• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Uraizen

Banned
Hah, but I actually don't like the faction's leader (Raiden), so I might change once I reach level 50. I think Brotherhood of Shadow would fit me more giving the characters I main.

But I'm your leader. =(

It's pretty easy to tell if someone is bad at the game before the match starts. Who the hell doesn't disable environmental shit?

Me; they're not unblockable like in Injustice and I feel they add to the game by making stages a part of a strategic pick, too. I wouldn't consider myself bad at the game, maybe adequate.

Slurmer

Banned
It's pretty easy to tell if someone is bad at the game before the match starts. Who the hell doesn't disable environmental shit?
Why would anyone turn it off? The developers intended it to be on and it will be on in all major competitive play.

Fmal

Banned
Why would anyone turn it off? The developers intended it to be on and it will be on in all major competitive play.

The guy later on went on to bitch about scorpions that teleport a lot. It's clear he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Anyone else getting the crash error on PS4? It started happening to me after the patch this weekend. Starting to get the feeling that this game is never going to work right. The actual fights online have been super smooth for me but connecting online and matchmaking just take forever. Same with refreshing the faction stuff.

I think I'm done with online.

- Spammer (90% Scorpion or Sub Zero, Ermac)
- Jumper
- Lags and bad connections

No, not fun at all. Don't tell me I can block those teleports and combos. I'm already sitting there blocking for the entire match. I'm not even able to start a combo. If you block they just hit you once from air and continue teleporting and spamming ice attacks. Ridiculous. From now on I'll quit the match as soon as I see someone spamming teleports.

- Jumper

No, not fun at all. Don't tell me I can block those teleports and combos. I'm already sitting there blocking for the entire match. I'm not even able to start a combo. If you block they just hit you once from air and continue teleporting and spamming ice attacks. Ridiculous. From now on I'll quit the match as soon as I see someone spamming teleports.

Uhh... you know you don't have to be crouching to block, right? lol

Fmal

Banned

- Jumper

How can they hit you in the air when every single teleport in this game has a whole shitload of recovery frames on it?

Sounds like you're mad about losing and you've decided to blame everything except the real reason why you lost (hint: it's you).

All this talk of Koins and I'm here at work thinking "hm? I'm sure I have way more Koins than that, and all I've really done is a few towers and barely any online (spent most of my time in training mode).."

I'll check when I get home. PC version btw.

Also spent a crapload in the Krypt already too.

Uraizen

Banned
Raiden pls

They asked for it.

---

Uploading video right now for ya'll; had to cut it at "Refreshing Faction Status" because it wouldn't stop and I had to kill the game. Completely unedited and whatnot. It's 700 megs and 22% done, so give me a bit.

Spades

If you've got the Kombat Pack, the Samurai Pack skins should be available now, right? Because I've got it installed but I don't see any new skins for Kenshi, Shinnok or Kitana.

Uraizen

Banned
If you've got the Kombat Pack, the Samurai Pack skins should be available now, right? Because I've got it installed but I don't see any new skins for Kenshi, Shinnok or Kitana.

What version? Check to see if the DLC actually installed. It might have just been added to your account but didn't download the unlock key yet.

jonezer4

Tapping is impossible. I did it by quickly rubbing the four face buttons back and forth as quick as possible with the bottom of my fist and had my left hand ready to tap L2. lol

Seconded. Don't tap. I rub my knuckles over the face buttons quickly back and forth for the same effect.

Hah, but I actually don't like the faction's leader (Raiden), so I might change once I reach level 50. I think Brotherhood of Shadow would fit me more giving the characters I main.

I don't either, but I chose it because it's the next best choice with no Shirai Ryu around. :p That reminds me though, since it's a new week already. I need to change factions, I had already hit 50 in WL.

Who were the people you stuck with?

Spades

What version? Check to see if the DLC actually installed. It might have just been added to your account but didn't download the unlock key yet.

Xbox One. It did previously say "installation stopped" for the Samurai Pack specifically, but I just redownloaded it and it seems to be showing as installed properly now, but no skins. Perhaps I need a reboot.

Edit: Reboot did the trick.

Indignate

They asked for it.

---

Uploading video right now for ya'll; had to cut it at "Refreshing Faction Status" because it wouldn't stop and I had to kill the game. Completely unedited and whatnot. It's 700 megs and 22% done, so give me a bit.

Why didn't you just stream it and link the vod?

It's what I was thinking of doing.

OmegaDL50

Yeah I got the Kombat Pack on PC and I have Samurai pack already. All three of those characters have their costumes available.

Uraizen

Banned
Why didn't you just stream it and link the vod?

It's what I was thinking of doing.

... Crap, well it's processing right now, so it's too late for that.

Xbox One. It did previously say "installation stopped" for the Samurai Pack specifically, but I just redownloaded it and it seems to be showing as installed properly now, but no skins. Perhaps I need a reboot.

Had a similar issue with KI once. Closing and restarting the game should do the trick.

I don't either, but I chose it because it's the next best choice with no Shirai Ryu around. :p That reminds me though, since it's a new week already. I need to change factions, I had already hit 50 in WL.

Aw man, nobody likes Raiden? Am I the only Raiden main in here?

Anyone else getting the crash error on PS4? It started happening to me after the patch this weekend. Starting to get the feeling that this game is never going to work right. The actual fights online have been super smooth for me but connecting online and matchmaking just take forever. Same with refreshing the faction stuff.
Yup I have had to go offline to start the game after the 1.02 patch. Apparently affects the digital version

Dr. Buni

D'Vorah mainly and I am trying Ermac as well. Fun moveset! I am trying to understand the combos posted at TestYourMight now :p

Which characters are you maining?
Aw man, nobody likes Raiden? Am I the only Raiden main in here?
He is the biggest fuck up in the series. I find it hard to like him, even though his moveset is pretty nice.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!

- Jumper

Come on. Block. Run in. Jump in. Punish!

Face a few Erron Black or Dvorah combo masters. You'll be praying for scrubby spammers.

Fmal

Banned
Did something happen to quitalities? I've had three different people quit on me today, but no quitality. Just a "game session is no longer available" message.

I have the best available kard at the moment (+300 koins for match won) and getting a double flawless + brutality gives me 787 koins per match.

So no, not even close.
I've seen people say there are kards that give more. For example saw this on testyourmight as what you get for maxing out all 5 factions:

Background (Gives 800 koins per faction kill)
Icon (Gives 150 koins per faction kill)
Border (Gives 500 koins per match win)

D'Vorah mainly and I am trying Ermac as well. Fun moveset! I am trying to understand the combos posted at TestYourMight now :p

Which characters are you maining?

He is the biggest fuck up in the series. I find it hard to like him, even though his moveset is pretty nice.

Of course! Haha. Nice, I've only played against Ermac online, maybe twice, but they both gave me trouble. I hope you stick with him!
I actually have more of an understanding in watching videos than reading the inputs. xP

The go-to character is Raiden (Displacer). With Kitana (Assassin), Liu Kang (Flame Fist), Quan Chi (Summoner)

Still messing around with Cassie (Brawler), Kotal Kahn but not sure about any variation right now. I'll be experimenting with Ferra/Torr.

Exactly, Reila. That's how I am with Raiden.

So earlier...

All this talk of Koins and I'm here at work thinking "hm? I'm sure I have way more Koins than that, and all I've really done is a few towers and barely any online (spent most of my time in training mode).."

I'll check when I get home. PC version btw.

Also spent a crapload in the Krypt already too.

..Yeh, I have over 200,000 koins. I'm certain I had close to 400,000 at some point.

80AE842B4973E12BA4860ECB515EA30BDCC175F5

It kinda pisses me off that the PC version gives so many more koins than the console version. I don't think I'll ever unlock everything at the console drop rate.

Indignate

You guys weren't kidding.

People online are not good at all.

It kinda pisses me off that the PC version gives so many more koins than the console version. I don't think I'll ever unlock everything at the console drop rate.

If it helps, we have terrible optimization and my game crashes every 40 minutes or so.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

I'll swap my increased coins for playable online, no more crashing and not being behind on patches.

Skab

Test your might challenge 10 is killing me, my thumb is numb

crying.gif

I just want that revenant Subzero

Are you on pad or stick? If youre on pad, hold it in your left hand, wrap your right hands middle and index finger in your shirt, and rub them across the face buttons like a mad man. Use your left hand to hit the trigger.

Got it (and the ones before it) on the first try this way.

Top Bottom