• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

2 questions

What is the best way to punish people who us you and stand right over your body as you're on the ground? I used to wake up attack the flash kick with cage but it doesn't seem to work in mk10 and i take tons of unnecessary damage.

2- how do I combo break

1) It really depends on what you think they're going to do. You can block, you can do a special attack, you can do an EX special attack so that you have armor and can break through whatever attack they're going to do. I'm sure there are more options that someone better at the game can suggest.

2) Hold forward and block. This uses two bars of your meter.

Gurrry

What is the difference between doing "easy fatalities" vs the regular ones? Also - why would they sell a pack of easy fatalities if you can unlock them all via the krypt?

Demoskinos

Seems that the issue some of you are having with PS4 version might be related to DRM...

CC33_huUEAEPpRa.jpg

kunonabi

Is anyone else having trouble getting the game to work with a gamepad or stick on PC?

My friend tried a ps1 controller through a converter and joy2key and it works on the menus but it doesn't recognize it anywhere else. His arcade stick that he uses for everything doesn't work either, and we tried a ps3 controller which again seems to be noticed during the menus as it changes the prompts to xbox ones but it doesn't work either. The button config doesn't recognize them at all.

Moff

What is the difference between doing "easy fatalities" vs the regular ones? Also - why would they sell a pack of easy fatalities if you can unlock them all via the krypt?

easy fatalities are consumables, I think that answers both of your questions

the more important question would be why create them in the first place when fatalities are easier to pull off than ever

No difference. Just easy ones cost a currency.

And they sell them cause people suck at inputs like how people suck at running in Mario. Who better to pick on for sleazy sale?

Gurrry

the more important question would be why create them in the first place when fatalities are easier to pull off than ever

Thats.... weird.

Ive been only playing private matches, so i havent seen them "run out".

Man, some of the design choices in this game are so fucking weird.

OmegaDL50

Indeed. In fact some of the Fatalities in this game don't even require pressing a button but just a bunch of motions.

For example one of Scorpions is basically down,back,foward,up. No button press just four inputs in that order at far sweep range.

I like that they added more skins than I originally thought

Here's to hoping everyone gets some new skins because Erron Black, Jacqui, Taquito, Kung Jin, Cassie, Tacogod, and Crunchy really need better ones

Also why don't the dlc characters have Atleast 2 Skins?? Tremor needs a Klassic costume and Predator needs at least a Skin from the latest movie.

Tanya need that classic brown and Jason needs a burlap sack over his head

MUnited83

For you.

It's aimed at the people that can't be bothered to grind or learn the fatalities.

16BitNova

Ok I'm getting a little better now. I literally laughed out loud when I saw Quitality come up when I was beating this guy pretty badly. Didn't know this was a thing so the surprised just got me good lol.

OmegaDL50

I have a feeling Jason is going to be a lot of fun to play.

It would make sense if he was one of the slower yet more powerful characters, Similar to Torr and Goro.

I mean Jason wasn't ever particularly known for his speed. The guy is literally an intimidating juggernaut that's like over 6 feet tall. Oh and the machete...can't forget about the machete.

stn

To respond to the question up top asking about using Cage's wake-up: I think I read somewhere that regular wake-up attacks will lose to any offensive pressure. You have to burn bar to gain armor.

Is this right?

Marvel

could never
Although, him running, doing backflips, running up walls, holding onto a vine is gonna' weird as hell. Lol

True that, lol!

It would make sense if he was one of the slower yet more powerful characters, Similar to Torr and Goro.

I mean Jason wasn't ever particularly known for his speed. The guy is literally an intimidating juggernaut that's like over 6 feet tall. Oh and the machete...can't forget about the machete.

Yeah.

I'm thinking cutthroat/grappler Kano but without the speed. Hopefully he gets some nasty command grab attacks like him too.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Okay GAF, I'm currently torn between buying this and Bloodborne as a self-reward for finishing the academic year.

Somebody pitch me this game as a guy who's only played 9 minutes total of MK1 and MK9. I own and still play Injustice though if that matters.
Should I also catch-up by watching MK9's story on YT?

Skab

Really upset about this stupid bug:

Mortal Kombat X Krypt Switch Gate glitch

Yeah I've been stuck because of this since day 1.

It is pretty much preventing me from unblocking anything else in the Krypt.

Don't you have to walk forward?

It's a bug. If you flip any of the switches then leave without resetting them, and do something that causes the game to save your progress, it will no longer give you the prompts to interact with that switch, preventing you from solving the puzzle.

It's pretty widespread. Hopefully they'll fix it.

OmegaDL50

Yeah.

I'm thinking cutthroat/grappler Kano but without the speed. Hopefully he gets some nasty command grab attacks like him too.

I think he should have slight auto-armor. Like how Hulk can absorb a hit in Marvel but still continue his forward walk, but second hit after the first will push back / knock down.

In fact I think Goro and Shinnok have an auto-armor special that lets them absorb a single attack or first hit in a combo chain.

I think that may be part of his Relentless variation. At least it would fit with the name.

I unlocked Revenant Liu Kang. All I was doing was playing in Ranked matches and then it just unlocked. :V

I've heard people say this multiple times.

I really hope it isn't related to going online in ranked. I generally dislike online centric unlocks.

Spades

Is there anywhere online selling codes for the Kombat Pack (Xbox One) slightly cheaper before I bite the bullet and buy it from the store?

BizzyBum

I don't know how people can play this game (and fighting games in general) with a controller. I don't have a stick for PS yet and was told this was made for pad so I gave it a try. Maybe it's just being used to playing stick for years with Street Fighter but this is a bitch to play with a stock PS4 pad. It's so inaccurate for me that when I want to jump forward or back I usually end up neutral jumping...

