• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

OmegaDL50

Is the MK1 living tower going to have any special characters? It would be cool if they included Shang Tsung.

Well 8 of 9 of the entire cast of MK1 is playable in MKX.

Johnny Cage, Kano, Raiden, Liu Kang, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and Sonya.

Also Goro is there as well. IT would be nice if Shang Tsung made an appearance in the MK1 tower as a boss even if he just was a carry over from MK9, much like how
Baraka and Rain
in the Story Mode are basically their MK9 movesets but only NPCs.

Well 8 of 9 of the entire cast of MK1 is playable in MKX.

Johnny Cage, Kano, Raiden, Liu Kang, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and Sonya.

Also Goro is there as well. IT would be nice if Shang Tsung made an appearance in the MK1 tower as a boss even if he just was a carry over from MK9, much like how
Baraka and Rain
in the Story Mode are basically their MK9 movesets but only NPCs.

It would be awesome if all the missing guys show up in the MK1, 2, 3, 4 towers. I'm sure they could sell them as DLC but I'm more interested in seeing them just all rendered in the new next gen hotness as I'm not really that interested in actually playing as them.

I'm very surprised at how well all the character models turned out considering Netherrealm's past efforts were kinda uneven to say the least. An Injustice game in this engine will look insane, no more ugly Batman and Wonder Woman.

Finished the story mode yesterday. It's stupid and cheesy but there's something very fun and endearing about the MK story.

I didn't enjoy it as much as I did the last game, and it felt shorter, easier and more rushed. Shao Khan at the end of the MK reboot had me going for days.

https://steamdb.info/app/307780/depots/

Looks like 2 separate packs. If I had to guess, I'd say it'd be Scorpion (toasty), Sub Zero (spine rip), Reptile (yummy), Quan Chi (leg beatdown), Kitana (Kiss explode) and Liu Kang (Dragon transformation).

Interesting.

Tremor comes with Klassic Skins 1. Which means he'll be coming before Tanya, and I would assume before Predator.

The fatalities are listed under Encrypted DLC.

Also, very curious as to what the Brazil Skin Pack holds.

Gleethor

Also apparently listings for Klassic skins for Scorpion, Reptile and Ermac have been datamined, in case there was any doubt that they would get them.

slackjaw10

Neo Member
I dunno if anybody else feels this way, but it bugs me that Liu Kang, Kitana, and Kung Lao
appear as normal humans as their default costumes, since it doesn't actually happen in canon
. I get why they did it, especially for new players and people who don't follow/care about the story, but it still annoys me.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I never thought trying to find a character to play would be hard. I've used:

- Possessed Kenshi
- Covert Ops Sonya
- Swarm Queen D'vorah
- Nimble Reptile
- etc.

and I can't settle on someone. Everyone's combos are funky and no character I try has that natural flow to them that I found in MK9. Closest person in MKX I've tried is Sonya. Any help?

Also apparently listings for Klassic skins for Scorpion, Reptile and Ermac have been datamined, in case there was any doubt that they would get them.

I hope Klassic means they can go with any past game. Because I want Deception Scorpion, or even alternate costume DA Scorpion.

I dunno if anybody else feels this way, but it bugs me that Liu Kang, Kitana, and Kung Lao
appear as normal humans as their default costumes, since it doesn't actually happen in canon
. I get why they did it, especially for new players and people who don't follow/care about the story, but it still annoys me.

Well, for Liu Kang/Kung Lao, there was at least a flashback. It'd also pretty much be a spoiler if it was their default.

Bydobob

Having only scratched the surface of MK over the years my knowledge is limited, but I never remember combos being so easy to string together, nor such a wide variety of choice and ability to change mid combo. Game feels quicker and more responsive too, and looks a deal more fluid in motion. Whatever NRS have done to the formula it's worked brilliantly. Big step up from MK9 in my eyes.

We need Shredder Sub Zero.

SubZeroDeception2.jpg

i cant think of any other 3D era costumes that they can bring back

Wasn't Kold War Scorpion a gamestop preorder exclusive? Or is it going to be sold already?

Oh, didn't notice that. Probably. But it also fits the Russian theme so could also be bundled in a DLC package so it's not forever exclusive only to those who pre-ordered.

Hit Rank 50 on the Black Dragon faction and tried out Faction War. Although they say it's best try the tower before it gets bigger, I think you're better off waiting a while to take it on, if you want to get lots of faction points from completing it

Trickster

Someone a few pages back mentioned that people just completely fear Subzeros ice clone, and how it shuts down aggresion. Just wondering if there is actually anything you can do if you don't have a teleport move? Because as far as I can tell, there is litterally nothing you can do unless you have a multi projectile move once subzero puts up an ice clone.

Danielsan

Someone a few pages back mentioned that people just completely fear Subzeros ice clone, and how it shuts down aggresion. Just wondering if there is actually anything you can do if you don't have a teleport move? Because as far as I can tell, there is litterally nothing you can do unless you have a multi projectile move once subzero puts up an ice clone.
Haven't played too many Sub-Zero players, and I'm a giant scub myself. But I'd wager that Kenshi (my main) should be able to do some nice projecting through/over his ice clones with the balanced style.

Friend and I were playing versus locally yesterday and randomly every few matches Jason would show up on the select screen and it's such a ball tease watching him do the walk towards the screen. Then we would also see his render randomly on the loading screen. I can wait to see his prefight dialogue with the cast and gameplay style.

How's the netcode working for you guys? If I play with people other than my own country/friends there is noticeable lag and I can't connect combos for the world of me. And I have a very good internet connection, 1 Gbps download, Gpon tech. Played with someone from UK and it was awful, I live in Europe btw, Romania.

There should really be an easy way to tell where your online opponent is from, especially since the ping bars don't work (PC version). I'm just about ready to give up online play (except against my local friends). The netcode is just too bad most of the time. Something simple like a neutral jump and punch results in the punch missing or never even coming out. It's just not fun. I'm starting to think region locking the online on PC would have been a good thing.

Then there's a lot of random crashes and disconnects for no reason.

Marvel

could never
TBH, region locking hasn't helped much on the netcode front for PS4. Don't think it would be a miracle on PC either. It's still input laggy sadly.

Not always, but enough to be annoying.

Onemic

The fact that they're doing esl with mkx is a tragedy. I can't see any of those tourneys turning out well with this kofxiii esque netcode

Yaari

Question but did they eventually include Goro with every game? I'm in the process of buying a physical copy but it doesn't state Goro is included. Then again, most other sites do. Just wondering what to expect.

Lord Phol

Completed the story mode yesterday in one sitting, thought it was great. Miles better than MK9 and the length of it was perfect. Was suprised by how much I enjoyed the dialogue and characters.

D'Vorah was quite disgusting through out the whole thing >>. Too bad I hate her voice and character because she's really fun to play.

k1t4j

Are there any indication of when invasion towers/bosses are up?

Apparently I missed the first one sometime last week, played all throughout the weekend and never saw anything like it yet.

TBH, region locking hasn't helped much on the netcode front for PS4. Don't think it would be a miracle on PC either. It's still input laggy sadly.

Not always, but enough to be annoying.

I'm on PS4 also, sorry I forgot to say. There was this guy on KOTH with a red line on his ping and was beating everyone in the room. Guess dial-up is key for winning....

VladTepes

Banned
If you mean MK9, absolutely nope. Just yesterday I played it a bit and the gameplay feels... way too rigid and not nearly as fun as MKX, IMO. Not to mention I've always thought it's a pretty ugly game design-wise. So no, even though I miss Sheeva :[

Yeah. Impossible to go back to MK9 after playing this, the gameplay and graphics are substantially improved.

mdsfx

Question but did they eventually include Goro with every game? I'm in the process of buying a physical copy but it doesn't state Goro is included. Then again, most other sites do. Just wondering what to expect.
Probably hit or miss depending on if preorder copies are sold out at whichever retailer you buy from. Worst case scenario is you buy a $3 goro code from eBay

MattXIII

My takeaways from MKX's story mode:

-D'vorahs the best new Kombatant (Wish Erron had at least a bit of focus)
-Kung Jin had the most character development in the story, a simple but effective arc
-Kotal Kahn has no business ruling a nation like Outworld, he's neither smart or strong

Seriously, Earthrealm could colonise Outworld in it's current state, could actually make for an interesting premise. Suppose the Reiko Accords are stopping them :p

Trickster

Haven't played too many Sub-Zero players, and I'm a giant scub myself. But I'd wager that Kenshi (my main) should be able to do some nice projecting through/over his ice clones with the balanced style.

I main Cassie, and as far as I can tell, I have nothing I can do agains't a subzero ice clone other than use the ex version of by pistol move.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure what I'd be able to do agains't a subzero who just keeps making an ice clone and throwing it

My takeaways from MKX's story mode:

-D'vorahs the best new Kombatant (Wish Erron had at least a bit of focus)
-Kung Jin had the most character development in the story, a simple but effective arc
-Kotal Kahn has no business ruling a nation like Outworld, he's neither smart or strong

Seriously, Earthrealm could colonise Outworld in it's current state, could actually make for an interesting premise. Suppose the Reiko Accords are stopping them :p
Dude, Kotal makes all of the smart decisions in this game to protect his realm. He also knows how to put his duty as a leader above own pride. His only probablem is that he's too distrusting of Earthrealm, but for good reason when you look at how much Raiden fucks up lol.

He's a good leader that gains the loyalty of his people for all the right reasons... he just makes the wrong decisions lol.

This is something that the comics help out, because Kotal Khan is a straight badass who's actually relatable to a degree.

Tokubetsu

I main Cassie, and as far as I can tell, I have nothing I can do agains't a subzero ice clone other than use the ex version of by pistol move.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure what I'd be able to do agains't a subzero who just keeps making an ice clone and throwing it

Yea I play Cassie Brawler too and it's a painful match up.
This is something that the comics help out, because Kotal Khan is a straight badass who's actually relatable to a degree.

Kotal's #1 problem is everyone in outrealm with any kind of power hates him or wants the throne for themselves lmao. He needs to hold his own tournament and just murder everyone who shows up.

Bayonettasbuddy

Neo Member
Anyone else finding the amount of Koins you earn to be ridiculous? I've finished the campaign, about 7 living towers, test your might and 6/7 Klassic Towers and I've still got hardly any koins for the amount of stuff in the Krypt.

Top Bottom