• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TrAcEr_x90 said:
I'm not worrying about online till I have gotten through some challenges and storymode. So hopefully its fixed by then(psn).

Is there a good youtube channel yet with combo tips? I'm using Noob right now. He is really fun, but I know im horrible with him. In training mode I can set off combos but in regular play its a bit harder.
haha for me its just up/down over and over. That teleport move is badass.

Aske

infinityBCRT said:
I've definitely heard some "Oh that was a... weird game" type of comments from people over the last week.

It's as 'weird' as God of War, Devil May Cry, or Ninja Gaiden. Just an action game in a fantasy setting based on the MK mythology, but with co-op! I wonder what those comments were based on? MK:SM wasn't perfect, but it's hard to criticize. It did what it set out to do extremely well.

The 2 player versus in MK:SM was such a great bonus. Powerstone meets Mortal Kombat. So much fun, and simple enough that anyone could play. I hope it's included if MK:SM ever gets rereleased.

The Lamonster said:
haha for me its just up/down over and over. That teleport move is badass.

And the running tackle! I need to become more proficient with his back hole moves. But I have no problems busting out combos with Saibot. He's pretty combo friendly.

S1kkZ

DryEyeRelief said:
Someone from Killer Instinct
just give me alternate outfits. master-chief/spartan for the robots, sgt major johnson for stryker or jax, alan wake for stryker (he has a flashlight and a gun) and so on.
another idea for 360 dlc: different announcers. locust queen, sgt johnson, cole train (there is a lot of potential here).

Does anyone have a list of the classic music tracks that play for every stage? Does every stage have a classic track? I haven't really gotten a chance to check it out since I'm stilll going through story.

grkazan12

Loving the game so far, but have a problem. So I'm trying to do some juggles Saibot, but the problem is I kind of know what they are and I don't really know how to perform them. Like I get someone in the air with black hole, but when he comes down I only can get one punch in before he hits the ground.

Any idea if the Mortal Kombat save is locked? Will I be able to transfer it from my dorm PS3 to my PS3 at home? They were created under the same PSN id. Thanks.

Also: Smoke fucking rocks. Muahahahaha

Saibot has some Akuma-level wakeup shenanigans from what I can tell, but then again I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing in this game.

So far it's Saibot and Liu Kang for me. Considering Sektor, his frog hop side switch is hilarious.

I can't get anyone past 36% combos without using meter D:

derFeef

Jax, Smoke, Sub Zero are my favourite at the moment. I can do their combos pretty well (which means lol-6-hit combos, pretty neat for me ;) But then I have not touched many characters yet.

Dude Abides said:
I have a basic hori arcade stick for 360 but not for PS3. Should I be getting the 360 version or is the DS3 > stick for this game?
honestly, I preferred playing the PS3 demo with a DS3 to my stick

I've heard people say they prefer a gamepad to a stick with this game, partly because of how many buttons there are.

I got the PS3 version over the 360 version mostly because of the controller. I will never put myself through playing a d-pad centric game on the 360 again. I don't want to revisit the rage I experienced in Lumines a few years ago :p

soooo, the netcode....

tried playing online last night, at best it was still a mess

a shame! really fun game, a great extension of MKII, which is my favorite in the series.

notworksafe

Broadbandito said:
Is there something wrong with playing online over psn (yes I know it hasn't been working).
Nothing wrong, just some people prefer Live. I'm a PSN guy myself but I get the appeal of Live if you have a solid base of friends on there.

SuperBonk

360 players:

How do you feel about the d-pad on the regular controller for this game? I think it's severely detracting from the experience as I sometimes have trouble landing specials and some of the more complicated combos are nearly impossible. What do you guys recommend?

SuperBonk said:
360 players:

How do you feel about the d-pad on the regular controller for this game? I think it's severely detracting from the experience as I sometimes have trouble landing specials and some of the more complicated combos are nearly impossible. What do you guys recommend?
I tried the old dpad and its terrible for this game (for me)like many others, but I am using that new transforming dpad and its amazing.

SuperBonk said:
360 players:

See my post above, #4563.

I hate hate HATE the 360 d-pad. I still can't believe it's been so many years and they have barely even updated it. It's basically worthless and not functional, IMO.

derFeef

The Lamonster said:
See my post above, #4563.

I hate hate HATE the 360 d-pad. I still can't believe it's been so many years and they have barely even updated it. It's basically worthless and not functional, IMO.
Would like to hear impressions for the new dpad thing. Thinking of getting one because I cant play with the SF4 stick either... :/

derFeef said:
Would like to hear impressions for the new dpad thing. Thinking of getting one because I cant play with the SF4 stick either... :/
The new dpad is very precise, I always get my inputs in with it, I would definitely pick one up or just run to the local gamestop and try one.

G-Fex

Going to continue on story mode today.

Loved two things I noticed yesterday, Sonya and Kitana.

Sonya: Oh Johnny
You shadow kicked and groin punched me, I'm strangely attracted to you after all
Kitana: Oh Liu
you bicycle kicked the shit out of my face then burned me with fireballs. I am in love

eshwaaz

Gary Whitta said:
Will get into Stryker's chapter tonight, interested to learn his moves as his fatality is so awesome I really want to make him my main :p
I was so pleased to see that NRS actually made Stryker into a cool, appealing character. Even his "in-between rounds" animation is really badass. Have you seen his second fatality yet? Sheesh. I'm not very good with him (or at this game in general, really), but I want to learn him thoroughly as well.

KaYotiX

Banned
quinntendopower said:
soooo, the netcode....

tried playing online last night, at best it was still a mess

a shame! really fun game, a great extension of MKII, which is my favorite in the series.

agree, i played 3 matches. One lagged out and the other guy DCd and the next 2 were press attack and watch it registered 2-3 secs later.

notworksafe

G-Fex said:
Going to continue on story mode today.

Loved two things I noticed yesterday, Sonya and Kitana.

Sonya: Oh Johnny
You shadow kicked and groin punched me, I'm strangely attracted to you after all
Kitana: Oh Liu
you bicycle kicked the shit out of my face then burned me with fireballs. I am in love
Liu and Johnny are the new Sean Connery.

eshwaaz said:
I was so pleased to see that NRS actually made Stryker into a cool, appealing character. Even his "in-between rounds" animation is really badass. Have you seen his second fatality yet? Sheesh. I'm not very good with him (or at this game in general, really), but I want to learn him thoroughly as well.
Even his normal (non-fatality) win animation is awesome.

R2D4

Banned
infinityBCRT said:
What are you doing here? Ryan said you're on your way to the offices right now on the live stream. lol

Might be hard to do with Giantbomb being down since last night for some reason.

Nvmd. JTV still works.

dankir

Just saw Shao Khan, Goro and Motoro's fatalities.

Pretty crazy indeed, but I think they started to run out of ideas lol. I guess cuz she only have 4 limbs lol.

SuperBonk

GhostRidah said:
I tried the old dpad and its terrible for this game (for me)like many others, but I am using that new transforming dpad and its amazing.
That's good to hear, I've always been tempted to pick that up but I've heard mixed reviews. I guess this game will be the one to make me give in. It's $45 on Amazon with the play and charge kit, so not bad. Are the SF4 pads any good? I was thinking of pick those up as they seem to have a pretty good d-pad but they're pretty much useless for any non-fighting game and I don't know if the button layout will work as well with MK.

bathala

Banned
SuperBonk said:
Are the SF4 pads any good?
this is wat I'm using. they are better than the 360.
I can pull off Kano's rolling move just by sliding my finger around the dpad.

I just remap the block button since RT is one of the face button

Chairhome

AEREC said:
Scorpions avatar outfit came with my TE and has a code for the female version of it...not sure how it looks though...
Thanks again for the code!

Here's how it looks. The tshirt was just a regular shirt with a Netherrealm Studios logo.

IMG_20110421_144749-vi.jpg

Teknoman

dankir said:
Just saw Shao Khan, Goro and Motoro's fatalities.

Pretty crazy indeed, but I think they started to run out of ideas lol. I guess cuz she only have 4 limbs lol.

When you've been doing inventive kills from the nineties...you kinda start to run low on originality after awhile :p Only so many ways to kill someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom