• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sblargh

Banned
Diablohead said:
Been playing story mode, I like it but damn the 1 v 2 fights, the cpu always teleport or do something the instant you start a move s you can't block, it's one of those A.I things in games :( I can see why some reviewers knocked down the score because of it, they can be really challenging.

I'm starting to see that some players and moves seem unbalanced now also, the game pace is so fast especially for a block button game, any kind of instant teleport which results in an attack coming out of it imo is classed as broken, sektor's floor teleport is so quick you can surprise and punish nearly anything.

AI on 2 v 1 fight blocks very little, get in their face and punch them away, x-rays are usually free too.

As for teleports, you get used to them, you have to adjust your mindset somewhat on this game to be either blocking or moving.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Diablohead said:
Been playing story mode, I like it but damn the 1 v 2 fights, the cpu always teleport or do something the instant you start a move s you can't block, it's one of those A.I things in games :( I can see why some reviewers knocked down the score because of it, they can be really challenging.

I'm starting to see that some players and moves seem unbalanced now also, the game pace is so fast especially for a block button game, any kind of instant teleport which results in an attack coming out of it imo is classed as broken, sektor's floor teleport is so quick you can surprise and punish nearly anything.
Recover on teleport moves is forever though. You can bait them out and hit them with the hheeeeeeeeeee

Diablohead said:

The 1v2 fights are frustrating but those are the fights that get you to really learn how to chain combos with the character you're using (and sometimes Boss fights fall under this category). I'd NEVER ever learn how to use Kitana if it weren't for Story mode because I find her moves have really really low damage and its not easy to pick up how to play with her initially.

vg260

Anyone check the official MK forums? Are the developers aware of the volume level issue on the PS3? You have to crank the volume up about 3x higher than everything else on the system just to get normal volume levels, even with the sliders maxxed out. This is one of my pet peeves when this happens. (like in MvC2 360). Incredibly annoying. I never understand how this happens. I find it an inexcusable goof. It only takes doing anything else with sound before or after playing.

2&2 said:
Anyone check the official MK forums? Are the developers aware of the volume level issue on the PS3? You have to crank the volume up about 3x higher than everything else on the system just to get normal volume levels, even with the sliders maxxed out. This is one of my pet peeves when this happens. (like in MvC2 360). Incredibly annoying. I never understand how this happens. I find it an inexcusable goof. It only takes doing anything else with sound before or after playing.

I find this is the case with a lot of PS3 stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if its to keep high dynamic range in the sound since the BD has a lot of space to do higher quality sound than 360.

Aske

I love the 2 or 1 fights! For me, the default difficulty has been just right. Challenging, but not frustrating. I'm looking forward to improving and playing story mode on harder levels.

vg260

infinityBCRT said:
I find this is the case with a lot of PS3 stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if its to keep high dynamic range in the sound since the BD has a lot of space to do higher quality sound than 360.

Is there a workaround via the PS3 sound settings? I currently have both stereo audio via HDMI and optical digital output simultaneously enabled. I actually have only been using my TV volume only and that's where I notice it.

AEREC said:
Does anyone want the female version of scorpions 360 avatar outfit? It wouldnt let me redeem the code since my avy is a male.

Ill just PM the first person to quote this post.
Female Scorpion? What?

Atruvius said:
What!? There isn't VS CPU mode? I just thought it was buried under some menus. This game really needs it.
No versus CPU? What?

GuessWho said:
can you unlock the classic skins through the krypt?

Pretty sure the answer here is no.
Get your wallet ready, I'm sure they'll eventually be on the marketplace.
Or if you can't wait, take out a second mortgage and head over to eBay.

MrMephistoX

dexterslu said:
I've been searching for a nice move list, ideally I'd like to use it on my iPad. Anyone got any suggestions?
trmk.org

just go to their game guides section and bookmark it to your home screen.

RedStep

infinityBCRT said:

It's true that more space is available, but the relationship between audio size and dynamic range is negligible at best (and only relevant to compression). It's true that reference level could be set higher on the PS3, but then you would have very loud things at normal level (and once adjusted, you would hear very quiet, normal, and very loud sounds appropriately). That doesn't seem to be the case, as everything is just lower.

Point is, sounds more like an issue with the dev not adjusting for audio output levels. Hopefully they'll correct it.

2&2 said:

also... Twitter is the best way to reach NRS. They've responded to me many times.

@noobde
@hecterrific
@ninjaboy66
@mk_mortalkombat
@flarkminator (hes also on GAF under the same name)

There are probably plenty of other NRS guys on twitter. I also wouldn't be shocked if Boon is on GAF as well reading stuff.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Holy shit at the DLC prices on ebay. Subzero costumes are going for $35 bucks. Now I'm tempted to sell my Ermac and Subzero DLC.
There's a guy on eBay selling "info" on how to get alternate costumes, with slightly tricky wording. Basically he's just e-mailing the buyer with Krypt locations (or whatever the unlock method is), but people think they're getting the classic DLC. He's made at least $50 so far.

Scorpion seems to be more readily available on eBay right now, but probably not for much longer. The Sub-Zero and Reptile prices are ridiculous.

Is there an online resource yet where we can view photos of all the alt costumes?

I want to eventually unlock them all but I don't want to waste time or koins on some of these costumes that are boring subtle differences from the original costumes. Sometimes you can't even tell them apart because they're so similar.

The Lamonster said:
Is there an online resource yet where we can view photos of all the alt costumes?

I want to eventually unlock them all but I don't want to waste time or koins on some of these costumes that are boring subtle differences from the original costumes. Sometimes you can't even tell them apart because they're so similar.

You can beat through MK1 in the story mode and probably have enough coins to unlock every single alt.

Krypt guide here:
http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/18284-Krypt-Coffin-Labels-amp-Rewards-Compilation-*SPOILERS*

Also, people on eBay are dumb. They were paying more for the Jade skin than the DVD cost. 360 skins seem more valuable. I guess that means PS3 sales must be better.

Whoops. I meant to edit my last post. Oh well.

I'm hoping NRS straight up comes out with an MK1,MK2&MK3 costume pack as well as a stage pack that includes the Portal and maybe a few other missing ones.

infinityBCRT said:
I'm hoping NRS straight up comes out with an MK1,MK2&MK3 costume pack as well as a stage pack that includes the Portal and maybe a few other missing ones.
I'd probably buy an MK2 pack in a heartbeat :(

infinityBCRT said:
If they gave us ALL MK1-3 klassic kostumes and ALL MK1-3 stages I think I might just become one with the universe.

orion434

This may be a stupid question... but where do you originally get the Scorpion Avatar Outfit?

Edit: Crap It's answered 4 post above mine. Thanx!

Chairhome

AEREC said:
Does anyone want the female version of scorpions 360 avatar outfit? It wouldnt let me redeem the code since my avy is a male.

Ill just PM the first person to quote this post.
If you still have it, I'll take it! I'll put it on my wife's avatar then take a pic so we can see what it looks like.

========

Random nostalgia: does anyone remember this site?
Http://mk.rat.org

For all my MK3 needs back in the day. Memories.

Minamu

On the second try I got the patch downloaded :) Kinda sad how quick I can forget how to do a breaker and tag special. Must've killed Sonya and Sektor like 10 times before I got it working :lol

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
vatstep said:
The Sub-Zero and Reptile prices are ridiculous.
I put my Sub-Zero code on eBay and sold it for $44 less than 90 minutes after posting it. I have half a mind to buy a TE and sell those codes to basically pay for the entire thing.

dexterslu said:
I've been searching for a nice move list, ideally I'd like to use it on my iPad. Anyone got any suggestions?
I'm not sure about iPad stuff, but for those who have android phones, there's an app called Mortal Kombat Moves or something that has all of the MK game move lists easily viewed for free. The developer had the mk9 demo move list, and soon will put up the full game list when more of them are discovered.

The Lamonster said:
If they gave us ALL MK1-3 klassic kostumes and ALL MK1-3 stages I think I might just become one with the universe.
The way they named the klassic male costumes as MK1 instead of retro (and I'm presuming the female costumes are named MK3), it makes me think that there will be packs for everyone.

This is probably a stupid question, but does anyone want to trade a Reptile skin for a Scorpion? PM if interested. I expect no intrest however (sadface)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You know what'd be great?

If NRS patched in Friendships in a future update and just didn't tell anyone. Would really capture that whole "mystery" feel that the old MK's had.

Unicorn

infinityBCRT said:
The way they named the klassic male costumes as MK1 instead of retro (and I'm presuming the female costumes are named MK3), it makes me think that there will be packs for everyone.
I really hope so. NRS better know that I will buy up almost all the DLC. (If Quan Chi was DLC, he'd be left in the dust though).

I don't have a job, but I'm going to find a way to get the DLC. I've gone to the plasma center before for money. Will again, if I have to lol.
Seraphis Cain said:

If NRS patched in Friendships in a future update and just didn't tell anyone. Would really capture that whole "mystery" feel that the old MK's had.
I'm sure people will dig into every update like they did with the demo. I expect no surprises with the internet around.

Lambtron said:
I put my Sub-Zero code on eBay and sold it for $44 less than 90 minutes after posting it. I have half a mind to buy a TE and sell those codes to basically pay for the entire thing.
Wow. If NR puts it up on XBLM and PSN for like $2 I bet that guy is going to feel like an ass.

I finally got a chance to pop in my launch day copy last night and all I can say is wow. What an awesome game. I got a few chapters of the story done and a handful of rungs on the Challenge Ladder. There is so much bang for your buck in this game and I haven't even touched online yet. I'm having so much fun with it that it's pulled me away from The Show and I haven't opened my copy of SOCOM yet.

Seraphis Cain said:

The first patch was 30MB. That in it self makes me think there was some secret content that they pushed in there that we don't know about. I don't think Executables are usually that big.

I also think DLC could contain secret stuff as well.

Ermac classic is worth keeping, he looks so cool in the classic red look, In fact they all do, the classic costume is really well made.

I just wish the females had MK2 outfits, was never keen on the MK3 look for the women so I still have my mileena and jade codes unused.

MrMephistoX

Diablohead said:
Ermac classic is worth keeping, he looks so cool in the classic red look, In fact they all do, the classic costume is really well made.

I just wish the females had MK2 outfits, was never keen on the MK3 look for the women so I still have my mileena and jade codes unused.
doh I see you're on 360.

NEO0MJ

_dementia said:
Wow. If NR puts it up on XBLM and PSN for like $2 I bet that guy is going to feel like an ass.

Oh, they will feel like ass. I just hope they turn out to be free, massive lulz there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom