• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleepey

MightyKAC said:
So my Amazon MK9 codes came in and now I seem to be stuck with a Reptile DLC code that I really couldn't care less about sooooo....... The first person to quote this post (who actually and HONESTLY wants to main Reptile) gets it.

Edit: wow that was timed perfectly with the post above mine. hmmm
. :)

MightyKAC said:
The code is on its way. Btw I forgot to mention it's a ps3 code is that cool?

Son of a B. lol. If he doesn't want the PS3 code then give me! :mad:

That said, I don't get why the fatalities are locked for Classic costumes. I mean when you redeem the costume, the fatality should also be redeemed and revealed.

MightyKAC said:
So my Amazon MK9 codes came in and now I seem to be stuck with a Reptile DLC code that I really couldn't care less about sooooo....... The first person to quote this post (who actually and HONESTLY wants to main Reptile) gets it.

Edit: wow that was timed perfectly with the post above mine. hmmm

Wait a minute!

Dont do this! Come on I'll main REptile and beat these guys here FOR YOU!

Ill do it FOR YOU!

I pray to god that the code hasnt been delivered already. PLEASE!

MightyKAC

shagg_187 said:
Son of a B. lol. If he doesn't want the PS3 code then give me! :mad:

That said, I don't get why the fatalities are locked for Classic costumes. I mean when you redeem the costume, the fatality should also be redeemed and revealed.

Damn I should have made stipulation that if you get the fatality code you need to share it on GAF. Ah well.

Edit:pM sent to ChronosBlade

MightyKAC said:
Damn I should have made stipulation that if you get the fatality code you need to share it on GAF. Ah well.

Edit:pM sent to ChronosBlade

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GrayFoxPL

Frogfucious said:
So with the Krypt, is it intended to be guessing tombstones and not knowing what your going to get? I want alt costumes and fatalities and I'm getting concept art lol

p.s.- I saw the link to the list of items but if it's meant to be random I'll just do it that way. This game is awesome.

Yeah, you should get lucky not cheat.

Combo video for all characters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT1ikalgv4Y&feature=player_embedded#at=194

Lol at weak ass Barraka combos. You aren't top tier anymore you bastard.

simtmb

Linconan said:
For the people that do have the game, a question.

This Online pass thingy, is it available to buy in a sub menu from the game itself? or do you 'have' to purchase through the PSN Store/360 Marketplace?

The reason i ask is because i'm Australian, and ordered me copy (on its way :)) but the PSBlog Eu has updated the Store info and says that the Kombat pass isn't available in the Update for Australians.

Could i just buy it within the game itself?
Or would there be another way around this?

Thanks for any info ;)

Australian here too : )

I'm not too certain on the exact details, but there is probably a menu option in the game somewhere which directs you to the PSN/Marketplace store link. So you would have to log into a European account for it in that case. This pass code comes with new copies of the game though afaik.

GrayFoxPL said:
Yeah, you should get lucky not cheat.

Thanks. So with my reptile classic fatality, since it's not listed and I don't know what it is, does that mean I have an extra tombstone in my Krypt I have to find in order to unlock that fatality?

GrayFoxPL

Frogfucious said:
Thanks. So with my reptile classic fatality, since it's not listed and I don't know what it is, does that mean I have an extra tombstone in my Krypt I have to find in order to unlock that fatality?

You can do any fatality or finisher as long as you know the button combination.

I don't know it, sorry.

i've played a lot of cheap bosses in my time: Kof95/98 Rugal, Gill from SF3, and other SNK bosses.

the Last Shao Kahn fight in story mode may not be the cheapest or worst boss fight but it's definitely up there.

gundamzeta209 said:
i've played a lot of cheap bosses in my time: Kof95/98 Rugal, Gill from SF3, and other SNK bosses.

the Last Shao Kahn fight in story mode may not be the cheapest or worst boss fight but it's definitely up there.

He can still be beaten the old fashioned way: jump over him, kick from behind, repeat, even if you miss.

GrayFoxPL said:
You can do any fatality or finisher as long as you know the button combination.

I don't know it, sorry.

I don't need to know it right away, just curious if I can eventually stumble upon reptile's classic fatality in in the Krypt or if I'll have to google it if it's not in the Krypt.

Linconan

simtmb said:
Australian here too : )

I'm not too certain on the exact details, but there is probably a menu option in the game somewhere which directs you to the PSN/Marketplace store link. So you would have to log into a European account for it in that case. This pass code comes with new copies of the game though afaik.
Cool, thanks for the info ;)

I wasn't to sure on this whole situation with us and the online, its so confusing,lol.
Alot of, what if's.

lol...*sigh

GrayFoxPL

Frogfucious said:
I don't need to know it right away, just curious if I can eventually stumble upon reptile's classic fatality in in the Krypt or if I'll have to google it if it's not in the Krypt.

I've no idea.

orion434

Does anybody have a good strategy to accumulate Koins quickly? So far my strategy is to play Ladder with 3 Wins on Beginner... 1st fight is always 3,250 Koins ( 3 Flawless Victories + Fatility )

nero2082

Linconan said:
For the people that do have the game, a question.

