• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

mdsfx

I remember some people's surprise when Mileena was revealed and she was wearing pants.
I wouldn't mind some sexier costumes all around, just as an option. Hell even for the guys if they can model the bodies right this time.

(flashback to MK9 Liu Kang / Johnny Cage *shudder*)

Dr. Buni

I wouldn't mind some sexier costumes all around, just as an option. Hell even for the guys if they can model the bodies right this time.

(flashback to MK9 Liu Kang / Johnny Cage *shudder*)
I don't think being almost naked equals sexiness. In fact, I think Mileena never looked as sexy as she does in MKX.

There are some more revealing unlockable costumes in the game, btw :)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm surprised how relevant Mileena is to the story in MKX, and how prevalent she was in promo materials. She always seemed like a side character to me, but in this game she's clearly a main character.

Slurmer

Banned
She also have two really easy combos (if I can pull them off I assume they are easy). That variation with the extra sai moves seems like her best one to me.

yea the consensus is that piercing is her best one. If they tweak the frame data on a few of her specials ill probably use her exclusively.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Speaking of mileena....
The way she is killed in the story might be the grossest thing in this game.
I visibly cringed at this scene. In a game of gross stuff, this was probably the worst of it all.

I don't think being almost naked equals sexiness. In fact, I think Mileena never looked as sexy as she does in MKX.

There are some more revealing unlockable costumes in the game, btw :)
I'd agree. I'd use her for that Khanum alt and her personality if I didn't think she was a weak character as far as gameplay goes.

I'm done with this game until they fix the servers. i can't even play with friends without some of us leaving, and we have a pretty stable connection. So much bullshit.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
My game is working pretty good these days, but I'm crashing to desktop very often in King of the Hill mode on PC. Nvidia driver has crashed and recovered.

Netcode is a 9/10 atm for me...much improved. Feels like offline practice mode when playing against friends locally. I pray it stays this way.

PS4 btw.

Vlaphor

I'm playing on PC and none of the online stuff is working now. I haven't tried playing online, but the living towers and the faction stuff isn't working. Worked earlier.

Dr. Buni

I'm surprised how relevant Mileena is to the story in MKX, and how prevalent she was in promo materials. She always seemed like a side character to me, but in this game she's clearly a main character.
I think everyone can agree she was pretty much the definition of a side character prior to MKX. I liked her importance in MKX, although
she was nothing but everyone's favorite puppet
I'm done with this game until they fix the servers. i can't even play with friends without some of us leaving, and we have a pretty stable connection. So much bullshit.
It have been pretty bad for me since the patch, but honestly I don't think they are going to fix anything.

Opto

Banned
*tests combos in practice* Oh cool I found a juggle combo with this character

*goes online, thrashed by infinite combo* oh, I have learned nothing

I just unlocked Cassie's beatdown brutality and my rate of executing brutalities has shot up from about 1 in 10 games when I really try to get one to every flipping match because all I need to do is execute a combo ender.

Overall I'm finding Cassie really fun (if a little simple) but I wish her up kick special was switched out with something more useful. She'd be lethal with a proper dive kick or something that would close the gap against projectile spammers.

AAK

I just realized I've been playing with input shortcuts on this whole time. When I turned it off the 1+2 input for interactables stopped working. That's what I'm used to using but do I have to use the shoulder buttons if I'm not using input shortcuts?

Trickster

Ps4,is it worse on pc/Xbox?

PS4 seems to be the best version from what I hear.

Dunno exactly how X1 is. But did see Justin wong struggle with some stuff on his stream yesterday

But pc is honestly unacceptable. I haven't been able to play online the last several hours because the reading stats thing just never stops loading. Then you have the game session thing that drops you at any point in a match. The game crashing to desktop because the game causes the graphic card driver to crash.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I can't get online at all, stuck on reading stats data.

Arksy

I love Jacqui Briggs and Cassie Cage.

Not a huge fan of Takeda and Kung Jin, they're a bit slow and sluggish for me. :(

MK9: She sounded young. And now, she sounded uninterested.

Cassie overshadows her in personality.
I think that's the point :p
Cassie takes after her father, I think Sonya's supposed to be the stereotypical no-nonsense military character, but a woman instead of an old man.

*tests combos in practice* Oh cool I found a juggle combo with this character

*goes online, thrashed by infinite combo* oh, I have learned nothing

This happens to me in every single fighting game ever.

Though I did manage to become vaguely competent at Injustice for a little while. And by "vaguely competent," I mean I was still winning less than 50% of my matches, but I was actually winning some matches.

So I played through the Klassic tower as Liu Kang and his intro with Kung Jin went like this:

Kung Jin: Why couldn't you accept me?

Liu Kang: I'm aware of your proclivities.

Does Liu Kang hate gay people?

Top Bottom