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Does anyone know where Kung Jin's 3rd brutality "Where'd you go?" Is located? I can't find info on the net about that anywhere...this is really starting to bug me.

Slurmer

Banned
I don't know how people can play this game (and fighting games in general) with a controller. I don't have a stick for PS yet and was told this was made for pad so I gave it a try. Maybe it's just being used to playing stick for years with Street Fighter but this is a bitch to play with a stock PS4 pad. It's so inaccurate for me that when I want to jump forward or back I usually end up neutral jumping...
If you cant even jump forward properly its most definitely your pad or your being accustomed to stick. NRS games are pad friendly because theres no real reliance on quarter circle motions...and MK has a block button which can be kind of weird on stick.

AAK

What made Reptile unique was his reveal. You had green ninja named Reptile (oh, he's green, I get it), his ninja mask came off to spit acid and then he tore his face off to reveal a lizard head. That was awesome.

Now you have a scales revealing Reptilian man...hiding his face...

I just want something more cunning and clever, is all. Call these Zaterran Kombat outfits or something (I love them and the idea of Zaterrans having a need to hide their identities from one another like any other race when it comes to sleuthing). And give us an Earthrealm disguise for crying out loud.

OR, bring back the Zaterran race and Reptile still needs to hide himself so he isn't identified by anyone. Boom, now these outfits work (kind of).

I just don't want NRS to just recycle old outfits. This is something that plauges the Japanese fighting games and has now encroached on Namco as well who were the best at making new new designs.

Jafku

Is there anyway to disable match recording? Had to delete 400mbs from my cloud storage full of match replays. PS4 version

Because we're prodigies. You know how people freak out, when a tournament player won using a controller? Yeah, we bring that hype! Lol

But seriously it's a whole lot easier to me than a fightstick.

:O

In either news, is it bad I'm contemplating paying the 20 bucks just so that I don't have to deal with spiders? :(

Yup! But I now need Dark Emperor Liu Kang, Hotshot Johnny, and the rest of the revenant costumes.

Also, I can understand how you feel. But yes that is pretty bad! Don't do it! Don't let your fears get to you!

Verified my Steam cache after the 15GB update.

Dead Woods stage is STILL fucked up.

In both the regular and red versions. Nasty square-like graphical artifacts everywhere yet every other stage does not have this issue.

Edit: So apparently over at Testyourmight this says problem doesn't exist if you go backwards to Catalyst 14.9 (the patch before Omega). Why the hell would I want to lose the benefits that came with Catalyst Omega just to fix some stage issue.

Shifting the blame saying it's an ATI issue and not a the issue with the update. Newsflash. I didn't have these problems on Dead Woods PRIOR to the patch on Catalyst Omega, so ATI isn't the problem here.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=160638346&postcount=5378

Edit: to be helpful, this is a known issue with the new patch and some video cards. The reason being, literally, that they fucked up the shaders used on that level.

This game is so fucking broken it's nearly unplayable for me. I have the PS4 version.

Error CE-34878
Every time I start the game, it crashes as soon as it gets to the copyright screen. I reinstalled, erased my save data, restarted my PS4, there is no 'fix.

There is a workaround, which involves shutting off the network connection, starting the game, and restarting the network connection. This has the wonderful side effect of possibly corrupting saves.

The thread about this on the official support forum went like three days before any kind of WB or NRS response happened.

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Sup...Minutes-of-Launch-ce-34878/m-p/463958#U463958

Now, once I risk corrupted saves and get into the game, I have the following issues:

-Can't view or connect to any of the online rooms. "Chat server is unavailable."

-Faction War section works 20% of the time. When it does work, It says I haven't done any of the challenges the past 6 days, even though I did all 3 on every single day.

-I can't look at my online profile/record half the time.

-Can't view any kind of online leaderboard.

-Back when I COULD connect to the online rooms, either everyone's ping failed to load ever, or they all showed up as zero bars. A room of 100 people supposedly in my same state, and 100 examples of pure grey on the ping.

The mobile game is a whole other goddamn mess.

-Until just today, it never gave me the 'player assist/attack' option.
-Game is lagging and taking forever to load (Iphone 6+)
-The 'Faction War' and "Raiden Challenge Modes", two thirds of the options in the goddamn game, have never been available to play.
-I clicked on a free gift and nothing happened
-There is no timer anymore after the "time until bonus missions reset" section

guek

Banned
So is this game worth buying at full price? The reviews seem fairly solid but I thought I read some griping over a lack of content.

edit: heh, that previous post. hmm....

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Another day as a PC player....

Connection lost check your Ethernet cable
Can't connect to chat server
Lobby closed
Laggy match
Crash to desktop
Laggy match
Lobby closed
Log off in disgust

Fuck it, back to Guild Wars 2 I go.

Xevren

To respond to the question up top asking about using Cage's wake-up: I think I read somewhere that regular wake-up attacks will lose to any offensive pressure. You have to burn bar to gain armor.

Is this right?

Yes, people NEED to learn to block instead of just going ham on wakeups.

Some people just want to do nothing but use their meter for xray. If you see me land the corner combo for 33% multiple times use a combo breaker and pick your opportunity to fight back.

Skab

Man, I can see Jacqui being a pressure monster in the hands of someone who can do run cancels consistently.

press x to kikiki-mamama

Fixed.

Another day as a PC player....

Lobby closed
Laggy match
Crash to desktop
Laggy match
Lobby closed
Log off in disgust

Fuck it, back to Guild Wars 2 I go.

Thats something on your end. While the matches aren't alway smooth, I've had zero issues actually connecting to the online.

Top Bottom