• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

IronLich

Does sharpen only boost special moves or does it boost basic attacks that use the fan as well?

Any attacks with fans. EX increases the amount of time it's active. At most, you'll get a 4-5% damage increase in your average BnB, but every % counts in this game.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Giving Liu Kang the character flaw of being mildly bigoted would be pretty interesting to me. It's realistic; people who are otherwise good are not perfect, and many have prejudices.

Dr. Buni

Any attacks with fans. EX increases the amount of time it's active. At most, you'll get a 4-5% damage increase in your average BnB, but every % counts in this game.
That is pretty cool. I was playing with her a bit (not practice, regular AI matches) and it is really hard to find an opening to use Sharpen. Imagine against a skilled player in online matches. I guess it is a matter of practicing, though.
Well...I can't find any other way to read his line man. But that's alright. Liu Kang always sucked anyway.
Yeah, that was some poor wording from my part.

I actually (used to) enjoy the character, mainly after his death in the original timeline. But homophobes can go die in a fire.

Rurunaki

You guys are reading into it too much. They are practitioners of Shao Lin, a very traditional sect even religious. Hate is too strong of a word, more likely that they are very strict and adhere to their tradition and customs to the tee. Plus this gives room for Kung Jin's character to grow in the future installment as he tries to shatter the Shao Lin's age old system of rules and mores.

Kinsei

Banned
You guys are reading into it too much. They are practitioners of Shao Lin, a very traditional sect even religious. Hate is too strong of a word, more likely that they are very strict and adhere to their tradition and customs to the tee. Plus this gives room for Kung Jin's character to grow in the future installment as he tries to shatter the Shao Lin's age old system of rules and mores.

That kinda goes against Raiden saying the shaolin don't care if you're gay or not.

That is pretty cool. I was playing with her a bit (not practice, regular AI matches) and it is really hard to find an opening to use Sharpen. Imagine against a skilled player in online matches. I guess it is a matter of practicing, though.

Yeah, that was some poor wording from my part.

I actually (used to) enjoy the character, mainly after his death in the original timeline. But homophobes can go die in a fire.

A good time to use Sharpen is after Assassin Strike. That is a long knockdown giving you plenty of time. The opponent can stop you with a quick wakeup attack though.

Rurunaki

That kinda goes against Raiden saying the shaolin don't care if you;re gay or not.

Didn't he say that "it shouldn't matter to the shaolin." There was no direct line making the Shaolins' saying that it doesn't matter to them.

Plus, Liu Kang did oppose Raiden sticking with what he was thought by the Shaolin instead of goinf with Raiden's plan in MK9.

HiiiLife

So I played through the Klassic tower as Liu Kang and his intro with Kung Jin went like this:

Kung Jin: Why couldn't you accept me?

Liu Kang: I'm aware of your proclivities.

Does Liu Kang hate gay people?

Knew there was a reason why I've always thought Lao > Kang since the MK2 days.

#TheTrueShaolin #JustKnow

Khezu

I didn't get the impressions that kung jin was a full time theif, it seems like he was only stealing that family artificat from the sky temple

He was a full time thief during his time in America.
According to his bio, and the casting call for that weird TV show thing.

I didn't get the impressions that kung jin was a full time theif, it seems like he was only stealing that family artificat from the sky temple

read his bio.

His families fortune took a turn for the worse so he moved to the US and became a theif He joined the shaolin after he tried to steal from raiden.

malfcn

How are they treating quits or disconnects? I know there is the quitality, but is there a row of data visible or otherwise for tracking?

I know before people would disconnect to avoid losing a win streak.

That dialogue between them is weird considering they don't know each other due one being dead for 25 years and his human form being non-canon.

I also find it strange that Kung Jin doesn't consider him family, I mean we do know Kang is also a decendant of the great Kung Lao

Interesting Liu Kang bit. But most of the character intros are kind of non-canon "what if" scenarios, so I wouldn't take it as canon, but it's definitely interesting.

Dr. Buni

Interesting Liu Kang bit. But most of the character intros are kind of non-canon "what if" scenarios, so I wouldn't take it as canon, but it's definitely interesting.
I dunno, I see the intros as a way the developers found to further explore the cast. Of course the intros are technically "what ifs", but I think what the characters say there are in tune with their personalities.

exYle

Played two online matches as Kenshi - one against a Goro (got thrashed), one against a Scorpion (won, but just barely).

I got my trophy... not sure if I wanna keep playing against others

Xevren

I have to say that while I like brutalities I hope they really look at some of them in regards to the requirements to due them. Reptile specifically, all of his are just...terrible. Land 5 b1's in a match? Come the hell on. I don't see why so many characters can go into them so easily while others it's not even worth it. Hell just give me one of those easy ass throw ones like Takeda or Kung Lao, that shit is baby mode compared to his.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
So, Goro...

Is the new emperor of Outworld?

Arcade ending spoiler.

EDIT: Why is some costumes just ????

Also, are there any stories to the costumes? Like Sonya Blade's Mother Russia one?

AAK

A good time to use Sharpen is after Assassin Strike. That is a long knockdown giving you plenty of time. The opponent can stop you with a quick wakeup attack though.

Is the 1+2 input for using interactables only available if I have input shortcut control scheme on? I can't seem to do it when it's off.

Everything seems down today, unless it's my connection. PC game hangs at the faction war refresh, iOS game won't let me sign into WBPlay. Tried both with Comcast and Tethered to ATT.

Kinsei

Banned
So, Goro...

Is the new emperor of Outworld?

Arcade ending spoiler.

EDIT: Why is some costumes just ????

Also, are there any stories to the costumes? Like Sonya Blade's Mother Russia one?

Nah.
Goro is a what if character and as such nothing in his arcade ending should be taken seriously. Kotal Kahn cut off all of Goro's arms.

impact

Banned
I have to say that while I like brutalities I hope they really look at some of them in regards to the requirements to due them. Reptile specifically, all of his are just...terrible. Land 5 b1's in a match? Come the hell on. I don't see why so many characters can go into them so easily while others it's not even worth it. Hell just give me one of those easy ass throw ones like Takeda or Kung Lao, that shit is baby mode compared to his.

yea Mileena's is basically only doable if you hit a bunch of rolls but somehow miss every combo after

...which is actually quite easy to do with how shit this fucking netcode is. GG NRS you fucking failed again.

Would've liked to have seen the regular story ending mixed with Kotal's klassic tower ending. Makes him seem less bone headed and complements what's hinted at for the next game.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
yea Mileena's is basically only doable if you hit a bunch of rolls but somehow miss every combo after

...which is actually quite easy to do with how shit this fucking netcode is. GG NRS you fucking failed again.

Yeah well I have to uppercut a frozen target, tough stuff.

Khezu

Telekick and impale are really easy.

The most bullshit one is fun ride though, have to teleport 10 times, and also her crotch face attack is universal, no reason for that brutality to be exclusive to the most worthless variation.

I dunno, I see the intros as a way the developers found to further explore the cast. Of course the intros are technically "what ifs", but I think what the characters say there are in tune with their personalities.

Proclivities: a strong natural liking for something that is usually bad : a tendency to do something that is usually bad

Liu is referencing Kung Jin's past as a thief, he has strong shaolin beliefs so it'd be going against his character. He also doesn't seem to hate Jin during their dialogue

Grimsen

Shitty fucking online. Even without my router, it takes forever to find a player or ranked match. Error with the faction server. Error with the chat server.

Can't wait for this shit to get fixed.

Top Bottom