This Online pass thingy, is it available to buy in a sub menu from the game itself? or do you 'have' to purchase through the PSN Store/360 Marketplace?

The reason i ask is because i'm Australian, and ordered me copy (on its way :)) but the PSBlog Eu has updated the Store info and says that the Kombat pass isn't available in the Update for Australians.

Could i just buy it within the game itself?
Or would there be another way around this?

Thanks for any info ;)

online pass comes with the game

there is submenu ingame to redeem or buy it 7 euro or 8 pounds in eu it takes you to eu store to get it tho

Before I spend money in the Krypt, I know that I can unlock alts by completing ladder with that character, but is there a free way to get Kombat Kodes and finishing moves?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Played this until 2am. I have a blister forming on my left thumb. I feel like I'm a kid again. Great job, NR!!!

sogood.gif

TheApatheticOne said:
So now that the games been out, what's everyone finding to be the best configuration for the SFIV TE sticks?

I think I asked this too, but don't think anyone answered.
I'd be interested to know what people are using.

Kusagari

The Lamonster said:
Before I spend money in the Krypt, I know that I can unlock alts by completing ladder with that character, but is there a free way to get Kombat Kodes and finishing moves?

I don't know about the kodes but you can do Fatalities without buying them in the Krypt. Once you do them they show up in your moves list too like if you had bought them to begin with.

Gary Whitta said:
Okay I'm trying to figure out why some of my X-Rays whiff. Some hit and some don't. What makes the difference?
Hello Gary. Some of the X-Rays are "counters" like Johnny Cage. You spark that X-Ray and hope someone tries to hit you.

Can't find a list of which ones are counters but I'd love to see one.

Struct09

I've probably only played half the characters so far, but oddly enough my favorite so far has been Sonya. I didn't expect to like her at all.

The Lamonster said:
I beat the ladder on medium with scorpion, why didn't I get his alt costume for that?

Kweh

How is Sindel? I use to dabble with her in UMK3, if she's pretty good in this, I may invest some time into her.

bishoptl said:
Played this until 2am. I have a blister forming on my left thumb. I feel like I'm a kid again. Great job, NR!!!

sogood.gif
ha, same here. 2am, hurt left thumb. I just cut my nails too - bad choice as there's no support for pressing on the flesh anymore.

psycho17

Struct09 said:
I've probably only played half the characters so far, but oddly enough my favorite so far has been Sonya. I didn't expect to like her at all.
The same thing happened to me. I didn't think I would like her as much as I do.
Also screw Shao Khan. It took me almost an hour to beat him last night.

The Lamonster said:
Hello Gary. Some of the X-Rays are "counters" like Johnny Cage. You spark that X-Ray and hope someone tries to hit you.

Can't find a list of which ones are counters but I'd love to see one.
Ah good to know, thanks! That would be a useful list!

Loving story mode, so much fun. Johnny Cage is the shit!

Frogfucious said:
I beat the ladder on medium with scorpion, why didn't I get his alt costume for that?
Go to the Nekropolis (under Krypt in Extras) and find Scorpion to complete it. Gotta do that every time you unlock an alt.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So yeah, this might not surprise anyone (or I may just be extremely slow in noticing it), but they really did use MKvsDC as a base to build this game on. So much of it is either identical or extremely similar. Story Mode and the online UI in particular. You can really tell that MKvsDC was supposed to be this, before the DC deal happened.

Not a problem though, since MKvsDC was a pretty decent game to begin with.

I found the key to beating Shao Kahn was being a cheap bastard. What's fair is fair right? Anyways, I used smoke, and every time he taunted, launched a hammer, or threw the spear I would throw a smoke ball to pop him up or use the teleport to hit him a couple of times. Same with the X-Ray whenever it was available. He can destroy your health real quick if you mess up, but I guess find some similar tactic for whatever character you use. Or actually be good. That is an option, too, I guess.

Kuroudu

Kintaro is really a cheapass, wish 1 round winning setting could be done in the story mode. Won first round but lost the next 2 rounds. Hate that stomp / teleport thing that kintaro is doing, block doesn't help and jumping backwards doesn't either. Also freaking hate the autoblock on the bosses, would have won the matches if it were not there. And x-ray doing >50% OMG.

G-Fex

Interfectum said:
Haha yes he is.

Playing him in the story mode I was like holy shit Jax is fucking badass like MK2. He's back baby, he's back.

Yup, all the smoke and noob players didn't see my power punch and "gotcha" grabs coming. Winning streak!

will52 said:
Low res cut-scenes that can't be paused or skipped? What year is this?

Decent fighter otherwise.

Yeah, I didn't like the low quality cutscenes. I've heard they can be skipped after you beat the game, though. Still, better than Bioware cutscenes. They are recorded for 360 I guess, so on any decent PC rig they look like grainy garbage.

Can I just say that Johnny Cage's move when he does the splits and punches you in the nuts is the best thing I've ever seen in a fighting game.

Can anyone recommend a good character to main for a total beginner like me? I really need to work on some advanced moves, combos etc. Right now I'm still mostly button-mashing and doing throws. I managed to get a couple of ranged attacks, like Scorpion's chain grab, down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom