• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

I'm not talking about gameplay here. Obviously good gameplay is going to affect the way people think of a character. I'm just saying you look at the story and think what purpose do these characters have in the lore, and some of these characters are just as bad as some of the characters they had in the PS2 era.
Yeah and they're also as bad as some of the characters from the MK trilogy era haha. Ferra/Torr contributes about as much to the story as Scorpion did in MK1 or Mileena did in MK2.

Indignate

You guys are focusing on the wrong there here.

Lore has never mattered.

Bo' Rai Cho was a shitty character because Bo' Rai Cho was a shitty character, not because he didn't have enough involvement in the story modes of the games he was in.

npa189

So I can't do sub-zero's
frozen dinner for the life of me. Opponent must be frozen and the uppercut is the last hit in the health bar right?

So I can't do sub-zero's
frozen dinner for the life of me. Opponent must be frozen and the uppercut is the last hit in the health bar right?

I did it a zillion times last night. Just wait until they have a small bit of health left, then feeeze them. Uppercut, done. I did it by accident the first time.

Do all Sub-Zero variants have the ice sword for the uppercut? If not, that may be your issue.

ZangBa

Yeah and they're also as bad as some of the characters from the MK trilogy era haha. Ferra/Torr contributes about as much to the story as Scorpion did in MK1 or Mileena did in MK2.

I don't disagree as a whole, but Scorpion had a purpose in that he wanted to kill Sub-Zero to avenge his clan. Ferra/Torr fight because? They joined Kotal Kahn because? Their goal is what exactly? Their arcade ending
basically reveals what they are as a species, which is neat, but just makes them look like a generic Tarkatan or something.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I did it a zillion times last night. Just wait until they have a small bit of health left, then feeeze them. Uppercut, done. I did it by accident the first time.

Do all Sub-Zero variants have the ice sword for the uppercut? If not, that may be your issue.

Only Cryomancer has the sword uppercut but it works in all the variants IIRC.

Honestly everyone should come back..
Kombat kids need work especially Jacqui she would be alot more interesting if she didnt look like a regular soilder her outfits suck ass seriously.

Kung Jin is boring only good thing about him is his bow staff but he has room to grow and he can help Kung Lao with his dilemma.

Takeda has the same problem as Jacqui he needs to get rid of that power suit shit

Liu and Kitana should stay dead because they are more interesting as rulers of hell.

Kung Lao's tower ending should be canon

And everyone else should stop being jobbers

D'vorah is pretty much set.

So I don't know if it's just my copy of the iOS game but there's an exploit to get unlimited resupply of koins without having to fight...

Don't know if it's only my copy though but seems like it'd be an easy exploit.

That said I leveled to 40 and beat every level without spending a cent, but the bosses make the game total bullshit due to requirements/restrictions placed on your team, basically making it almost necessary to spend money.

ZangBa

Liu Kang and Kitana's current position in the story is the most interesting it's ever been for them to me, I always thought they were pretty boring before.

Kitana and Mileena have some interesting endings.

I love how
Takeda/Kenshi
have an ending that go together. You could say the same for
Kung Jin/Kung Lao

Along with
Shang Tsung
popping up in two endings.

So I don't know if it's just my copy of the iOS game but there's an exploit to get unlimited resupply of koins without having to fight...

Don't know if it's only my copy though but seems like it'd be an easy exploit.

That said I leveled to 40 and beat every level without spending a cent, but the bosses make the game total bullshit due to requirements/restrictions placed on your team, basically making it almost necessary to spend money.

The console reward claim thing? It takes forever lol
Was hoping one of the 10-15k koins ones would get hit by it when I got them. No such luck.

I wouldn't say you need to spend money, but the game would take forever if you just saved up souls from dailies.

E the Shaggy

Just beat the story. Seemed a lot shorter than 9's but over all, a great job of introducing new characters and integrating old ones. The stinger at the end will lead to interesting sequel possibilities.

Does experience do anything? Like does being at level 23 mean anything?

Kitana and Mileena have some interesting endings.

I love how
Takeda/Kenshi
have an ending that go together. You could say the same for
Kung Jin/Kung Lao

Along with
Shang Tsung
popping up in two endings.

Scorpion/Raiden
too

i honestly think that some of these ending are gonna be canon

i can totally see Dark Raiden making Scorpion and the Shirai Ryu earthrealms new champions/warriors

Scorpion/Raiden
too

i honestly think that some of these ending are gonna be canon

i can totally see Dark Raiden making Scorpion and the Shirai Ryu earthrealms new champions/warriors

Erron->Jax->Sonya
Scorpion->Raiden->Kotal
Johnny->Ermac->Cassie (sorta)
Takeda->Kenshi

Those are the connected ones I remember. The others are either obviously not canon or just their own thing.

The console reward claim thing? It takes forever lol
Was hoping one of the 10-15k koins ones would get hit by it when I got them. No such luck.

I wouldn't say you need to spend money, but the game would take forever if you just saved up souls from dailies.

Yeah it takes a while doing that but gold characters are worthless after the exploit. Just buy multiples of one silver card seven times, max out their three bonuses to stats, and then max out their first super move slot.

