• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

BadAss2961

Go into your network settings and uncheck "Connect to the Internet". Once you get past the splash screens go back into your settings and recheck it. It's annoying, but all you can do until NRS patches whatever glitch is causing the crashes.
Thanks.

Is this a recent bug? I've been playing since launch, and this is the only time this has happened.

ryan13ts

Has anyone played against someone using Jason online yet? I played a random match with a guy and Jason was visible on the select screen, as well as Tanya. The guy almost selected him but chose Sub-Zero in the end.

I guess that proves some people have him already, but I want to see him in action myself.

molnizzle

Where can I go to see combo examples and general strategy? I'm sick of hunting shit down from every corner of the internet. I'm relatively new to (actually learning) fighting games but my patience is wearing thin.

Has anyone played against someone using Jason online yet? I played a random match with a guy and Jason was visible on the select screen, as well as Tanya. The guy almost selected him but chose Sub-Zero in the end.

I guess that proves some people have him already, but I want to see him in action myself.

No one has him already. Sometimes you will see Jason on the selection screen but he's not selectable.

Where can I go to see combo examples and general strategy? I'm sick of hunting shit down from every corner of the internet. I'm relatively new to (actually learning) fighting games but my patience is wearing thin.

Testyourmight.com is a mortal kombat forum everything you need is there.

Dr. Buni

He's really fun for me! Although I haven't found any good approaching attacks for him yet. Specifically any good lows/overheads, but I didn't get much time with him.

I have one decent combo that gives me 35%+ with no meter.
I just played with him a bit and I was so confused. Sorcerer Quan Cheesy have so many special moves.

I need one of those for D'Vorah. The best I can do with her is 31% meterless (but is a stupidly brain dead combo that a lot of people don't seem to know how to deal with)

Uraizen

Banned
I like Raiden! One of his Thunder God combos is the only +30% combo I can get consistently with any character.

The 45% corner combo and pushback on his lightning is nice, too. Haven't even tried other characters because I have no interest in them.

ryan13ts

No one has him already. Sometimes you will see Jason on the selection screen but he's not selectable.

Apparently someone has him because there are stats online for him like there are for other characters, like showing how many times he's been chosen on a certain variation. Apparently two of them are called Slasher and Unstoppable (Haven't seen the 3rd variation yet).

It's probably just the developers, but he has been played online.

Thanks. Was trying to find stuff on SRK but no MK forum it looks like... I thought they had one for MK9.

Yea Srk mostly caters to Capcom games. They may have subforums for other games like MK but it doesn't stay active for long. Luckily there are plenty of sites that focus on other games.

Testyourmight.com - Mortal Kombat
Dustloop - Guilty Gear/Blazblue/Anime
Tekkenzaibatsu - Tekken
DreamCancel - KIng of Fighters.

My most damaging corner combo with Raiden is 47% that uses two bars. Then after it's done you can go for an overhead/low or even neutral jump because his attack has some reach. Which you then start another combo.

Displacer Raiden is best.

I just played with him a bit and I was so confused. Sorcerer Quan Cheesy have so many special moves.

I need one of those for D'Vorah. The best I can do with her is 31% meterless (but is a stupidly brain dead combo that a lot of people don't seem to know how to deal with)

Quan Cheesy. Lol

I haven't used any other variation but Summoner. I need Puggles The Demon Bat. xP Since he only gains one move in that variation, which the bat summon.

I wonder what that combo is exactly? I had the game with me right now, I'd go experiment for you.

molnizzle

I'm thinking that maybe I should try learn a different character than Cassie... do all characters rely this heavily on run canceling? I just can't get it down.

Fmal

Banned
I'm thinking that maybe I should try learn a different character than Cassie... do all characters rely this heavily on run canceling? I just can't get it down.

Most characters get their optimum damage from run cancelling. Erron Black and Kung Jin are two I can think of that don't, though.

Either way, you shouldn't give up. Once you learn how to Run Cancel you should be able to play any character in this game.

Nori Chan

I guess I got lucky when I did my 10 win in a row achievement. I faced 2x Erron Black (one who would try to zone and one who would spam his drop kick move that hits low), a raiden, a sub zero (the one that has he ice shield), a Goro (who was pretty legit but rarely blocked low) a kung Jin (who would either some or overhead flip kick), Kung Lao ( spammed dive kicks and teleports), F/T and kitana.

Not too bad lol

exYle

Mileena: Repulsive human.
Johnny: Sleeping with Baraka's repulsive.
Mileena: Who told you this?!

dead2.gif

I'm so lucky that Scorpion can do good damage without run cancelling. I don't think I'm ready for that right now but I'll get around to it. I usually get at least 35% off one touch.

Fmal

Banned
I'm pretty sure that's not the case with the Dragon's Fire variant. I'll do some more testing later though.

Dragon Kick is -8 on block and leaves LK in range for most neutral 1 attacks. You have to be close to frame perfect, but just messing around in training now I've been able to punish it consistently.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I haven't done any run cancelling with Ermac yet. MoS variant has a 37% meterless combo anywhere on the screen as well.

vg260

Mileena: Repulsive human.
Johnny: Sleeping with Baraka's repulsive.
Mileena: Who told you this?!

Rated M game where the fighters rip limbs off and disembowel each other: "sleeping with". Thanks NR for looking after our sensibilities.

Tell me if I'm wrong but are Goro and Shinnok (well he has to be) always the last two opponents in everyone's classic tower?

Goro was pissing me off trying to complete Johnny's tower.

Finishing Story mode and I'll resume beating everyone's classic tower but so far I've only done Subzero and Johnny Cage (my two faves).

J-Tier

I'm sick of losing to randoms online by dropping combos due to lag and losing to "noob" Sub-Zeros constantly.

Added myself to the doc.

I'm an "okay" player looking to get better.

Dr. Buni

Sleeping with Baraka. Jesus, Mileena.
Rated M game where the fighters rip limbs off and disembowel each other: "sleeping with". Thanks NR for looking after our sensibilities.
I honestly prefer it this way.
I haven't used any other variation but Summoner. I need Puggles The Demon Bat. xP Since he only gains one move in that variation, which the bat summon.
Of course you do XD

Is the summon even useful?

Indignate

So I'm in Lin Kuei and I'm getting 36K every time I do the war tower, which is one fight.

It's infinite super meter, x-rays kill, and the AI doesn't really block.

It takes seconds.

It doesn't seem like the tower itself is updating (like I think it's suppose to) so I can just do this over and over again.

EDIT: Probably only works on the PC and for those who were already getting up to 30k from towers.

Top Bottom