• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vice

GrayFoxPL said:
I was 5 years older then them. Have you any idea about little childrens psychic? I helped rising my little nephew and I know how easily they are getting scared.

If you think showing this

http://img.myph.us/eSe.jpg[img]

[img]http://img.myph.us/uwM.jpg[img]

to a 5 yo is fine, you're out of your freaking mind.[/QUOTE]

My nieces and nephews, ages 5-8, loves gory movies and games. They don't seem to get scared either.

Keldor said:
Does anyone know how to play the classic music on the stages?
Press Start when selecting the arena on the Character Select screen. I don't think theres any way to do it in Ladder mode. And Online you have to be the Winner of the last match to do it.

Also, pressing Start when selecting a character gives you the prompt for alt costumes (if you've unlocked any for that character)

fernoca

Pressing start to choose the costume, also lets you play with the secondary color.

Still need to unlock 50% of the Krypt! XD
Guess I'll play Story Mode again... :p

Vice

Exactly how long is the story mode?
I just started Kitana's arc during MK2 and I'm wondering how much more I have left

fernoca

Vice said:
Exactly how long is the story mode?
I just started Kitana's arc during MK2 and I'm wondering how much more I have left
6-8 hours. You're around 50% of it.
You still need to play with a few more characters of the MKII-side of things, then moves to MK3

notworksafe

Having a weird problem with my PS3 copy of the game. In offline versus mode, second fatality inputs aren't showing for the second player even though they've been unlocked in both fatality trainer and the Krypt. Any idea what to do?

derFeef

Every single time it is the same with fighting games for me - I love some characters from their looks, but it turns out I just can't play them. Like Noob and Cyrax.

Just picked up my tournament edition at Best Buy. The guy who rang me up said they sold 4 yesterday and I got the last one today. Get your sticks people they're going fast.

N4Us

Morn said:
Looks like the servers took a dump again on PS3.

Don't they realize people want to play this online?

I'm having trouble connecting on the 360, even though some of my friends are playing fine. :\

Grifter

Tokubetsu said:
Well if isn't Grifter. How are you doing old frienemy
I tried to send you a web XBL message to 1) taunt you and 2) ask if I should get this, but the interface was broken. You liking this better than WWE All Stars?

Keldor

infinityBCRT said:
Press Start when selecting the arena on the Character Select screen. I don't think theres any way to do it in Ladder mode. And Online you have to be the Winner of the last match to do it.

Also, pressing Start when selecting a character gives you the prompt for alt costumes (if you've unlocked any for that character)
Thanks. I've been doing it wrong.

Loving the game but man does the online lag. Tried to play with a friend last night and it was fine at first but later became unplayable. Hope that gets fixed soon because otherwise this is the most fun I've had since MK Trilogy.

LowParry

I think Kung and Kitana are going to be my mains. They're so much fun to play. Fuck the Scorpion players online though. They all seem to know one combo and one move. lol

Keldor said:
Thanks. I've been doing it wrong.

Loving the game but man does the online lag. Tried to play with a friend last night and it was fine at first but later became unplayable. Hope that gets fixed soon because otherwise this is the most fun I've had since MK Trilogy.

I do wonder how much are the issues related to router settings. Like if you have an open NAT (or whatever it is) on both sides, and are wired on both sides I suspect you'll have much better results.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Johnny Cage is a button masher's dream. This dude is right up there with MvC3 characters in terms of just pressing buttons and watching cool shit happen.

Raiden.png

all day

bathala

Banned
6-8 hrs of story mode? Damn for a fighting game. My purchase is well worth it
Bought it mostly for single player experience

MrMephistoX

notworksafe said:
Having a weird problem with my PS3 copy of the game. In offline versus mode, second fatality inputs aren't showing for the second player even though they've been unlocked in both fatality trainer and the Krypt. Any idea what to do?

Same issue with me. Reptile's Krypt and Pre-order fatalities aren't showing up for me either.

On a side note is the Gamestop DLC a card or printed on the receipt? I was planning to pull a dastardly deed and return my pre-order but if you have to return that too it's not worth it.

Tokubetsu

Grifter said:
I tried to send you a web XBL message to 1) taunt you and 2) ask if I should get this, but the interface was broken. You liking this better than WWE All Stars?

I only played the All Stars demo but wasn't really feeling it. REALLY Enjoying this though.

Alias03

Im sure this has been brought up and answered many times but this thread moves so fast I have yet to see the answer so forgive me for asking. Has anyone from NR acknowledged the online problems for PS3? Every time I play online (mostly on KotH) its almost like a slideshow. This is a wide spread problem I assume? Anyone hear how/if they are gonna address this?

notworksafe

MrMephistoX said:
Same issue with me. Reptile's Krypt and Pre-order fatalities aren't showing up for me either.
Glad to see I'm not the only one. If someone can figure out a way to fix it, post here.

Also for Rep's stuff you have to do his klassic fatality in the klassic costume (press start when selecting) in either Fatality Trainer or Versus. The input is
B, B, F, D, Block (jump distance)

MrMephistoX said:
On a side note is the Gamestop DLC a card or printed on the receipt? I was planning to pull a dastardly deed and return my pre-order but if you have to return that too it's not worth it.
It's on the receipt.

fernoca

MrMephistoX said:
Printed on the receipt. But don't know how it works for returns. I mean; if you use the code and return the game, would it appear on the computer and they won't allow the return? Seems unlikely, but who knows.

Alias03 said:
Im sure this has been brought up and answered many times but this thread moves so fast I have yet to see the answer so forgive me for asking. Has anyone from NR acknowledged the online problems for PS3? Every time I play online (mostly on KotH) its almost like a slideshow. This is a wide spread problem I assume? Anyone hear how/if they are gonna address this?
Well, acknowledged as talking about them on Twitter; haven't seen anything yet.
Overall it seems to be a mixed bag, some have really bad lag, others don't. Others only have lag in King of the Hill. Heck, I still don't get my problem of only being able to play online while on wireless. It's plays great/perfectly, but only with the PS3 on wireless (wired just causes the game to get stuck at the looking for servers-loading, and have to quit to the XMB and restart the game).

But you can bet they're looking into things...well, one can hope anyway. The game was released yesterday, so lets see how things are by next Tuesday. :p

Wow. The story mode is just awesome. Better than any MK movie could ever be. This is my childhood dream come to life only twenty years later.

CcrooK said:
I think Kung and Kitana are going to be my mains. They're so much fun to play. Fuck the Scorpion players online though. They all seem to know one combo and one move. lol
The leash thing followed by his xray? Pretty sweet. I'm 1-4 online :(

Didn't have a lot of time to play yesterday but I jumped straight into story mode. I'm loving the game so far, just so fun to play. I dig the story connecting everything/all the characters and the changes Raiden is trying to cause. Surprised how enjoyable some of the characters have been to use which brings me to one of my favorite things about this game- you guys have been touting so many different characters as awesome or god tier, etc. and that's just really awesome, I can't think of any other fighter in history where I found so many characters to be good and fun to play as :)

I bought the official transformable d-pad controller for the 360 and I like it, works well so far but I've mostly been mashing at this point with the occassional look-up of a skill or two. The real test will be when I try out fatatillities. Can't wait to try another mode so I can actually do/see them.

Back to story mode, my only minor complaints are that you fight some of the same characters several times but I guess that can't be avoided when you're trying to make a story have some semblance of sense to it. Other is that you can't pause during cutscenes but I suspect I can do so by hitting the Guide button as I've done that in other games, will try tonight. Levels have been gorgeous and good lord do some of them make me feel nostalgic! Seeing "Toasty!"...sogood.gif Man, I really want to try out Ermac and Noob and am tempted to see when they come up in story mode but part of the excitement is the surprise of who the game has you playing next so I won't. Will wait until I finish before I project on who I will main but right now I'm leaning on Smoke with a hight intrest on how Ermac and Noob will play.

One question:
I stopped at the fight where you're Liu Kang vs Shao Kahn, what's a good strategy for him? I tried two times before going to bed but that diagonal air dash is aggravating! I haven't had any trouble up till now but I'm more of an evader rather than a blocker so not being able to jump is annoying ;P I suspect the strategy will be to stay close and just block a lot, throwing in few hit combos in between? Was too tired to try that last night but that's where I'll start if you guys don't have anything better.

Prodigal

Banned
Reptile's generally been my go to character in past games, so I was a little disappointed to find that he has a different playing style than I'm used to. Once I got used to it though he's been really fun to experiment with, especially since his morph ball or whatever gives your opponent some real hangtime to juggle.

LowParry

Squall ASF said:
One question:
I stopped at the fight where you're Liu Kang vs Shao Kahn, what's a good strategy for him? I tried two times before going to bed but that diagonal air dash is aggravating! I haven't had any trouble up till now but I'm more of an evader rather than a blocker so not being able to jump is annoying ;P I suspect the strategy will be to stay close and just block a lot, throwing in few hit combos in between? Was too tired to try that last night but that's where I'll start if you guys don't have anything better.

All I did was play zone and fireball, fireball, fireball, fireball! Going straight in for the kill just lead to my death

LowParry

Squall ASF said:
Wouldn't that take forever? haha

Naw. It takes a little time but it's certainly less frustrating than going head on. You've seen what happens. Bullshit after bullshit. And don't get me started on the X-Ray. Oiy.

G-Fex

Playing Story Mode. Awesome so far, man it's pretty much "get good with this character or else". It's more better practice than practice mode. I now know how to use Sonya :D

LowParry

So there's a total of 4gigs to install with the PS3 right? All in the background? How long is it suppose to take? Last I looked I was around 2.1gig.

Had work but online before I left I was 2 win 1 loss in ranked, the loss being the laggy shit I moaned about a few hours ago :p

To beat shao khan with ermac on my 3rd try I fireball locked him in a corner, he did nothing but block so I chipped for the win, lol, next time I will go crush his balls in the correct manor.

The KE figure is still shit after not looking at it for the last 5 hours, ugly plastic shit :( anyone else agree with me in europe? start of next month I will repaint it myself and post some pictures.

Just to reiterate what's already been said countless times, the game is simply epic. Ed Boon and company have literally pulled off a miracle and resurrected a dead franchise. If I didn't know better, I would have thought that Ed Boon enlisted the help of Quan Chi.

The game is literally the best Mortal Kombat I have ever played, and probably one of the best fighting games period. I have been a Mortal Kombat fanatic since playing the first game in my old Neighborhood way back in Fall of 1992. It was sad seeing Mortal Kombat fall from grace when games like Virtua Fighter, Tekken, and the Capcom VS games hit the scene. He tried really hard, but it never felt right. Then this game came along, and it's just mind blowing. It is literally beyond my wildest expectations. It's so deep and full of content that you'd have to be insane to nitpick.The story mode is epic. It's a fanboy's wet dream come true.

With that said, if I have one complaint. It would have to be Shao Khan on story mode. He sucks a big one. He's literally cheap on SNK proportions. He's an Art of Fighting-esque boss. I hate him so bad and like 99% of people, he's giving me hell.

Morn said:
FUCK ONLINE SCORPION PLAYERS UP THEIR CHEAP ASSES
use bread and butter scrub ermac combos on them, they will cry.

Teleport into forward punch, down back FP then catch them with EX back forward X, 21% or something :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom