• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Fucking sick to death of Scorpion cunts online.

Look at this shit that I recorded a few minutes ago. Spamming the same fucking crap over and over again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doClPgZEVl8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgjVWjcq0Ac

It's gotten to the point now where I just quit if I'm paired with someone who picks him. I know I'm supposed to 'git gud' or whatever, but this is just no fun playing assholes like this. The Sub-Zero spammers aren't much better.
You need to learn how to counter that so they can't do it over and over. Think about a boxing match or a UFC fight-- if someone is vulnerable to a certain attack or strategy, their opponent will exploit the hell out of that weakness.

ItIsOkBro

Fucking sick to death of Scorpion cunts online.

Look at this shit that I recorded a few minutes ago. Spamming the same fucking crap over and over again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doClPgZEVl8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgjVWjcq0Ac

It's gotten to the point now where I just quit if I'm paired with someone who picks him. I know I'm supposed to 'git gud' or whatever, but this is just no fun playing assholes like this. The Sub-Zero spammers aren't much better.

the other guy's thinking "fuck this guy's spamming jump over and over again"

I posted those two videos in particular to show how Scorpion players (at least all the ones I've met) spam the same attacks ad nauseam and are horrible to play against, Obviously I could have avoided that downward attack in the first video by stepping forward or back.

I posted those two videos in particular to show how Scorpion players (at least all the ones I've met) spam the same attacks ad nauseam and are horrible to play against, Obviously I could have avoided that downward attack in the first video by stepping forward or back.

Those are the easiest players to beat though. You figure out what stops those attacks and you've won.

Wait until you're going against players who aren't spamming the same attacks over and over again and are pounding you into the dirt. You'll wish you had teleporting Scorpion back.

Dubz

I hate all the meta-game nonsense in fighters, and this game especially. Just let me access the in-game content without making me jump through hoops, and having to earn unlocks by spending hours doing mindless stuff or finding ways to cheese the AI. I guess there's some sort of causal appeal to unlocking stuff in games, but for me it's a total waste of time, and not relevant at all for this genre. Just let me pick my character, select the visual options I want for him/her, and learn the game. Stop wasting my time.
100% agreed. Unlocking in fighting games has never been an enjoyable experience.

Just wonder why it works for some but not others. Faction related? WB log-in? Definitely not character used, though. I have 100% consistency with it.

THANK YOU!

I'm guessing some people have better kombat kards unlocked and applied which lets them rack up koins. Others probably don't even know the system exists.

Messi

Those are the easiest players to beat though. You figure out what stops those attacks and you've won.

Wait until you're going against players who aren't spamming the same attacks over and over again and are pounding you into the dirt. You'll wish you had teleporting Scorpion back.

This made me laugh way harder than it should have.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm guessing some people have better kombat kards unlocked and applied which lets them rack up koins. Others probably don't even know the system exists.

I don't think it would make THAT much of a difference since some are actually pulling ~30K while others are not even a fourth of that.

Indignate

It has nothing to do with that system.

PC players get 30K for completing any tower, it's just that losing on Endless counts as a completion. Although this doesn't seem to be the case for everyone for whatever reason.

Uraizen

Banned
I'm guessing some people have better kombat kards unlocked which lets them rack up koins.

I doubt it is faction related, but I am White Lotus. Which faction are you?

I'm with the Lin Kuei(sp?), have a WB log-in unlinked with the mobile game, use a card that gives me 100 XP personal/faction + 75 koins per win with Raiden. Despite that card, I let Jacqui get killed since I don't care about my record with her. I have the kombat pack, goro, and blue steel sub-zero skin.

That's about all the factors I can think of that might affect it.

EDIT: Keep asking questions you think that might affect it and I'll try my best to answer.

I could get the biggest pummeling in my life and I still wouldn't wish teleporting Scorpion to return.

Seems to be about 70% of players I've met in my 30 or so online games pick him. It's boring as hell.

It has nothing to do with that system.

PC players get 30K for completing any tower, it's just that losing on Endless counts as a completion. Although this doesn't seem to be the case for everyone for whatever reason.

The losing is a bug, but I could imagine you could get 15-20K from the kards alone if you have the best ones when doing a tower.

Which variation of Kung Lao do you guys find most effective? I have been trying to main him and have been using the Buzzsaw variation but wondering If I should try the others.

Demoskinos

Stop jumping and let him come to you. Block his teleport then punish him for it. Don't run or jump in to him or you'll get hit with the spear. More than likely when he realizes that isn't working you can then whip his ass.

As for sub-zero. Fuck him.

Goro is my sub-zero killer. If people wanna try to hide behind an ice clone i'll just simply do my unblockable stomp

Dr. Buni

Just to illustrate how the endless tower trick doesn't work for me. Before:
pSh9RIW.jpg
After:

Manu

The losing is a bug, but I could imagine you could get 15-20K from the kards alone if you have the best ones when doing a tower.

I have the best available kard at the moment (+300 koins for match won) and getting a double flawless + brutality gives me 787 koins per match.

So no, not even close.

impact

Banned
It's pretty easy to tell if someone is bad at the game before the match starts. Who the hell doesn't disable environmental shit?

Codiox

They reeeeeally need to put in a patch that makes saving match replays optional. Killing my PS+ save uploads.

Absolutely!

I'm clearing everyday about 200mb of this shit. I didn't even know is has a replay function. I mean isn't the share button enough?

malfcn

This.....actually works. I was not expecting that. I just sit there and let the CPU beat me up (which it takes its sweet time to do) and I get awarded 32,784 koins.

If this works on One, that'd be great.
How many koin is needed to unlock the whole krypt?

It's pretty easy to tell if someone is bad at the game before the match starts. Who the hell doesn't disable environmental shit?

Why would you disable the environmental stuff? It's fun! I always make a point to throw the old lady in that one stage, and the monk in that other stage.

FHIZ

Absolutely!

I'm clearing everyday about 200mb of this shit. I didn't even know is has a replay function. I mean isn't the share button enough?

Yeah, it's in the extra menu. DoA does it perfectly. After every match "Do you want to save that replay? Press this button. No? Okay, cool, no problem"

I get like 34k koins kompleting a tower, like test your luck. Test your might is even easier, you complete it in a few minutes and voila 30k + koins

Is it different on consoles?

sosage

A little FG101: if you're getting hit by the same thing over and over again, it's a pretty good indicator that you have a massive hole in your game. Either in your understanding of the game, the match-up, or your fg fundamentals.

As screwed up as some of NRS's decisions are in MKX, getting hit by the same special isn't necessarily a flaw in the game's design.

Get back into training mode for a minute and think about why you're getting eaten alive by certain tactics...and have fun for fuck sake. Good luck.

Top Bottom