• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

OmegaDL50

Good God. I am so glad I'm finished with the Spider Kaves. I have absolutely cleared it out all possible treasures, got all of the necessary items to explore the other krypt areas in there, and even properly solved the door puzzle and got the treasures it blocked.

I really don't care for the jump scares. Now if they were regular enemies you needed to encounter in the krypt and with a button press needed to kill them it's fine, but the fact they come out of nowhere is the stupid part.

EDIT: I have no problems with games like Legend of Grimlock and enemies hiding behind doors either.

The Jump Scares were a novelty to see the first time....but to see them again....and again. It starts to wear thin and is just annoying.

ZangBa

I think I found some weird input bug with Tigrar Goro. 3D3, DF4 MB always puts out an xray instead of the flame ball. o.o

CeeSaw

I'm feeling Tigrar Goro right now. This might be my secondary to Kotal. C:

I keep hearing people say that is the variant to go with. But I have been having really good success with the Dragon Fangs. That ex version of his Down-Back-FP is a great baiting/getting out of crap tool.

ZangBa

I keep hearing people say that is the variant to go with. But I have been having really good success with the Dragon Fangs. That ex version of his Down-Back-FP is a great baiting/getting out of crap tool.

I like both of them, but I like the zoning capabilities a bit better, plus the breath is so good at +13 on block.

Ooh as a Kotal user I might have to try him out then.

He sure feels faster, and better overall tbh.

Ermac online is annoying as shit. The lag makes his teleport AND basic strings unpunishable. I got legitimately mad that this one guy punched me through the ice clone 6 times in one match. It ended my king of the hill streak of 56. I was actually rank 23 worldwide last night. I just finished getting the last online trophy, but I really hope they fix the netcode because the game is really fun when it works, and just annoying when it doesn't.

So I think in terms of lore, design and fighting style, D'vorah might be the best thing to happen to the series since MK2. After MK9 relied so heavily on klassic characters, I was still sceptical as to whether they could produce a decent newcomer. They did good.

Tahnit

Banned
ok i need some help. I see people doing these fantastic juggle combos and I JUST CANT GET IT. Nothing i do is working. How do i link combos together to look badass? Most i can do is the basic combos per character. Basically I need some pointers cause right now im sucking ass.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
It's hilarious how some characters have easy as fuck brutalities, while other characters have utterly ridiculous requirements to pull them off. Makes absolutely no sense...

ok i need some help. I see people doing these fantastic juggle combos and I JUST CANT GET IT. Nothing i do is working. How do i link combos together to look badass? Most i can do is the basic combos per character. Basically I need some pointers cause right now im sucking ass.

In the moves list on the right side of the screen, it tells you how many frames to "cancel" each move. If the number is anything but 0, you can cancel that move into any special to make a longer combo.

Just go into practice mode and experiment.

Are there any unlockables from the living towers besides
dark empress
kitana? They're kinda fun but if there's nothing else there I don't really see the point.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I recommend Ermac, Erron Black and Goro.

I definitely need to play more Ermac.

I am, btw, very very sad that Noob Saibot isnt in MKX. He was one of my favorite characters in the game, and not having him (both for his moveset and for his aesthetic) is a bummer.

catmario

Playing with MKX with DS4(or XBO controller) is painful to me.

It's too hard.
I want to buy arcade stick for this good game, but my house doesn't want to buy that. ;(

Sharpeye

I definitely need to play more Ermac.

I am, btw, very very sad that Noob Saibot isnt in MKX. He was one of my favorite characters in the game, and not having him (both for his moveset and for his aesthetic) is a bummer.

Johnny Cage's stunt double is the closes you'll get to Noob in the game.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Johnny Cage's stunt double is the closes you'll get to Noob in the game.

Yeah, it's just not the same. :(

Throwing gooey shadow clones at people was just too much fun in MK9.

It's hilarious how some characters have easy as fuck brutalities, while other characters have utterly ridiculous requirements to pull them off. Makes absolutely no sense...

i thought all characters have easy and hard brutalities, there are a lot of them to choose from.

and pulling off the harder ones are the most rewarding of course.

exYle

So, does the concept of footsies mean that when playing as a certain character, you should maintain a certain effective distance away from the opponent? Or does it mean that, depending on your opponent's certain character, you should keep out of their effective range?

For example, to my understanding, Kenshi has a lot of moves that push people far away and keep them away - which is called zoning. I know he can't do combos from that distance, but he can maintain the distance if he's not up against a teleporting character. Should I, playing as Kenshi, be playing footsies to keep my distance?

Meia

Tried online for the PC for the first time tonight. 3 ranked matches, 1 both DCd, won one, lost one, couldn't connect to another.

Ladder seemed to work better at least. Unseated someone who had a 30 streak going on my first shot, then got up to like a 14 streak before got unseated. Really having fun with Erron Black. :D

Top Bottom