• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Bytes

Which tower is 'the tower', and what difficulty are you playing? Also, what's your Kombat Card selection?

It is today's Daily Tower (under Living Towers). It is called "Klose to Death". Kombat Kard selection is Revenge, Thunder God III, and Silver Tiger.

Just beat the tower for the 5th time and my koin count is now 233,931.

EDIT: Difficulty is Medium.

Arttemis

I've completed all (but 3) character's klassic towers on medium difficulty, a ~20 match endless tower, completed the story, done a few living towers, an invasion tower...

I only get about ~5 thousand coins per each.

So what is the deal with the fatality tokens? are they still available? you buy 30 tokens for 5 bucks, so you can only use 30 times? then you have to keep buying it? that sounds kind of bad. so unless you learn how to do the good and hard way, you will have to keep buying that?
That is bad even for casuals IMHO

Demoskinos

So what is the deal with the fatality tokens? are they still available? you buy 30 tokens for 5 bucks, so you can only use 30 times? then you have to keep buying it? that sounds kind of BS. so unless you learn how to do the good and hard way, you will have to keep buying that?

Well such is the nature of consumables.

Well such is the nature of consumables.

I know, but the DLC at least you buy it once and you have it forever, this you need to keep buying it.do casuals do that? spent money every week because they can't unlock the fatalities themselves?

they should just charge a one time fee and then you have the option to do it forever. That would make more sense

It is today's Daily Tower (under Living Towers). It is called "Klose to Death". Kombat Kard selection is Revenge, Thunder God III, and Silver Tiger.

I haven't set my Kard for Koin gain and still get a ton from the daily challenge. I'm finished with the Krypt already with exception of the timed ones.

Thanks. If anyone can confirm this is a fast method on console, that would be helpful. I tried that thing above in endless and was not seeing the same results as the PC player who posted.

Played it quite a bit today on the One. Wasn't really paying attention to coins but they stacked to 20,000 a few times pretty quickly. I'm more so going for FXP and trying to get to level 50 with Special forces.

What are kombat kards? The things you use to modify your profile. Now I'm feeling the need to grind lol

Edit: can't fix my typo because my phone sucks, bleh

exYle

I just checked on PS4 - there's no living tower?

Demoskinos

I know, but the DLC at least you buy it once and you have it forever, this you need to keep buying it.do casuals do that? spent money every week because they can't unlock the fatalities themselves?

they should just charge a one time fee and then you have the option to do it forever. That would make more sense

Have you seen how popular free to play stuff is on mobile? That should answer your question right there.

Demoskinos

yeah, I know, but I think the audience is different. people who buy MK are not the same that play candy crush
That doesn't mean thier purchasing habits couldn't be the same. Just because they are into different games. If people have more money than time on their hands then sure they will spend it accordingly.

I'm wondering if anyone else on PS4 is experiencing network trouble as severe as I am since the patch. I know the disconnect/reconnect workaround, but last night I was getting no data for living towers, long ass wait times for matches where each one disconnected, and even tower challenge disconnected after finding a game. This is a far cry from last week where all I had to worry about was some shaky netcode.

Manu

PRESS X TO
PURCHASE
JASON

10984089_10206640780048106_4797600402911781340_n.jpg

vg260

I hate all the meta-game nonsense in fighters, and this game especially. Just let me access the in-game content without making me jump through hoops, and having to earn unlocks by spending hours doing mindless stuff or finding ways to cheese the AI. I guess there's some sort of causal appeal to unlocking stuff in games, but for me it's a total waste of time, and not relevant at all for this genre. Just let me pick my character, select the visual options I want for him/her, and learn the game. Stop wasting my time.

Majestad

Banned
I hate all the meta-game nonsense in fighters, and this game especially. Just let me access the in-game content without making me jump through hoops, and having to earn unlocks by spending hours doing mindless stuff or finding ways to cheese the AI. I guess there's some sort of causal appeal to unlocking stuff in games, but for me it's a total waste of time, and not relevant at all for this genre. Just let me pick my character, select the visual options I want for him/her, and learn the game. Stop wasting my time.

DAT sense of entitlement.

Dr. Buni

Sucks for you. I like unlocking stuff and I wouldn't call myself a casual.

OmegaDL50

It has to be specifically today's daily tower.

The Daily Tower is the real deal.

Flawless Victories koin bonuses, on top of koin bonuses for doing Fatalities, and finishing the tower grants 30k for it's completion too.

Yeah it's a quick way to make koins.

Mindman

Probably been asked a million times but...

I pre-ordered digitally on the PS Store, and Goro downloaded along with the game. On the character select screen though, it asks me to purchase him. How to fix this?

Uraizen

Banned
I have finished the tower 4 times now and my koin count is 193,963. I started off with about 160 koins.

Try going to endless, lose the first fight, and watch yourself gain 30k koins each time. I've already unlocked everything in the krypt, lol.

EDIT: PC version

dubq

Is anyone else kind of annoyed at the fact that one of the DLC characters plays a part in the story, and is therefore in the game (visual assets, AI, moveset, etc) before they're even released? This feels like next-level on-disc dlc bullshit.

Kinsei

Banned
Is anyone else kind of annoyed at the fact that one of the DLC characters plays a part in the story, and is therefore in the game (visual assets, AI, moveset, etc)before they're even released? This feels like next-level on-disc dlc bullshit.

No. It's obvious none of the characters you fight in story mode are finished.
Rain, Sindel, and Baraka
just use their MK9 movesets and
Tanya
is just a mix of Scorpion and Kitana.

Manu

Is anyone else kind of annoyed at the fact that one of the DLC characters plays a part in the story, and is therefore in the game (visual assets, AI, moveset, etc)before they're even released? This feels like next-level on-disc dlc bullshit.

Nope, because Tanya in story mode uses Kitana's moves and borrowed specials from other characters.

She also has like, two specials.

dubq

No. It's obvious none of the characters you fight in story mode are finished.
Rain, Sindel, and Baraka
just use their MK9 movesets and
Tanya
is just a mix of Scorpion and Kitana.

Nope, because Tanya in story mode uses Kitana's moves and borrowed specials from other characters.

She also has like, two specials.

Ahh, ok, less annoyed now, then. I wasn't paying much attention and didn't notice that she was using Kitana's moves.

I've finished multiple towers but not getting that many coins. what are you using to get that many?
Playing on PC instead of console lol

So what is the deal with the fatality tokens? are they still available? you buy 30 tokens for 5 bucks, so you can only use 30 times? then you have to keep buying it? that sounds kind of bad. so unless you learn how to do the good and hard way, you will have to keep buying that?
Yeah. Even saying "hard" is a bit of a stretch lol.

vg260

DAT sense of entitlement.

Perhaps I wan't clear, because you're not using that term properly here and just throwing around a meme catchphrase. I'm not asking for free stuff or demanding content that is not included in the purchased game. I don't like the stuff that is already included in the game being locked behind a bunch of arbitrary time-consuming grindy-meta game stuff. Again, content that is in the purchased game and available to use *eventually*. The word "entitlement" has nothing to do with preferring less strict time or meta game requirements for unlocks of existing content, so the use in this context is off-base. I'd prefer the result of the meta-game go toward achievements or something not-related to the actual usable content in a fighter. If you like that aspect, that's fine. I don't in fighters.

Now if I was saying I deserve every piece of content to be released in the future for free, well, then maybe your comment might apply.

Manu

Perhaps I wan't clear, because you're not using that term properly here and just throwing around a meme catchphrase. I'm not asking for free stuff or demanding content that is not included in the purchased game. I don't like the stuff that is already included in the game being locked behind a bunch of arbitrary time-consuming grindy-meta game stuff. Again, content that is in the purchased game and available to use *eventually*. The word "entitlement" has nothing to do with preferring less strict time or meta game requirements for unlocks of existing content, so the use in this context is off-base. I'd prefer the result of the meta-game go toward achievements or something not-related to the actual usable content in a fighter. If you like that aspect, that's fine. I don't in fighters.

Now if I was saying I deserve every piece of content to be released in the future for free, well, then maybe your comment might apply.

Other than the costumes, what is there that you can't used unless unlocked in the krypt?

Fatalities and finishers you can do as long as you have the inputs, no need to unlock.

vg260

Other than the costumes, what is there that you can't used unless unlocked in the krypt?

Fatalities and finishers you can do as long as you have the inputs, no need to unlock.

Even brutalities? Well, ok, perhaps the content unlocks I'd want to use are not that bad. I have most of the costumes unlocked already.

Bytes

Try going to endless, lose the first fight, and watch yourself gain 30k koins each time. I've already unlocked everything in the krypt, lol.

EDIT: PC version

This.....actually works. I was not expecting that. I just sit there and let the CPU beat me up (which it takes its sweet time to do) and I get awarded 32,784 koins.

Fucking sick to death of Scorpion cunts online.

Look at this shit that I recorded a few minutes ago. Spamming the same fucking crap over and over again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doClPgZEVl8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgjVWjcq0Ac

It's gotten to the point now where I just quit if I'm paired with someone who picks him. I know I'm supposed to 'git gud' or whatever, but this is just no fun playing assholes like this. The Sub-Zero spammers aren't much better.

Look at this shit that I recorded a few minutes ago. Spamming the same fucking crap over and over again.

It's gotten to the point now where I just quit if I'm paired with someone who picks him. I know I'm supposed to 'git gud' or whatever, but this is just no fun playing assholes like this. The Sub-Zero spammers aren't much better.
Stop jumping and let him come to you. Block his teleport then punish him for it. Don't run or jump in to him or you'll get hit with the spear. More than likely when he realizes that isn't working you can then whip his ass.

As for sub-zero. Fuck him.

Chairhome

You have a dash, use it.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas

Scorpion's teleport is -23 on block. You can get a full combo punish or at the very least an uppercut.

You could have stopped jumping at any point in that first video to block the teleport and punish.

Every character is going to have stuff you're going to need to learn how to get around. If someone sees that you don't know to react to it, they're going to keep doing it until they either win or you figure it out.

Top Bottom