• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

Gary Whitta said:
Fffuuuuu the Giant Bomb tourney is being held on PS3! I'm already screwed!
Use the D-Pad, set Block to R1 and use Square+X to do a throw!

You got this, mang!

EDIT: Also, play top tier only. NPC Shao Khan 4 lyf!

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Since the last trade fell through since I'm a dolt and didn't specify PS3/360:

If anyone's interested in trading your Reptile costume/fatality code (360) for my Sub-Zero code (360), PM me!

RedAssedApe

Banned
notworksafe said:
The Kitana klassic would be nice (already have Jade, don't care to play Mileena so no rush on that) because I'm starting to like playing as her but dislike her costume, and her alt has too much manface. She looks like Liu Kang with a big rack. :\

It does makes sense though. It would explain why Liu Kang did not want to rule Outworld at her side. :D

Chamber

love on your sleeve
G-Fex said:
Tell me about it. The Mileena/Noob match and Shang/Quan Chi were just pissing me off.
I got leveled by Shang Tsung and Reptile and just quit the mode. Try again later tonight I guess.

Anticitizen One said:
What is the best strategy for the
Rayden vs. Shao Kahn fight on the rooftop
?

Try to stay at long range and teleport behind him when he does his projectiles. From there do some kind of combo/knockout, back up to stay at range when he gets up so he'll throw another projectile, rinse and repeat

Last night I finished Story Mode, really enjoyed it. Final battle requires cheese again but it's even easier than the first fight with him so did quickly. One thing that was almost a big concern
when you fight the spirits of the other combatants summoned by Quan Chi, I initially thought you'd have to fight all 8 or so in a row the way it started going haha I was pissed until I beat the third person and it 'ended' that first fight, phew. Also, was ever so slightly disappointed that we didn't get to be every character, really seemed like it was heading in that direction and I was looking forward to trying Noob and Ermac all story mode long. Oh well, guess I'll try them in other modes :)

Ran through the training and fatality training mode afterwards for the achievements and did all the fatality 1's to see what they looked like. Then ran off to the krypt and spent all that monies. Unlocked over 50 percent (got the achievement for 50 percent) and stumbled on the secret chests in there by accident. I was excited to report it only to find out there were already guides showing the location of all 4 :| Should have known since people got this game early haha

I'm going to main Smoke which is funny because I chose my avatar before the game came out thinking I'd main Ermac or Noob at the time but now it works out. Ermac and Noob will probably be my main rotation players/tag team partners. Noob has one of the most amazing arrays of special moves out of all the characters IMO but his combos don't come as naturally button mashing, I'd have to look up some combos. Ermac seems pretty well balanced. I'm maining Smoke because his specials address pretty much anything an opponent could throw at you and very important for me, he's fast. Was relieved to see his fatality is awesome too, probably my favorite of the fatality 1's or at least up there. Fatality 2 isn't as good though.
Wonder how you unlock Babalities in this game? By beating ladder with each character? Maybe through challenge tower. Pretty sure they aren't in the krypt

G-Fex

Chamber said:
I got leveled by Shang Tsung and Reptile and just quit the mode. Try again later tonight I guess.

I almost quit a few times, Quan-chi is a pain in the ass so is Noob. Buuuut jumping in with a few combos upclose and connecting to some moves actually works.

My hands hurt a lot now.

Anticitizen One said:
What is the best strategy for the
Rayden vs. Shao Kahn fight on the rooftop
?

What Absoluda said but I'd say uppercut instead of combo, it's fast (both execution and recovery) and does decent damage. If you wait until he fires projectiles at you, you'll get it off no problem without ever getting hit. Just make sure to teleport back out after uppercut, just back and forth ;) Also would run in and use x-ray when it came up to speed things up and for the lolz

Glass Joe

Darn, these alts aren't very inspiring. I expected a maskless Sub Zero (MK3) and bald Kano (MK1). Or at least for them to appear, you know... different. Hrmm...

My ideal DLC, just tossin' it out there -- it's not true at all, just what I'd love to see.

MK1 Pack
*All retro costumes for the original 7 playable fighters.
*All retro fatalities for the original 7.
*Includes the 2(?) missing MK1 arenas (Warrior Shrine, Palace Gates).
*Opens up original announcer, music, and character select music.
*Puts test your might back in the arcade ladder.
*Re-introduces Reptile clues before random fights (Look to La Luna, etc).

That would be awesome. SF4's DLC I think was 5 costumes at $3.99 each, so something in the $7-$10 range for each would be fair IMO (after all, costume wise, the male Ninjas are still just pallet swaps). I'd like to see something similar with MK2 as well.

LowParry

Alright. Beat story mode. Damn did I cheese that one out. lol

I really enjoyed the story mode and I hope we get a MK10 that continues it because of the changed things they did. Challenge Tower. You're next!

Glass Joe said:
Darn, these alts aren't very inspiring. I expected a maskless Sub Zero (MK3) and bald Kano (MK1). Or at least for them to appear, you know... different. Hrmm...

I was underwhelmed by some of them too. My favorite is probably Ermac's, that hood is so cool, wish Smoke's alt was like that :( Oh well, while overly simple, at least Smoke's hides that ridiculous hair ;)

CcrooK said:
Alright. Beat story mode. Damn did I cheese that one out. lol

I really enjoyed the story mode and I hope we get a MK10 that continues it because of the changed things they did. Challenge Tower. You're next!

they will, that ending was to set it up, with Shinnok and Quan Chi. Setting up the story for part 4. Only thing is that so many main characters died so I don't know how they'd do it. They can do part 4, DA,Deception but I don't think people would be interested if it was just all the new characters from those games. You have to have Subzero and Liu Kang, etc. in the mix. Should be interesting to see what they do.

MrMephistoX

Glass Joe said:

My ideal DLC, just tossin' it out there -- it's not true at all, just what I'd love to see.

MK1 Pack

That would be awesome. SF4's DLC I think was 5 costumes at $3.99 each, so something in the $7-$10 range for each would be fair IMO (after all, costume wise, the male Ninjas are still just pallet swaps). I'd like to see something similar with MK2 as well.
Me too at least on the outfits front. The only missing fatalitity from MK1 I care about is Sonya's. Cartwheel uppercut Liu Kang is best left forgotten.

Glass Joe

MrMephistoX said:
Me too at least on the outfits front. The only missing fatalitity from MK1 I care about is Sonya's. Cartwheel uppercut Liu Kang is best left forgotten.

Well, it's already back, in X-Ray form at least :) But yeah I wonder if there's a story about that particular fatality? Seven characters, 6 violent fatalities... and Liu Kang's. Did they want a "moral character" that didn't kill, or did they just think it was cooler than it was, or run out of time, or what?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
a3bFB.jpg

Boss.

LowParry

Squall ASF said:
they will, that ending was to set it up, with Shinnok and Quan Chi. Setting up the story for part 4. Only thing is that so many main characters died so I don't know how they'd do it. They can do part 4, DA,Deception but I don't think people would be interested if it was just all the new characters from those games. You have to have Subzero and Liu Kang, etc. in the mix. Should be interesting to see what they do.

Zombie Liu Kang confirmed

TheHakku

Glass Joe said:

MK1 Pack

This. 100% this. MK1+2+UMK3 packs.

Big One

Banned
Squall ASF said:
True. That really means that they can either re-adapt those games (technically the events of Deadly Alliance shouldn't happen cause
Shang Tsung is deeeaaddd
), or they can do something completely different. I wouldn't mind taking the cast of those three games and just revamping them to be decent characters somehow or another. These are all of the characters NOT in MK9:

MK3:
Rain
Motaro

MKT:
Khameleon
Chameleon

MK4:
Reiko
Jarek
Tanya
Kai
Fujin
Shinnok
Meat

Deadly Alliance:
Bo'Rai Cho
Li Mei
Mavado
Nitara
Drahmin
Frost
Hsu Hao
Mokap
Blaze
Moloch

Deception:
Shujinko
Hotaru
Ashrah
Havik
Kobra
Dairou
Kira
Darrius
Onaga

Armageddon:
Taven
Daegon

Pick your poison! Personally I wouldn't mind some more original characters to break this mold of shit.

noob and kung lao's teleports are sooooo abusive, they need to be toned down a little bit, at least with scorpions teleport and ermacs there is a little bit of a delay, but those two oooh man especially with online lag like it is.

spent the last 45 minutes playing online with my cousin, some great matches since we hardly lag between each other, i'm improving.

Frankfurt

Banned
People like Antitype baffle me. Complaining about the block button "not making sense", complaining about how combos work.

WHY would anyone want games to be the same?

You're like a friend of mine who dismisses any FPS that doesn't play a specific way! It's absurd! The BEST thing a game can do is find new ways to do something. It's already bad enough they went with dashing instead of the run button, and you people want it to be MORE like everything else out there?

I'm a fighting game fan since before SF2 (before Fighting Street, even) and I think devs stopped being creative a long time ago, and I now know why - because of boring-ass people that say you can't counter out of hit stun, can't have a block button in a 2d fighter and can't have dial combos.

Jesus Christ, complain about it once, twice. Hell, post three times if it gets your rocks off. But don't post a dozen times about how much MK sucks and how much better other fighting games are and how you have already sold the game oops, you're still playing and you hate the game oops, you're keeping it.

Just fucking break the damn disc and never post in a damn Mortal Kombat thread ever again. You'll be doing us all a favor.

JimiNutz

Banned
Any word on weather there are any 'god like' characters, or is everyone pretty balanced?
Likewise are there any really underpowered characters to avoid?

george_us

Kweh said:
Wow, they made Jax fun to play.
Honestly almost every character in the game seems fun as well to play with. Sub-Zero is the only one I'm having a hard time grasping but I assume he be devastating in the right hands.

CcrooK said:
Zombie Liu Kang confirmed
interestingly his
zombie
model is on the stairs at the start, so they have him modeled already, the dlc characters are also in the intro with already made models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom