• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithorien

shagg_187 said:
Oh God, I hate this game so much that I'm returning it!

*keeps on playing it*

Oh God! The agony! Trading it in for MvC3!

*keeps on playing it*

Just a little more hate! Fuck the controls!

*keeps on playing it*

Stockholm syndrome anyone?

Yousefb

Just finished it, pretty awesome story mode I gotta say.

Though both Shao Khan fights sucked, and I can't believe they killed off half the fucking roster in one scene lol

Aske

MrMephistoX said:
Yeah me too just missing Kitana, Mileena, and Sub-Zero now. I've completed part one of my dastardly plot and picked up the Scorpion code; part two will commence when PSN goes back up and I return the game to Gamestop un-opened lol.

I can live without having the female MK3 alts or Ermac, but I want Reptile for his classic fatality, and it bugs me that I can see the ??? in his moves list. It is a ??? that I cannot resolve without the code!

I'm lucky to have Scorpion and Sub-Zero though. Having just one of them would feel so weird. So glad it was possible to get both.

derFeef said:
I thought you sold your game? Why are you still forcing yourself playing a game you seem to hate?

They wouldn't give me full price for it. I'd rather just unlock everything for use in multiplayer with buddies (costumes, fatalities) and keep it around for when we have gatherings of gamers than take a loss on it.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
shagg_187 said:
Oh God, I hate this game so much that I'm returning it!

*keeps on playing it*

Oh God! The agony! Trading it in for MvC3!

*keeps on playing it*

Just a little more hate! Fuck the controls!

*keeps on playing it*
Fairly accurate description of my experience.

LowParry

Well, today will be the day where I beat that damned final boss of all bosses. My strategy? Time out the fucker. >:) Get a few hits in, 50 seconds left. Jump, hemallameyyyyy! in the air. Back and forth. A few projectile lightning. Repeat. Asshole isn't going to know what hit him.

MThanded said:
Guessing you have never played soul calibur or almost any 3d fighter. Like I said this game is more akin to a 3d fighter in a single plane with no side stepping.

I totally disagree. In Soul Cali (and even recently in Soul Cali 4) you can cancel combos mid-way, you can interrupt combos quickly (without requiring a built up special bar) with well timed breakers, and yes, the ability to move around and dodge attacks rather than simply stand a block adds a lot.

The combat in Soul Cali feels ALOT more fluid to me.

Just my opinion though.

ThatCrazyGuy said:
You know what, maybe I'm weird, I think the characters are NOT cartoony enough.

Like all the males and females what the same body type basically (minus the bosses).

I wish some dudes were taller, shorter, had longer arms, different shaped arms, different shaped muscle masses.

I'm not an art guy, so maybe I am not explaining what I am seeing properly, but I wish everybody looked more different body wise (because I personally love the general character designs).
I'd noticed this too and I wonder if it has to do with the X-Ray/fully rendered skeletons? Or is it another case of keeping things the similar to the old games?

notworksafe

Aske said:
I can live without having the female MK3 alts or Ermac, but I want Reptile for his classic fatality, and it bugs me that I can see the ??? in his moves list. It is a ??? that I cannot resolve without the code!

I'm lucky to have Scorpion and Sub-Zero though. Having just one of them would feel so weird. So glad it was possible to get both.
The Kitana klassic would be nice (already have Jade, don't care to play Mileena so no rush on that) because I'm starting to like playing as her but dislike her costume, and her alt has too much manface. She looks like Liu Kang with a big rack. :\

LowParry

corrosivefrost said:
having trouble deciding on

FP BP TAG
FK BK BLK

or

FP BLK BP
FK TAG BK

anyone have any suggestions?

I have mine as:

None - FP - BP
BLK - FK - BK

Only because it feels like I'm playing Soul Caliber. But I'm playing more with the pad.
Though your first set up seems like what a lot others here are using. And it feels more comfortable. That bottom one though. Ick. Unless you're sporting the MK TE stick, I don't think I could recommend that set up. The BLK and Tag buttons make the other four feel very disjointed. But hey, it's a matter of preference and what's comfortable to you to play with. Just try them all through training of a character and roll with what's best.

CcrooK said:
Well, today will be the day where I beat that damned final boss of all bosses. My strategy? Time out the fucker. >:) Get a few hits in, 50 seconds left. Jump, hemallameyyyyy! in the air. Back and forth. A few projectile lightning. Repeat. Asshole isn't going to know what hit him.
Tried it. Doesn't work lol.

My tips:

Liu Kang:
1. Low fireball. Jump away as far as possible.
2. As soon as he is up: High Fireball. Make sure you are as far as possible.
3. Repeat 1-3

Raiden:
1. Psycho crusher (or as others may call it: AREBABARAYYYYYYY!!!)
2. When he gets up, jump over him and you will barely miss the hammer.
3. Uppercut.
4. Repeat 2-4.

MrMephistoX

Aske said:

Ermac surprised me; the glowing green eyes and psychic effects make a big difference but I do wish he had another fatality. I only want Sub and the ladies because I'm a completionist on the one hand and a mask fetishist on the other. The MK lady ninjas need masks and their default alts don't cut it ;) Sonya's fine by me though oddly enough.

CcrooK said:
So all this classic stuff is not obtained through the Krypt or Challenge tower? Gotta have the codes?
Rumor is that they are unlockable but no one knows how as of yet since Boon stated that everything on disc is unlockable. They are not unlockable in the Krypt, no.

As of now, you gotta have the codes.

Aske

notworksafe said:
The Kitana klassic would be nice (already have Jade, don't care to play Mileena so no rush on that) because I'm starting to like playing as her but dislike her costume, and her alt has too much manface. She looks like Liu Kang with a big rack. :\

I totally agree. If there were no fatalities involved, Kitana's costume would be my priority. But I can deal with her primary outfit until they release the DLC. I'd like Ermac too, before worrying about Mileena or Jade. I miss his trollish character portrait from UMK3. He somehow made the generic ninja mask look condescending and dickish. It was awesome.

I wonder if we'll ever get the classic ninja costumes from MK 2 and 3. I'd use those all the time! I miss the simple, clean look of the UMK3 ninjas.

malfcn

Friend just told me another lay out he is using that sounds good.
They described it as Mahvel style.

Can't remember what the (...) buttons were.

(FP)(BP)(FK)(ST)
(BK)(TH)(TG)(BK)

To me that may work, but having (FK) on the button makes more sense.

(FP)(BP)(BK)(ST)
(FK)(TH)(TG)(BK)

Puts almost everything on your finger tips.

LowParry

shagg_187 said:
Rumor is that they are unlockable but no one knows how as of yet since Boon stated that everything on disc is unlockable. They are not unlockable in the Krypt, no.

As of now, you gotta have the codes.

Hrm. Well, I'm in no real rush. Whenever someone figures it out, then I'll work on getting them. In mean times, on with the show for story mode.

malfcn said:
Friend just told me another lay out he is using that sounds good.
They described it as Mahvel style.

Can't remember what the (...) buttons were.

(FP)(BP)(FK)(ST)
(BK)(TH)(TG)(BK)

To me that may work, but having (FK) on the button makes more sense.

(FP)(BP)(BK)(ST)
(FK)(TH)(TG)(BK)

Puts almost everything on your finger tips.

And holy shit at those set ups. You'll be spending more time learning what button does what than a character. And no, you should not be playing this game as a Mahvel style. Terrible idea. lol

G-Fex

I feel a little bad all I did was
low fireball while dodging his spears, I did this for two rounds straight

Khan's a bastard cause since he literally ignores moves and defies everything he will just shoulder rush you into oblivion so getting close for combos is not a option like all the other enemies I've beaten.

Prodigal

Banned
So apparently I was reading about 4 secret spots in the Krypt...if any of you guys are familiar with them, do you know how to unlock them or whatever? I followed the instructions but didn't really see anything.

can someone please let me know if i can unlock level fatalities in the Krypt? I've unlocked a lot of other shit in there but I only have scorpion's level fatality because I remembered it from the demo :/

Prodigal said:
So apparently I was reading about 4 secret spots in the Krypt...if any of you guys are familiar with them, do you know how to unlock them or whatever? I followed the instructions but didn't really see anything.

The area with the graves has green bugs that are easy to spot if you follow the directions. Takes a bit of shuffling the camera for it to highlight. Finding the one in the swamp was too much of a hassle so I ignored the rest. I wipe my ass with 5k after getting the 100k bankroll from story mode.

Aske

Prodigal said:

Look for the green bugs on the ground. Get close to them, but keep them in the frame, and after a few seconds the secret will unlock. The trickiest one is on the wall in the forest, so don't be surprised if you have to move around a few times to get it in focus and trigger the unlock.

Tokubetsu

I hope the release the DLC outfits for all the ninjas soon. I only have Ermac and Reptile's but they're so fucking nice. Especially the way they work with ermacs character. Looks so badass when you do his xray.

Struct09

Frogfucious said:
can someone please let me know if i can unlock level fatalities in the Krypt? I've unlocked a lot of other shit in there but I only have scorpion's level fatality because I remembered it from the demo :/

I would just look up on the net how to do them, they will show up in your moves list after doing them once.

notworksafe

Prodigal said:
http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthre...fin-Labels-amp-Rewards-Compilation-*SPOILERS*
At the top of this post it has the locations

Kurtofan said:
How do you try out extra fatalities?
Fatality trainer if you know the inputs.

Frogfucious said:
I want to do it legit though, if your meant to find out through the Krypt that's cool, I just want to know level fatalities are able to be found there. Or if you're meant to go online searching?
They are not in the Krypt. I think you are meant to look them up online.

Struct09 said:
I would just look up on the net how to do them, they will show up in your moves list after doing them once.
I want to do it legit though, if your meant to find out through the Krypt that's cool, I just want to know level fatalities are able to be found there. Or if you're meant to go online searching?

MrMephistoX

Tokubetsu said:
I hope the release the DLC outfits for all the ninjas soon. I only have Ermac and Reptile's but they're so fucking nice. Especially the way they work with ermacs character. Looks so badass when you do his xray.

Totally agree; Ermac's glowing green eyes totally make the outfit, in fact, I've found most of the outfits I thought borderline disappointing in videos and screenshots to be a lot better in person: even Reptile.

Put about 3hrs into the story mode and am now at Chap. 10

Pretty enjoyable, although the 2-on-1 matches can be a real pain in the ass sometimes

Sonya does seem like the ideal character to use to rack up multiple hit combos

G-Fex

lazybones18 said:
Put about 3hrs into the story mode and am now at Chap. 10

Pretty enjoyable, although the 2-on-1 matches can be a real pain in the ass sometimes

Sonya does seem like the ideal character to use to rack up multiple hit combos

Tell me about it. The Mileena/Noob match and Shang/Quan Chi were just pissing me off.

Struct09

Frogfucious said:

I'm pretty sure they're not in the Krypt, so I don't know if there's a "legit" way to find them out :(

Chairhome

notworksafe said:
They are not in the Krypt. I think you are meant to look them up online.
Seeing how much of a problem Boon had with the internet posting fatalities back in the day, I think you're supposed to figure them out yourself, haha.
but i probably won't. I posted last night that I was able to figure out one of Reptile's fatalities in fatality tutorial by pure luck, and it really felt rewarding, but it would take forever to figure everyone's out, haha. Maybe I'll just figure out my main's.

I'm pretty surprised people are having issues with Khan.
In the final fight use Raiden's teleport to get behind behind him as he attacks (which he always does) if it's slow you'll be able to punish, if it's his shoulder charge you won't be able to punish but you'll port behind him unscathed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom