• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Messi

16 Matches into the endless tower to get the Mileena alt and I get disconnected from the server and it pulls me out of the tower. FFS. seriously? :(

Chairhome

I almost feel like the kombat kard system discovery I made last night is new thread worthy. People are struggling to earn koins in this game because they don't understand how it works.

I know about it, but I haven't unlocked anything too good yet (even after beating campaign). Still getting krap koins right now. I think PC just gets a break. They probably want you to not resort to getting a mod/trainer to unlock a bunch of koins.

Aske

Am I right in thinking that the Easy Fatality tokens in the Krypt are consumable items rather than permanent unlocks? Really annoying if so. I'd have ensnared so many casual friends if some/all of the characters could permanently use easy fatality inputs. I guess that's the idea behind the packs you can buy via microtransaction. Presumably that's the only way to get the tokens once the Krypt is fully unlocked?

The game's still amazing, but permanent easy fatality unlocks (or better, a switch to toggle in options) would have been an awesome addition.

Lol, I like Kenshi but everyone keeps calling me a spammer because I prefer to zone from fullscreen.

I'm even playing Balanced which has awfully slow zoning. So easy to block and walk.

One got mad enough to pick a teleport character.... so I adjusted and just baited his teleport and block grabbed. I could be mean and full combo punish, but I am not a gigantic dick.

People need to learn to adjust.

PSA: The daily tower for today is good for accumulating koins, FXP & XP. In just under two hours I've gotten 100,000 koins and completed several of the challenges.

The tower is both players start at 10% health. I've found for me that it is easiest to use Kitana. For the first round, her uppercut is good since it has decent range. Second round end it with her "Off The Top" brutality for 75,000 tower points. If you select the right kombat card icons and borders, you can progress well in faction standing, koins or profile standing.

I eventually got the best global daily tower score doing this, so someone here can probably do even better.

Is there a trick to doing Raiden's
"Inside You" Brutality?, I tried several times last night doing the 10 teleports and then finishing with an enhanced electric fly
but it would never happen. Does doing more than
10 teleports
have any effect on this?

Carlow

FYI UK fans - picked this up, 2 weeks for delivery but hoping my first stick will help my MK skills. Wanted the MK fightpad, but not selling in UK :(

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/hor...3-ps4-amazon-86-82-down-from-120-with-2189296

if only they had stock, had it on order for over a week now soon(tm) :)

and the PDP pad for PS4 isn't coming to the uk due to licensing :|

"Inside You" Brutality?, I tried several times last night doing the 10 teleports and then finishing with an enhanced electric fly
10 teleports
have any effect on this?

it isn't an Ex fly, press block halfway through a normal fly, its 1 of the best Brutality's imo.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Good shit, love me some Cassie, she's got a nice moveset. I'm doing pretty well in ranked with her thus far. I keep telling myself I'm going to play around with some of the other characters but I keep coming back to Cass.

maxresdefault.jpg

if only they had stock, had it on order for over a week now soon(tm) :)

and the PDP pad for PS4 isn't coming to the uk due to licensing :|

it isn't an Ex fly, press block halfway through a normal fly, its 1 of the best Brutality's imo.

Oh okay I will try that when I get back on tonight. Thanks!

BamfMeat

Arttemis

I'm sure many people have already noticed this, but in the Kollection section, there are a bunch of new skins.

Sonya, Kano, Sub Zero have Russian-themed skins. Pharaoh Ermac, I think, is new. Jason is in list of characters. A few new Klassic skins on assorted characters, I believe.

Definitely not dropping a cent, and waiting for the Komplete edition in 6 months.

Edit - And I'm still waiting for my Best Buy Goro code. I'm going to email support.

zlatko

Banned
I uh, find that a bit hard to believe. You should have earned more than 300k koins after doing that. I mean you should have gotten more than a 100 or 150k koins from the campaign ( I had almost 200k koins after doing 1 or 2 towers plus campaign ), and you get more than 30k koins per tower. So unless you target the most expensive things in the krypt first, you should have a large chunk of the krypt unlocked.

Oh and of course the krypt itself has a fair number of graves that just give you koins.

Shooting the ice clones with the bf1 move opens you up for a slide in my experience, or just a new ice clone.

I haven't really messed with the cancel mechanic yet. But doing that consumes a bar of meter right? If not then yeah that's a good way to deal with it. But otherwise I think the ice clone still seems like a bitch for Cassie to fight against.
The version where you hold down and foreword at the same time and then hit one then cancel into down back number two will not cost you meter.some of the cast can also do a low attack to hit the ice dummy and break it with out being frozen themselves.

J Range

Do king of the hill wins count towards your record? I started 8-9 and then had huge winning streaks in koth and my record stats at 8-9...

Loving this game though. Shinnok really catches people off guard.

10 teleports
have any effect on this?

you must press R2/RT after executing the Flying Torpedo.

it's one of the EX moves that you have to press R2/RT after the execution of the special move as a follow up.

J Range

It's sort of encouraging seeing that you don't need to know crazy combos to win. If our just understand how your moves work and when to use them, utilize spacing and blocking, you can have success in this game online.

Bytes

Today's Daily Tower is highly amusing (everyone starts with 10% health). I win nearly every round as Raiden by just immediately pressing forward and low kick. The matches go by quickly and I am racking up some serious koinage.

EDIT: It also makes some of the dragon challenges impossible. Win the match with 40% health remaining? No can do.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Sooo I just realized that my retail copy just came with a Goro code, and I didn't pre-order the game at all.

This joins the long line of pre-order bonuses that I got but didn't deserve solely due to getting my copies at FutureShop-now-BestBuy downtown (I have a shit ton of special ed. cases that are given to me just for kicks).

Dubz

Lol, I like Kenshi but everyone keeps calling me a spammer because I prefer to zone from fullscreen.

I'm even playing Balanced which has awfully slow zoning. So easy to block and walk.

One got mad enough to pick a teleport character.... so I adjusted and just baited his teleport and block grabbed. I could be mean and full combo punish, but I am not a gigantic dick.

People need to learn to adjust.
Same thing happens to me when I zone with Kitana. Learn to get in is what I usually say.

vg260

Today's Daily Tower is highly amusing (everyone starts with 10% health). I win nearly every round as Raiden by just immediately pressing forward and low kick. The matches go by quickly and I am racking up some serious koinage.

EDIT: It also makes some of the dragon challenges impossible. Win the match with 40% health remaining? No can do.

Can you give some numbers? Trying to decide if I should patch my game for this or stick with the 2500 per story boss win.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I don't know if they're random or not but I had land 10 jump kicks in one round or something like that, lol. They die before you can even do two.

Bytes

Can you give some numbers? Trying yo decide if I should patch my game for this or stick with the 2500 per story boss win.

I have finished the tower 4 times now and my koin count is 193,963. I started off with about 160 koins.

drotahorror

Can you give some numbers? Trying to decide if I should patch my game for this or stick with the 2500 per story boss win.

Do you still get the living towers if you don't update? I'm assuming no since you asked about the daily.

I feel like you're screwing yourself by not updating if that's the case.

Top Bottom