Takes time but once you get that done you can steamroll most of the game save for a couple of bosses

Quesa

Ok, so in this combo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZTCc_4XKHw

I had a big issue (well I had one but it was my muscle memory doing hadouken instead of nut kracker) -- the game kept eating the forward+1 input and giving me forward+2 (the one where she sticks out the baton), and I checked my inputs and the 1 input was always there. I have negative turned off so I'm guessing it's a timing issue?

I don't disagree as a whole, but Scorpion had a purpose in that he wanted to kill Sub-Zero to avenge his clan. Ferra/Torr fight because? They joined Kotal Kahn because? Their goal is what exactly? Their arcade ending
basically reveals what they are as a species, which is neat, but just makes them look like a generic Tarkatan or something.

Hmm, that's pretty fair. I wonder if that might be an unfortunate side-effect of the companion comic existing? It seems like they've sort of relied on it as a crutch to fill in what happened between MK9 and MKX. I don't read the comic, but perhaps it's expanded upon there?

Hmm, that's pretty fair. I wonder if that might be an unfortunate side-effect of the companion comic existing? It seems like they've sort of relied on it as a crutch to fill in what happened between MK9 and MKX. I don't read the comic, but perhaps it's expanded upon there?

nope lol

only characters that are really getting shine in the comics are Takeda, Scorpion, Raiden, Johnny and Sonya, Kotal Khan, and Jacqui and Cassie

everyone else is either cameo or a side character.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
People are reporting the online is much better on PC since the latest patch, I did one game and it was fine, I was able to hit 10+ combos as opposed to it being so laggy I couldn't do a 3 hit string. I'm looking forward to trying it properly tomorrow when I get back from the doctors.

Carnby

I'm seriously considering the Amazon Import Edition. Do you guys think its worth it?

The statue is very nice. And the steel case is something special. The steel case is even packaged separately so you don't have to open it to get to the game disc. It also comes with a standard copy to be more specific.

Yeah the issue came out yesterday.
its basically a surge of raidens power combined with quan chi's that brings sub zero back to life. They also show what sub looks like under the armour. It's prety gross.

So exactly like the game
minus Quan Chi dick destruction

Skab

This game is infuriating to play online. Spend hours in the lab practicing combos and set ups, only to go online and have none of it work because everyone just spams chains/projectiles/full screen armored flying kicks. It's fucking stupid. I'm extremely close to dropping the game, since online is the only way I have to play against other people, and its quickly losing its fun.

This game is infuriating to play online. Spend hours in the lab practicing combos and set ups, only to go online and have none of it work because everyone just spams chains/projectiles/full screen armored flying kicks. It's fucking stupid. I'm extremely close to dropping the game, since online is the only way I have to play against other people, and its quickly losing its fun.

Block :p

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I do have a shitload of trouble dealing with zoning in this game online, I keep getting run when I try to dash up and block. I really wish they just had run as a button instead of stance.

Grady

God damn it took hours to get that 1000 respect trophy. Went like a 40 win streak and everyone was giving me 0s, lol. Working on that 10 in a row trophy now. 8 down. Praying no match up to a psycho combo master.

No fucking shit, really? I'm not an idiot.

Yeah, if you block you'll be able to punish and start your own combos that you've been practicing so hard, and once you get a knockdown you'll be able to use those setups effectively. If they still don't work, you haven't been practicing good set ups. Try blocking and I think you'll find your game will improve. It's a little hard to keep up because the game is so fast-paced, but if you stay patient and hang in there all your combos will work.

Also, those of you using D'Vorah, which variation do you use?

Gurrry

Ok so I have a few things I need to get off my chest

1) I have been a sub main since OG MK. I absolutely hate the changes they made to him for this game. Maybe I just need more time with him, but hes just not what he used to be. It really saddens me. I feel like Scorpion didnt get as big of a rehaul as Sub did. (although I havent really tried Scorpion yet, but from what ive seen, he seems to be the same).

2) I know everyone keeps saying "oh those dlc characters in story mode dont have the full move set", but jesus christ NRS.. But why bother putting in Rain + all of this moves from MK9 if you arent even going to let us use him? Seriously, we needed 2 Jax's and 2 Johnny cages but no Rain? Same with Tanya, she may not have everything, but she seemed plenty complete to me when I faced her in the campaign.

Idk, just alot about this game is fucking awesome. But then theres an equal amount of head scratching decisions that I dont get.

Fmal

Banned

1) I have been a sub main since OG MK. I absolutely hate the changes they made to him for this game. Maybe I just need more time with him, but hes just not what he used to be. It really saddens me. I feel like Scorpion didnt get as big of a rehaul as Sub did. (although I havent really tried Scorpion yet, but from what ive seen, he seems to be the same).

2) I know everyone keeps saying "oh those dlc characters in story mode dont have the full move set", but jesus christ NRS.. But why bother putting in Rain + all of this moves from MK9 if you arent even going to let us use him? Seriously, we needed 2 Jax's and 2 Johnny cages but no Rain? Same with Tanya, she may not have everything, but she seemed plenty complete to me when I faced her in the campaign.

Idk, just alot about this game is fucking awesome. But then theres an equal amount of head scratching decisions that I dont get.

Jacqui/Jax and Johnny/Cassie play literally nothing like each other. What did they change about Sub that you dislike?

The characters from story mode were cut and pasted from MK9. They don't have the three fighting styles, nor do they have character specific dialogue.

Top Bottom