• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Jeez, that coin difference is massive. I just did two classic towers and 4 living ones and got 26K out of all that, getting gold in each one on top of it.

I DID IT!!!!! my thumb memorized the patttern and I wrapped it with my shirt for help

yTG0R.gif

happy-excited-man.gif

nearly destroyed my right shoulder but it was worth it

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is there a complete list of how to get every costume yet? I see its not all from the krypt

ZangBa

It's not really that big of a deal to unlock stuff in the Krypt. I haven't played THAT much of the game and almost unlocked everything. Just wait for another invasions boss and farm it for coins.

Korezo

Ice clone is so bad in this game, you can be behind it and get hit by so many pokes at random times. Makes sub zero feel like a bad character.

geomon

Ice clone is so bad in this game, you can be behind it and get hit by so many pokes at random times. Makes sub zero feel like a bad character.

You're doing it wrong. Ice clone for those jump happy fools, when they back off, grab it and slap them in the face.

vg260

Yeah that $20 is looking super tempting. Krypt is getting annoying now. NRS are some sneaky fuckers.

I feel like the Krypt is a novelty that's fun for the first week, but becomes an annoyance soon after.

Even for those who just want to use the content without putting in the time, $20 is an absurd asking price..

Dr. Buni

King of the Hill is really fun. That feel when you beat someone and people give you high respect points :p Especially playing D'Vorah. Then I decided to be a smart ass and switch to Jacqui and got bodied.
Of course! Haha. Nice, I've only played against Ermac online, maybe twice, but they both gave me trouble. I hope you stick with him!
I actually have more of an understanding in watching videos than reading the inputs. xP

The go-to character is Raiden (Displacer). With Kitana (Assassin), Liu Kang (Flame Fist), Quan Chi (Summoner)

Still messing around with Cassie (Brawler), Kotal Kahn but not sure about any variation right now. I'll be experimenting with Ferra/Torr.

Exactly, Reila. That's how I am with Raiden.
I will have to try to follow combos by watching videos, because those 1f2d3xxxxx12341092381 are too complicated for me :D

Haven't see any Quan Chis online yet, how is he in Mortal Kombat X?

impact

Banned
Jesus christ.

it's like a MK9 Kung Lao player coming out at first like "yea I don't think Kung has enough priority or damage off his spin combos"

anyway is there any news on another netcode improving patch? This game is gonna die off pretty quick for me with this kind of multiplayer.

Korezo

I think you should keep trying because Sub-Zero is most likely one of the best characters in the game.

Nah, man... nah.

Jesus christ.

thanks for the Good advice, theres ton of time ice clone acts retarded. I use it alot for corner pressure after a knock down, theres a ton of times a guy will jump right on the ice clone and nothing happens or just sweep me right through the ice clone. I seen a ton of times ice clone act weird when Tom Brady is playing. I just want to know why those things happen sometimes.

Dr. Buni

Factions not available. Living towers not available.

What's up with the online stuff??
Online is wonky as hell. I just played some online matches, closed the online to do something else and then tried to play more matches a few minutes ago. The game is on "Reading stats data" for around 5 minutes. I also can't access Living Towers for most of the day either.
But Jacqui is good too...
Oh, the issue isn't Jacqui. The issue is me playing Jacqui. The only character I practiced so far is D'Vorah.

Test your might challenge 10 is killing me, my thumb is numb

Are you on pad or stick? If youre on pad, hold it in your left hand, wrap your right hands middle and index finger in your shirt, and rub them across the face buttons like a mad man. Use your left hand to hit the trigger.

Got it (and the ones before it) on the first try this way.

Yep. Old school trick. I actually use all for fingers. Only instead of using a shirt, I curl up my fingers and use the surface of my fingernails instead and across all four buttons.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The most annoying part about online is it constantly booting you to the starting menu where it resays "connecting to online" and stuff. There's no reason it should do that if I leave a koth room to get into another one, it's really tedious getting around the menu.

Edit: Am I the only one that uses my index and middle fingers for test your might? Lol

King of the Hill is really fun. That feel when you beat someone and people give you high respect points :p Especially playing D'Vorah. Then I decided to be a smart ass and switch to Jacqui and got bodied.

I will have to try to follow combos by watching videos, because those 1f2d3xxxxx12341092381 are too complicated for me :D

Haven't see any Quan Chis online yet, how is he in Mortal Kombat X?

It really is! But then you get haters who give you a score of 0. -.- I would do the same back, but it'd be score for the other player as well. >.< Ha, I know the feel with switch. :p

Yeah, it can be a little complicated. I guess it's just because you actually see what's going on that you already get a feel of how things work. And how timing is for certain things.

He's really fun for me! Although I haven't found any good approaching attacks for him yet. Specifically any good lows/overheads, but I didn't get much time with him.

I have one decent combo that gives me 35%+ with no meter.

BadAss2961

So I downloaded the Samurai Pack from the game's menu. It crashed and sent me back to PS4 desktop. Now the game crashes and does the same every time I try to load it. Is this a known problem? Any options?

I always back up my saves to the cloud, and i'm wondering if i'll have to try using them.

Kinsei

Banned
KOTH Respect is a joke. I only get respect after one win and then it's zeros from there on out. A compete salt bath

Every room I've been hands out between 6 and 10 for repeated wins. I guess I've been lucky.

So I downloaded the Samurai Pack from the game's menu. It crashed and sent me back to PS4 desktop. Now the game crashes and does the same every time I try to load it. Is this a known problem? Any options?

I always back up my saves to the cloud, and i'm wondering if i'll have to try using them.

Go into your network settings and uncheck "Connect to the Internet". Once you get past the splash screens go back into your settings and recheck it. It's annoying, but all you can do until NRS patches whatever glitch is causing the crashes.

Just learn lius strings and I block wait to punish. I always see Liu players do a low high string then go for flying kick.

What's a good way to punish the Double Dragon kick? I main Cassie and can only get a punish if they use it point blank. Move lets him clear the entire screen and leaves him safe.

Top Bottom