• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT THE FUCK. FUCKING FIG
HTING SHAO KAHN WITH RAIDEN IN STORY MODE. THIS STUPID FUCKING BRUTE DOESN'T WANNA LET ME ATTACK. NOTHING. OMFGGGGGGGGGG. HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO ANYTHING? HE BLOCKS 90% OF YOUR COMBOS AND SWINGS THAT STUPID ASS HAMMER AROUND. FUCKING RAAAAGE, MAN. DX

Vestal said:
FINALLY FINISHED Story mode...

Took me about 2hrs to to get through the last fight..

For those that want to know a good strat, which eventually gave me 1 flawless victory and a half on in that fight.. here it is...

Max range.. Lightning bolt.. when he is about to cast hammer or spear teleport and lightning fly. rinse repeat..(can throw in a Xray after TP aswell) Have to make sure to keep max distance and DONT TRADE range attacks.. either u attack first or jump/dodge the attack.)
I actually tried doing that. But once he gets you with a hammer, you're all 'finish him' mode and he's able to get close and hammer you up. Maybe I'll try and really be wary of those hammers next time and see if it helps any. This fight is SO frustrating.

bangladesh said:
WHAT THE FUCK. FUCKING FIG
HTING SHAO KAHN WITH RAIDEN IN STORY MODE. THIS STUPID FUCKING BRUTE DOESN'T WANNA LET ME ATTACK. NOTHING. OMFGGGGGGGGGG. HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO ANYTHING? HE BLOCKS 90% OF YOUR COMBOS AND SWINGS THAT STUPID ASS HAMMER AROUND. FUCKING RAAAAGE, MAN. DX
Lol!

Two tricks:

1. Teleport and uppercut
2. Jump over and uppercut

Sorry but you have to cheese the cheese.

LowParry

shagg_187 said:
Lol!

Two tricks:

1. Teleport and uppercut
2. Jump over and uppercut

Sorry but you have to cheese the cheese.

I actually have a much better trick that does more damage ;)

After you score a knock down, if you stand in front of him, he's always going to use his hammer. Once he's back up, you jump over and do his four hit combo, followed by the move that electrifies. Which in turns, causes another knock down, and you jump over and do the same thing. You'll be done in no time. The teleport shit is too much work for something so easy.

sooperkool said:
This is cute: Shao Khan
babality

http://www.justin.tv/cill42/b/284220390

That's exactly my idea of how kill Khan with ease. lol

Fantasmo

Challenge Tower is really ruined by the AI's inability to fight normally.

Some have the AI set too low.
Some have the AI set to .00000000000001 second reaction time with 300hit combos.
The ones that are too hard need to be exploited or gotten with luck.

Really annoyed that PSN is down.

Unicorn

junkster said:
Challenge Tower is really ruined by the AI's inability to fight normally.

Some have the AI set too low.
Some have the AI set to .00000000000001 second reaction time with 300hit combos.
The ones that are too hard need to be exploited or gotten with luck.

Really annoyed that PSN is down.
Welcome to singleplayer in fighting games.

shagg_187 said:
Nobody wants to trade their Reptile skin for Scorpion's? :/ lol

Unlikely, dude.
I jumped on using my reptile skin -- though I should have considered selling it, since I'm positive all of these will show up as DLC...

Of all the redesigns, I thought reptile's was the worst.
The only other one I'd consider on the same level is smoke potentially.
Scorpion and Sub-Zero/Kitana and Jade seem pretty close to what they orginally were or at least true to spirit.
Ermac's is a bit different, but I still think it retains that "ninja" feel and I think it looks badass... he's on my list of characters to look into learning...

Definitely think Reptile's code is the most worthy to get rid of his normal costumes.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
What the shit!? How do you beat the
army of the undead as Raiden? And how many are there?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Reptile looks a thousand times better than 'ninja'

don't know what you people are talking about. especially his alt costume

Jonm1010

Banned
Fun game has now been completely ruined by the most fucking ridiculously god fucking awful final boss fight.

This game has gone from an 8 or 9 to a fucking 3 or 4.

Pathetic.

Fucking awful.

Should be fucking ashamed netherealm for such lazy and piss poor gameplay design.

Jonm1010 said:
Fun game has now been completely ruined by the most fucking ridiculously god fucking awful final boss fight.

Pathetic.

Fucking awful.

Should be fucking ashamed netherealm for such lazy and piss poor gameplay design.

Jump over him when he's getting up.

Teleport behind him when he throws projectiles.

Not that hard, just have to cheese it.

Kurod

Banned
Jonm1010 said:

Pathetic.

Fucking awful.

"It's official..."yadda yadda.

Cheesy bosses? Just cheese back.

Unicorn

Jonm1010 said:

Pathetic.

Fucking awful.

I guess most people only play fighting games against other people. A lot of people here are bitching about cheesey boss fights in a fighting game. It's been the standard for over 20 years.

Fucking deal with it.

TommyManberg said:
YOu have to beat 3 with one health bar. It sucks.
My key was to use a good 3 hit combo and chase down the opponent. Don't forget to block/crouch/evade, it's very important. And use the x-ray attacks as soon as you get the opportunity.

Jonm1010 said:

Pathetic.

Fucking awful.

Yeah, a fighting game is ruined because of a boss fight.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I got the achievement for fighting
Noob while he was in the background. I lost to him though, is there an actual prize for beating him like that?

zoner said:
So I got the achievement for fighting
Noob while he was in the background. I lost to him though, is there an actual prize for beating him like that?

People have defeated all the secret characters and it didnt unlock anything.

Jonm1010 said:

Pathetic.

Fucking awful.

Should be fucking ashamed netherealm for such lazy and piss poor gameplay design

LOL

Sblargh

Banned
Yeah, people, cmon, I been defeating Shao Kahn almost flawessly just jumping over and uppercuting with any character. Try to learn how the boss works before raging.

Also, about the new MK story:
isn't Raiden an Elder God, now? Can't he just resurrect everyone if he feels he have a good reason?

Sblargh said:
Yeah, people, cmon, I been defeating Shao Kahn almost flawessly just jumping over and uppercuting with any character. Try to learn how the boss works before raging.

isn't Raiden an Elder God, now? Can't he just resurrect everyone if he feels he have a good reason?

I don't think he is due to the way this story paned(sp) out.

Sblargh said:

I don't think he's an Elder God now, I think they just lent him some of their juice since he was the only one left to fight Kahn.

I felt like the story mode ending was
more a reminder to prepare another 60 bucks because a sequel is imminent. Super anti-climatic. They beat Kahn, reviewed their losses and went home.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
bangladesh said:
I felt like the story mode ending was
more a reminder to prepare another 60 bucks because a sequel is imminent. Super anti-climatic. They beat Kahn, reviewed their losses and went home.
Or it's just a reference to the already existing future of the series. It's not like those were new characters.

jtrov

Really enjoying this game online. I've fallen in love with Cyrax all over again, and I'm starting to really understand the mechanics of this MK. The juggling system is finally starting to click with me and it's amazing being able to punish people for such high damage at times.

Still, the "Game is no longer available" shit is annoying as hell. Especially when now I'm starting to get random "disconnects" on my stat sheet for it. I'm assuming we're both awarded a disconnect, but it's like a double wammy when your not awarded the win, but instead a disconnect.

A slight flaw in the system, but I'm having a great time regardless. This game is bringing back some great MK memories of the past and I love it.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Jonm1010 said:

Pathetic.

Fucking awful.

The bosses in this game are more like Mega Man bosses than fighting game bosses. Usually fighting game bosses just have a bunch of BS tools and the AI cranks up the difficulty and goes mad random. In MK however, the bosses are designed with certain patterns and holes that you're specifically supposed to take advantage of. If you attack when you're not supposed to, you're gonna get hit you with some super armor BS.

So man up and use your brain. It's people who just want to get to a boss, press a button, and watch them fall over that make it so hard for me to find games that are actually challenging these days.

zoner said:
Or it's just a reference to the already existing future of the series. It's not like those were new characters.
Only character
introduced at the end was Shinnok. I thought there would at least be a really cool flashy sequence before it.
Oh well, still love the game for everything else.

Xtyle

Lost Fragment said:
The bosses in this game are more like Mega Man bosses than fighting game bosses. Usually fighting game bosses just have a bunch of BS tools and the AI cranks up the difficulty and goes mad random. In MK however, the bosses are designed with certain patterns and holes that you're specifically supposed to take advantage of. If you attack when you're not supposed to, you're gonna get hit you with some super armor BS.

So man up and use your brain. It's people who just want to get to a boss, press a button, and watch them fall over that make it so hard for me to find games that are actually challenging these days.

People complain about hard end bosses like Seth (he sure kicks my ass) and other fighting game bosses. But unlike MK bosses, they actually use the same game rules, mostly. In MK, some game rules don't apply to the bosses. I like that it is epic and challenging but at the same time, the only way I can beat them at the moment is doing cheap jump tactics.

Jonm1010 said:

Pathetic.

Fucking awful.

Yeah, bosses are tough.

Maybe you need the strategy guide?

I don't get why
the elder gods up and decided to intervene and lend Raiden their power. He fucking kills Liu Kang to prevent Shao Kahn from being beaten (even though a mortal kombat wasn't taking place?) and then the elder gods make him super sayian and he beats Shao Kahn. What?

shadyspace said:
I don't get why
the elder gods up and decided to intervene and lend Raiden their power. He fucking kills Liu Kang to prevent Shao Kahn from being beaten (even though a mortal kombat wasn't taking place?) and then the elder gods make him super sayian and he beats Shao Kahn. What?

I believe it's cause in the normal time line, Kang beats Kahn, the worlds are never merged, so the gods never intervene. Thus the rest of the games play out like they do.

This time though nobody challenges him, so he begins the merging process, which finally causes the gods to step in, giving Raiden the power to put him down This sends him to, i'm assuming, imprisonment by the Elder Gods. Which changes something, I dunno, since technically Kahn dies at the beginning of 5 anyway, so who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom