• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BloodElfHunter said:
I've been playing the 360 version online for a few hours now, I've had 0 lag problems. The only problem I have is that everyone is Subzero\Ryu or Scorpion\Ken all over again. Good thing is no one can defeat my Kitana :)
It will diversify over time IMO. People won't play competitively with characters they don't know. As people finish Story/Challenge Tower expect it to get better.

MrMephistoX

Wow! Story mode actually has decent voice acting and my KE statues are awesome! So bringing these to work ;) I love Capcom fighters and all but this bad boy will keep me occupied for the foreseable future.

Messi

Chamber said:
Truth. He's beastly and real fun to use.

This is the damn truth. It kills me because I hate his looks and all that. But his moves are awesome and his first fatality is easy to do and is awesome.

Came back with cage today vs reptile online only had a tiny bit of health (my bar was friggin empty) and his was half full, finished it off with a fatality in record time. Jumped up and started fist pumping the air. Very out of character for me... lol.

LOVING THIS GAME.

Frankfurt

Banned
Revolutionary said:
What's the framerate for the game at 1080p? Sure as hell doesn't feel like 60... :(

The game is 720p, so if you're set to 1080p, it's upscaling. Depending on your tv, your inputs can get messy.

Glad to hear the news about Johnny Cage as I was thinking about starting with him :)

If my gf and I just want to jump into some 1-on-1 matches against each other, what's the easiest way to learn X-Rays and fatalities? Should we do the tutorials first?

Game is amazing! Though maybe it's rust/lack of skill but was having a difficult time on medium compared to the demo.

Oh... I HATE Kabal. That one fucking move he does where I spin for 5 minutes has got to go. The most annoying thing I've encountered. Shao Khan is cheap too but seems to take combo/up close damage like a bitch so i guess that's what they want you to do instead of turtling and using projectiles.

Gary Whitta said:
Glad to hear the news about Johnny Cage as I was thinking about starting with him :)

If my gf and I just want to jump into some 1-on-1 matches against each other, what's the easiest way to learn X-Rays and fatalities? Should we do the tutorials first?
Use this as inspiration to write a Johnny Cage movie, please.

Messi

Gary Whitta said:

There is the fatality trainer, but most are easy enough to pull off in a match, just know the distances, touching..sweep...and jump and air (?). Holding block while doing the directional movements also helps releasing the block to hit the final button to activate the fatality.

Xrays are just the two triggers and you will figure them out really quickly. Cages is defensive xray btw, someone has to hit out when you activate it. its kinda annoying but what the hell.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Messi said:
This is the damn truth. It kills me because I hate his looks and all that. But his moves are awesome and his first fatality is easy to do and is awesome.

Came back with cage today vs reptile online only had a tiny bit of health (my bar was friggin empty) and his was half full, finished it off with a fatality in record time. Jumped up and started fist pumping the air. Very out of character for me... lol.

LOVING THIS GAME.
I can't get over the fact that it's Johnny Cage though. Fuck Johnny Cage. lol

Chamber

love on your sleeve
MThanded said:
Why does the move list have the button not the action... That sucks.
My biggest pet peeve with this game thus far. I'm constantly looking down at my stick (*giggles*) to see the button layout.

scoobs

Oh my lord
Raiden vs Shaokahn
is just stupid. There are few things I find wrong with this game, that fight is one of them.

scoobs said:
Oh my lord
Raiden vs Shaokahn
is just stupid. There are few things I find wrong with this game, that fight is one of them.
And to think that every bad thing that happened up to that point could've been avoided...

Seeing Sp00ky play through this and all of the stupid input decisions they made is making me think this game really isn't tournament level.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
what is going on with the input buffer in this game?

I'm frustrated and im not even behind the sticks.

DR2K

Banned
shadyspace said:
Seeing Sp00ky play through this and all of the stupid input decisions they made is making me think this game really isn't tournament level.

What is tournament level?

DR2K said:
What is tournament level?

1226cammy.png

venom2124

Someone help me please because I'm a fighting game scrub. I'm getting demolished by
Shao Kahn at the end of the mk2 tourney
in story mode. Any good strategies?

Teknoman

People complaining about the control config: It seems pretty good for just jumping in and playing with a controller...or were you guys talking about sticks?

Glass Joe

cuevas said:
If you don't finish a fight and come back to the story you have to watch the cutscene again, annoying. Other than that I'm loving this game.

Hopefully it was an isolated incident, but when I returned to story mode today I had to start about an hour back from where I was :-/

Johnny was my favorite character in the demo so I'll probably stick with him as a main. But damn the others are so tempting, especially Smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom