• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Lost Fragment said:
lol @ story mode

Almost everyone BUT Johnny Cage dies. What is this I don't even

Most of them are trapped in the Netherrealm, I imagine the next MK's story will focus largely on freeing them.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Get into a match against Jeff, character screen lagged and I ended up with Mileena instead of Nightwolf. That was followed by me getting destroyed because I hadn't played Mileena yet. :(

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Sinatar said:
Most of them are trapped in the Netherrealm, I imagine the next MK's story will focus largely on freeing them.

Yeah probably. Goku will be the PS3-exclusive character and they'll go around looking for the dragonballs to revive them with.

I remember how disappointed I was when I found out Reptile was a low-tier jobber in MK2.

It's disappointing to see nothing has changed.

Her was such a badass as a hidden character in MK1. He had all this mystique, and it was completely wasted.

But to be fair, he has arguably the best fight scene end-to-end in the MK movie, so that's something.

Goddamnit, I'm so pissed PSN is down. I was really looking forward to playing KOTH. I would just play it on XBL but I swear to god I can't stand all the stupid shit people say. Not everyone should have a mic :(

Oh well, I need my fix, XBL it is I guess.

The Antitype said:
I remember how disappointed I was when I found out Reptile was a low-tier jobber in MK2.

It's disappointing to see nothing has changed.

Her was such a badass as a hidden character in MK1. He had all this mystique, and it was completely wasted.

But to be fair, he has arguably the best fight scene end-to-end in the MK movie, so that's something.

Well you will be happy to find out that reptile is godly in MK9.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
re: the game's netcode

http://testyourmight.com/forum/show...ot-looking-good.&p=41776&viewfull=1#post41776

Tom Brady said:
look, nrs knows about it.

stop crying now, please. it takes time to fix this right, you cant just slip in a line of code and.. POW! FIXED!

mods, close this thread..

players, nrs knows.

NRS apologeticism aside, it's good to know they're aware of it.

The Antitype said:
Deciding a character is low-tier 3 days in

VJgAH.jpg

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Lost Fragment said:
re: the game's netcode

http://testyourmight.com/forum/show...ot-looking-good.&p=41776&viewfull=1#post41776

Tom Brady said:
look, nrs knows about it.

stop crying now, please. it takes time to fix this right, you cant just slip in a line of code and.. POW! FIXED!

mods, close this thread..

players, nrs knows.

NRS apologeticism aside, it's good to know they're aware of it.

You have brought a tiny ray of sunshine into my day. Hopefully they can actually fix it and it's not just horseshit damage control.

TommyManberg said:
Well you will be happy to find out that reptile is godly in MK9.

Really? I've heard nothing but bad things about him.

And I've done nothing but destroy people using him online (with Smoke and Sub Zero).

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
wtf how long has GAF supported nested quotes?

Sinatar said:
You have brought a tiny ray of sunshine into my day. Hopefully they can actually fix it and it's not just horseshit damage control.

Yeah if this was Capcom I'd say it was BS. Still might be BS, but I guess we'll see.

Maybe this guy just assumes NRS knows about it and is planning on a fix. This is one of the guys that did the guide though IIRC so maybe he's actually talked to them about it.

Khezu

The Antitype said:
Really? I've heard nothing but bad things about him.

And I've done nothing but destroy people using him online (with Smoke and Sub Zero).

Reptile is awesome, a great zoner and can do some silly juggles with his force balls.
The people you were fighting were just bad.

Khezu said:
Reptile is awesome, a great zoner and can do some silly juggles with his force balls.
The people you were fighting were just bad.

Well...that makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

If only I had a classic skin. Would bring back memories of fighting him in arcades and getting my ass kicked.

To be fair, I was like 10, and totally not allowed to be in the arcades. So that may had added to the cool factor.

naib

una mas!!

edit: dos mas.
ken v ryu

I wish I hadn't entered the scorp code. I'd trade it for Ermac's so fast.
MB.

Glass Joe

notworksafe said:
It seems to be a bug where fatalities won't appear for player 2 in offline versus even after unlocked. Happens on both Xbox and PS3. :\

I'm hoping it's something that can be fixed soon.

Maybe while they're at it they could rework the menu so the fatalities up immediately? Instead of simply pressing start and seeing it on screen like we should, you have to hit start, hit a button, and scroll down to find them. A little long winded. In fact, basic moves should be on page 2 of the menu instead, if anything. I know X punches, NetherRealm.

Dorky nitpick complaint? Maybe. But it feels like an added insult to lose a match and then have to watch player 2 fumble through the menus.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Glass Joe said:
Maybe while they're at it they could rework the menu so the fatalities up immediately? Instead of simply pressing start and seeing it on screen like we should, you have to hit start, hit a button, and scroll down to find them. A little long winded. In fact, basic moves should be on page 2 of the menu instead, if anything. I know X punches, NetherRealm.

Dorky nitpick complaint? Maybe. But it feels like an added insult to lose a match and then have to watch player 2 fumble through the menus.

While they are at it, they should let you keep the command list open at all times during training mode.

Glass Joe

notworksafe said:
no blocks (re: Babalities)

Is that true? That's good to know and I'm glad they put some kind of condition for the "humiliation" like the old days. I read you could just do 'em no matter what. I've only done one to try it out and thought it was cool, sort of combines friendship elements in them.

Also regarding the net code, realistically what this means is that NetherRealm probably doesn't understand the complexities of that part of coding. Since they'd have to learn what's wrong and THEN learn how to fix it, I don't think this can be resolved overnight (if at all), sadly. If it was something simple / overlooked, I doubt it would have happened in the first place, ya know?

KaYotiX

Banned
Absoludacrous said:
Yea, I will say the second time I played Jeff it was really smooth.

They just need to iron out searching, and keeping the servers up.

yup, i played 5 matches tonight and only 1 lagged really bad. The game is alot of fun online. More fun than MvC3 for me personally.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Glass Joe said:
Is that true? That's good to know and I'm glad they put some kind of condition for the "humiliation" like the old days. I read you could just do 'em no matter what. I've only done one to try it out and thought it was cool, sort of combines friendship elements in them.

This is why babalities are awesome, and the only finishers worth doing after you've already seen your character's fatality a couple dozen times.

Vestal

FINALLY FINISHED Story mode...

Took me about 2hrs to to get through the last fight..

For those that want to know a good strat, which eventually gave me 1 flawless victory and a half on in that fight.. here it is...

Max range.. Lightning bolt.. when he is about to cast hammer or spear teleport and lightning fly. rinse repeat..(can throw in a Xray after TP aswell) Have to make sure to keep max distance and DONT TRADE range attacks.. either u attack first or jump/dodge the attack.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom