• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Thats something on your end. While the matches aren't alway smooth, I've had zero issues actually connecting to the online.

I very much doubt it's my connection considering loads of people are complaining about it on Reddit and on the WBPlay forums. Not to mention every other game works perfectly, and my connection is rock solid fibre.

Some people just want to do nothing but use their meter for xray. If you see me land the corner combo for 33% multiple times use a combo breaker and pick your opportunity to fight back.

Yup. All the damn time. It makes me salty when I actually try to do big damage combos and then they pull out the X-Ray hitting me and causing big damage.

But I guess that's a different situation. Lol

sixghost

Are there any defensive characters with good normals and don't rely on projectiles in this game? Something like Chunli or balrog from sf4? I can't really find someone that suits me so far.

Majestad

Banned
So who's everyone maining and how's your training going?

Cassie here and she is so awesome and fun to play as. I just need to come up with better combos and not rely too much on cornered opponents, although she is great as a rush down character.

This game is so fucking broken it's nearly unplayable for me. I have the PS4 version.

Error CE-34878
Every time I start the game, it crashes as soon as it gets to the copyright screen. I reinstalled, erased my save data, restarted my PS4, there is no 'fix.

There is a workaround, which involves shutting off the network connection, starting the game, and restarting the network connection. This has the wonderful side effect of possibly corrupting saves.

The thread about this on the official support forum went like three days before any kind of WB or NRS response happened.

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Sup...Minutes-of-Launch-ce-34878/m-p/463958#U463958

Now, once I risk corrupted saves and get into the game, I have the following issues:
-Can't view or connect to any of the online rooms. "Chat server is unavailable."
-Faction War section works 20% of the time. When it does work, It says I haven't done any of the challenges the past 6 days, even though I did all 3 on every single day.
-I can't look at my online profile/record half the time.
-Can't view any kind of online leaderboard.
-Back when I COULD connect to the online rooms, either everyone's ping failed to load ever, or they all showed up as zero bars. A room of 100 people supposedly in my same state, and 100 examples of pure grey on the ping.

The mobile game is a whole other goddamn mess.

-Until just today, it never gave me the 'player assist/attack' option.
-Game is lagging and taking forever to load (Iphone 6+)
-The 'Faction War' and "Raiden Challenge Modes", two thirds of the options in the goddamn game, have never been available to play.
-I clicked on a free gift and nothing happened
-There is no timer anymore after the "time until bonus missions reset" section

Another one to add to my list: "WBPlay is not available."

Fucking fuck.

A-V-B

Cassie here and she is so awesome and fun to play as. I just need to come up with better combos and not rely too much on cornered opponents, although she is great as a rush down character.

I'm juggling between Kung Jin, D'Vorah, and Jax, in that order. With a bit of Erron Black.

Trickster

Using Cassie as well. But I'm not really very good. What makes her a good rush down character?

Okay GAF, I'm currently torn between buying this and Bloodborne as a self-reward for finishing the academic year.

Somebody pitch me this game as a guy who's only played 9 minutes total of MK1 and MK9. I own and still play Injustice though if that matters.
Should I also catch-up by watching MK9's story on YT?
No way you can get both? Also, depends on which genre you prefer, because both are sterling examples of Action/RPG and fighting games, respectively.

A-V-B

BTW, does anyone play Ferra/Torr? The character seems kinda underpowered.

Man online is still so bad. I can't do a single b&b with Kenshi with all the lag,its like playing through mud.

I hear you bro. Most of my combos are easy 3-buttons because any sense of timing is pure chaos.

OmegaDL50

Just an FYI, steam can't update files, it has to totally reacquire the whole file. So if a game is one file that's 3gb, and a patch changes a 00 to a FF somewhere, that's a 3gb download.

It's a strange method. So it's not really fixing broken files, but rather downloading replacements and overwriting the old ones.

Unfortunately in the case of the recent update that was 15.4GB. Apparently some things (Sky Temple) for instance that issues before were fixed, but things that worked before (Dead Woods) are now broken.

So the patch both fixed and created problems.

I think I'm going to hold out buying on day one from now on, unless its a game I absolutely must have.

I would hope the games issues are fixed and everything is working to a science two weeks after release.

zlatko

Banned
I've been reading combos online for a good hour with myself in training.

So many people try to squeeze so much, forgetting about damage scaling that a simple uppercut finisher, or just doing a neutral jump into upper cut finisher would net them more damage and less execution headaches.

I'm talking about you Takeda players.

zlatko

Banned

I hear you bro. Most of my combos are easy 3-buttons because any sense of timing is pure chaos.

Ferra/Torr as it stands is low tier as hell. I don't see what variant would make me say otherwise.

A-V-B

Ferra/Torr as it stands is low tier as hell. I don't see what variant would make me say otherwise.

Like, maybe this was just me spending so little training time with them, but most of their combo potential comes only from EX moves. That's an inherent weakness.

bodine1231

Yeah if I want any chance I have to zone like crazy. I can't even get b2 into shoryu to register. If its not fixed in the next couple weeks I'll probably just trade it in. There' s no point in playing a fighting game with bad online.

I just don't want NRS to just recycle old outfits. This is something that plauges the Japanese fighting games and has now encroached on Namco as well who were the best at making new new designs.
They use the same themes, concepts and silhouettes (like Scorpion/Sub-Zero), not the EXACT same outfit. Those are nice as special alts but I can do without the Klassic skins. I want an updated outfit, not those other guys + green.

Ermac is actually close to what I want from Reptile. Fully covered with hints of strange peeking through.

Now you're all imagining a green themed Ermac with Reptile's head under the hood and wishing it were real like me. Photoshop anyone? If someone mods that on PC, I'm double dipping.

sixghost

I was playing them for a while. They have some tricky low/overhead mix-ups, and the projectiles that hit low and overhead, but they're just really, really slow. I was getting torn apart by sub zeroes an hour ago and I gave up on it. That said, they almost certainly have the easiest, high damage x-ray combo in the game. The F2 overhead toss hits low and leads into 50% with the x-ray. Even online you can pull it off 95% of the time.

FHIZ

So just saw the new costumes, how do you unlock the Russian ones? Please tell me they're already selling costume packs not included in the season pass.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Wonder if there is a bad hop between you and the multiplayer servers. Would make sense if it's a problem a lot of people (but not everyone) is experiencing.

I'm going to try Google DNS and see if anything changes.

zlatko

Banned
FYI you can do fatalities without having unlocked them. So as long as you know the inputs you are fine.

So I still don't have a main. I'm between:

Kano Cutthroat
Takeda Shin
Kung Jin BoJitsu

All of them get massive damage for very little. I guess I just need to pick one and start grinding tons of matches.

drotahorror

So just saw the new costumes, how do you unlock the Russian ones? Please tell me they're already selling costume packs not included in the season pass.

afaik there is no season pass. The kombat pack is not a season pass. You get what was advertised. They're bound to release more DLC (and should honestly, outfits are sick)

FHIZ

afaik there is no season pass. The kombat pack is not a season pass. You get what was advertised. They're bound to release more DLC (and should honestly, outfits are sick)
Oh I knew there would be more, but just thought... AFTER.

EDIT: Plus, I mean, I guess this is a catch all term but:

S1Pxo9k.png

It would just be extra shitty on top of the already shitty monetization aspects going for this game that they'd already be selling new content not included in "call it whatever you want but it's still a season pass" season pass.

Yup. All the damn time. It makes me salty when I actually try to do big damage combos and then they pull out the X-Ray hitting me and causing big damage.

But I guess that's a different situation. Lol
I can easily tell who's bad online by default if they don't use the meter at all by not using breakers or ex. I just block when I notice they gave xray in the corner and they usually whiff it.

Negaduck

Finally got to play last night. Surprisingly ended up playing goro most of the night. Used firebreath groove. The different fireballs and flame breaths were awesome to keep pressure up and just bully whoever I was playing against.

Meterburn punch walk is so dumb. 2 hits of armor that is a free at least 30% is so good.

Love how you just bully your opponent. He felt really good.

Sanke__

I can easily tell who's bad online by default if they don't use the meter at all by not using breakers or ex. I just block when I notice they gave xray in the corner and they usually whiff it.

Yeah but I'm bad and I know it so I just don't even use the x-Ray since everyone starts blocking once I get it

KAL2006

Banned
Just played online for the first time after story mode completion. I am a scrub myself but I seem to destroy everyone with Jax. Played about 10 games and haven't lost once yet

Trickster

Online is stupid
I'm a huge noob and it matches me against someone that is 72-3

It's a very woonky system imo. Might be because the games only been out a few days, so the system is still trying to sort players. But I have more than both 50 wins and losses, yet 90+% of my matches are agains't players that have less than 5 matches played

It's a bug. If you flip any of the switches then leave without resetting them, and do something that causes the game to save your progress, it will no longer give you the prompts to interact with that switch, preventing you from solving the puzzle.

It's pretty widespread. Hopefully they'll fix it.

I was hoping they fixed it with the patch today, nope. First thing I checked.

ukas

Ha, apparently you can't change the DNS with the BT Home Hub. So there goes that plan.

Changing DNS does nothing other than possibly quicker lookup times. I don't know why people suggest this so much. If you're dropping packets etc DNS doesn't do anything.

zlatko

Banned
I'm frustrated.

I really don't win online ever in ranked. I get matched with 100 wins, 0 losses non stop bull shit. What... am I the only scrub fucking left?

I actually hate chip on block... I try to poke out with my fastest normals and still get gang banged.

Takes forever to get a match.

I feel like I play too smart for my own sake. People mash me stupid, and I try to block and look for openings. Ugh.

I suck at pulling off combos I have practiced 9083908 times offline without issues too. Maybe I just need to face that I'm ass at this game and should stay a spectator only. :/

Top Bottom