• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riposte

I want to see some SKill-type hate on this game. Can't play it anytime soon and no way I am going to believe a written review.

So, a few more impressions. Really quite a fun game. I played a few private matches with my brother. Neither of us has particularly impressive internet connections. I was fine almost the whole way, except for a couple 1 second freezes. He must have froze two, because he didn't take advantage of the time. No lag for me, but he says he had lag when I invited him, so he invited me the rest of the way with no problems.

Game is very fun playing against someone your own skill level. That is to say- someone who also sucks and doesn't know any of the special moves or how to put together combos. Can't wait to get my stick and start building up some skill.

Also, Walmart Tournament edition won't get her until Thursday, but they did comp me 20 bucks for complaining about it. I was hoping for like 5, so I'm pretty stoked about this. Of course I had to pay tax, but even with that it basically works out to the $10 off Best Buy is doing.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
_dementia said:
Sp00ky's gone Hollywood.

Arcana Heart 3 launched today and they're not streaming that poverty.

When I read that post in my head I bust out laughing.

I defeated someone doing nothing but Sheeva's teleport stomp. The second round he did nothing but stand there and scream, "YOU SUCK".

Hahahaha

I love fighting games.

flarkminator said:
I defeated someone doing nothing but Sheeva's teleport stomp. The second round he did nothing but stand there and scream, "YOU SUCK".

Hahahaha

I love fighting games.
Did you tell him you worked on the game?

MThanded

What where they thinking with main menu controller setup? That is wack as hell. "Spooky Sigh"

Morn said:
Netcode is absolute dog shit.
Your story has been corroborated. This stopped me from picking the game up tonight.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
MThanded said:
What where they thinking with main menu controller setup? That is wack as hell. "Spooky Sigh"

Yea...they need to fix the controller setup ASAP. That wastes crazy amount of time. I thought Marvel's setup was lacking...

MThanded

wow the button presets are truly shit.

Riposte said:
Wow! This game is going to be horrible with in tournaments with this button config shit.
It is not going to work at all.

KAL2006

Banned
Morn said:
Netcode is absolute dog shit.

well if the netcode is not up to par, then I will borrow the game from my friend and complete story mode and do the challenge tower and move on from this game. I hope it gets patched, I want to play this online competitively like I played SFIV/SSFIV (those games lasted me for over 2 years).

MThanded

MK9 at evo is going to be a week long 24 hour event. 75% of the time its fools setting up their buttons.

What is "wrong" with the regular button setup? Isn't it the same as all the other MKs? Noob here. (Well, actually I have been around since MK1, but I was young then, and have never been very good, and haven't played any of them in years).

MThanded

SerArthurDayne said:
What is "wrong" with the regular button setup? Isn't it the same as all the other MKs? Noob here. (Well, actually I have been around since MK1, but I was young then, and have never been very good, and haven't played any of them in years).
People use arcade sticks with different button layouts. Being able to customize is necessary.

I agree the button setup method is real shitty, why can't it be some straight forward setup?

Saying that though I think one of the upcoming MK tournaments next month is limited to the KE stick only, so no button setups required there, but custom sticks at evo will be a mess.

Morn

Banned
B-Dex said:
NVM apparently only if you pre-ordered the Blus you get the jade :(

Wrong. I just bought both Blus at Wal Mart and both have a Jade card in them (as well as the digital copy).

MThanded said:
People use arcade sticks with different button layouts. Being able to customize is necessary.

Okay, so it is the customization method that sucks. I thought you were referring to the basic PS3/360 dpad controller.
Why? Is is just presets like some games do? As in you can choose one of four options or something? As opposed to choosing say front punch, and then pressing the button you want to choose to program it?

Ugh I wasn't going to spend money on this because I have Portal 2 coming via Amazon, but damn I'm watching the stream and it's making me want to go out and buy it. I was gonna wait until it dropped in price or there was a deal on it, but my will is breaking. Decisions, decisions.

FINALBOSS

Banned
MThanded said:
MK9 at evo is going to be a week long 24 hour event. 75% of the time its fools setting up their buttons.

I don't understand the hate with the buttons.

You go to config, quickly smack in what you like and done.

That said...I'm kinda enjoying playing with my pad more than my stick right now. It's kinda hard to reach the block button for me (especially being inexperienced with a stick)

Picked the game up this afternoon. Off to the gym then back home to wreck some shit (or most likely get wrecked)

The "Katalog" inside has me feeling like a 13 year old again. I had to calm myself down to not go out and buy the stick, soundtrack, strategy guide and MK t-shirt.

FINALBOSS said:

In MvC3 you're able to program your buttons by pausing during a match. So people are able to plug in their stick (or controller) and program the layout the way they want and then quickly test that layout before going to the character select. It just allows for very quick transitions from match to match. With the way MK is setup people are going to have to back all the way to the controller menu every time a new player comes up.

I've been playing the 360 version online for a few hours now, I've had 0 lag problems. The only problem I have is that everyone is Subzero\Ryu or Scorpion\Ken all over again. Good thing is no one can defeat my Kitana :)

FINALBOSS said:

That said...I'm kinda enjoying playing with my pad more than my stick right now. It's kinda hard to reach the block button for me (especially being inexperienced with a stick)
It's a small inconvenience if you only have to do it once, but doing it every round in a tournament, followed by the inevitable button check round takes up lots of time in tournaments. Some games like Soul Calibur and Blazblue let you configure them on the character select screen, and games like ST HDR simply allow you to press the button as it corresponds to your desired action. Setups like those increase the flow of tourneys.

MThanded

FINALBOSS said:

You cant do it from the pause menu. Thats the best way so you don have to go back to main menu. Thats how every capcom fighter is even though they still do it wrong.

FINALBOSS

Banned
MThanded said:
You cant do it from the pause menu. Thats the best way so you don have to go back to main menu. Thats how every capcom fighter is even though they still do it wrong.

Ah yeah. Completely forgot about that.

Yeah...they need to patch in that option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom