical MK fashion, just as you reach the 3rd or 4th opponent, it gets hard and tricky as hell. Sindel whipped my ass and even did her fatality.

Only played 3 matches online, 2/3 were complete ass, I barely got through spamming the jump kick and throws. NRS needs to get working on a fix if there is such thing as one.

Bleepey

Someone tweet Boon or Herer Sanchez about GGPO. Licence this motherfucker out. Why don't developers get it. Fuck it ask Sega what they did to make their netcode so damn good.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Hmmm...looking at online impressions, looks like my unopened copy of MK will stay that way. =/ I played enough the past 4 days anyway. Getting fightered out. Even Arcana Heart 3 came out today. =x

Grifter

ThatCrazyGuy said:
The 3D MK's had bad detection. The old 2D MK's did not (or not as bad as the 3D games)

NRS said they were bringing back the MK1-3 old school, on a 2D plane with solid hitboxes/detection.

Come on Boon!
I thought the old 2D hitboxes were particularly random at the time, but it's been a while. I didn't play the 3D ones much. They look/feel solid here from my limited play.

Xevren

I can't even connect to matches now online, I love this game but the online is so blah. When I do finally connect they aren't too bad with the lag, but it takes forever to connect if I ever do.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but can you view the ongoing fights while waiting for your turn, when playing online?
I hate Marvel vs Capcom 3's playercard bumping crap. I want to see the fights!

Xevren

ShinUltramanJ said:
Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but can you view the ongoing fights while waiting for your turn, when playing online?

Yeah you can in king of the hill.

Alias03

ShinUltramanJ said:

Yes in King of the Hill mode you see the fights while waiting

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
ShinUltramanJ said:
yeah but sadly the netcode is in bad shape currently. Hoping they fix it sooner rather than later.

Struct09

2wptnhz.jpg

I love this game!

methos75 said:
Man the best part of this game, at least on the PS3 is all the noobs who bought it because of Kratos and spam him online. They all suck big time and I just rape them when they choose Kratos, he just isn't a very good character to use against most other MK characters yet bless their hearts they keep trying.

Also if anyone has the Kitana DLC, I will gameshare every other piece of DLC for her, she is the only one I do not have
LOL raping noobs

methos75

Banned
Neuromancer said:
LOL raping noobs

Man its so bad and they get so butt hurt over it and rage quit and refuse to replay me, the best was one started yelling at me because I used a babality on Kratos LMAO

I've been beating up Retile in Training Mode using Liu Kang. It's cool what the developers did with the blood splatter effects. Not only is Retile damaged, but my character is also covered in green blood.

methos75

Banned
Xevren said:
I haven't run into anyone using Kratos, pretty much always Scorpion.

Lucky, I did have an epic Classic Sub versus Scorpion match up, I was Sub and killed the Scorpion player the first round, but he got me the 2nd round, and the third was just boss and we were both at like one hit a piece when I caught him with the ground ice. Epic battle.

methos75

Banned
DryEyeRelief said:
I've been beating up Retile in Training Mode using Liu Kang. It's cool what the developers did with the blood splatter effects. Not only is Retile damaged, but my character is also covered in green blood.

I love reptile in this game, many were saying he looked weak before the game was released but in practice he is a very good character to use. Wicked up close damage, and you can zone the hell out of people using his Elbow Smash and his projectiles.

Pachinko

I entered my best buy klassic sub zero code and there doesn't seem to be any way to select his alternate outfit nor is the klassic fatality listed in the movelist.

I'm thinking now that maybe it's in the dlc slots because I never thought to check there.

What doth gaf say ?

notworksafe

Pachinko said:
I entered my best buy klassic sub zero code and there doesn't seem to be any way to select his alternate outfit nor is the klassic fatality listed in the movelist.

I'm thinking now that maybe it's in the dlc slots because I never thought to check there.

What doth gaf say ?
Press start when selecting to get the kostume. Klassic Fatality is D F D Y/Triangle (Close distance). You have to do it once to unlock the input.

Xevren

Pachinko said:

What doth gaf say ?

Push start on the character to pick alternate costumes, the klassic fatalities have to be figured out. I'm sure a list is out somewhere that has them.

Tokubetsu

Some of these fatalities are pretty tricky get out.

EDIT: Love how the menu score and stuff is classic early to mid 90s instrumental drum rock haha.

I think this is one game where netcode will improve after a few weeks when most random players move on to the next game of the month, people with good connections usually stick around because they are getting lag free fights most of the time.

I do hope neverrealm are looking into adjustments though, if things still stay bad after a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom