• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

The intros are so good.

Probably one of my favorite things about the game.

Erron Black: Walk away, Torr.
Ferra: Torr walk on your head!
Erron Black: Further proof of a godless universe.

Kenshi: Your voice is kind of annoying.
Ferra: Ferra rip your ears off!
Kenshi: Well that's...considerate.

Of course you do XD

Is the summon even useful?

Shush! My friend wanted me to because of my name, so I stuck with it. xD

It's actually pretty useful. Puggles can be used to zone, or extend combos. It can fly in low, forward, shoot out a projectile and grab an enemy. All while doing other things.

Quan Chi can shoot out a Skull projectile while puggles flies in, or you can send it out in mid combo to keep you safe. Etc.

This intro is ace too. Jacqui with them burns.

Jacqui: You don't scare me.
Kung Lao: How may I change your mind?
Jacqui: Change your name to Liu Kang.

supa-hot-fire.gif

mreddie

So apparently Kitana is both Grey Delisle Griffin and Karen Strassman, two VAs doing one character. I'm so confused. Is this like with Jax where he sounds older in the intros but certain times, you can hear his MK9 voice actor?

Dr. Buni

The best thing about the intros is how a lot of characters love provoking Kung Lao comparing him to Liu Kang

"Liu Kang lite"
"Change your name to Liu Kang"
"Liu Kang's shadow"
"Mr. Inferiority Complex"

etc lol
Shush! My friend wanted me to because of my name, so I stuck with it. xD

It's actually pretty useful. Puggles can be used to zone, or extend combos. It can fly in low, forward, shoot out a projectile and grab an enemy. All while doing other things.

Quan Chi can shoot out a Skull projectile while puggles flies in, or you can send it out in mid combo to keep you safe. Etc.
That sounds complicated. I hope I never fight against a Summoner Quan Cheesy D:

Dubz

How do I change my card ID thingy. I can't find the option to do so in any menu.

EDIT: Found it in the Faction Menu via the Online Menu

That sounds complicated. I hope I never fight against a Summoner Quan Cheesy D:

Yeah, it can be complicated. This is probably my only technical character that I've ever tried to learn. :p Don't worry, from my online experience. I seem to be the only Summoner Quan Chi.

It's always the one with the portals.

Rocketz

Decided to treat myself. Was going to wait to pick it up but the combination of getting a new job and watching Max's streams was too much. Installing right now, super pumped to play.

Dr. Buni

Yeah, it can be complicated. This is probably my only technical character that I've ever tried to learn. :p Don't worry, from my online experience. I seem to be the only Summoner Quan Chi.

It's always the one with the portals.
Too bad there is no cross play, which means there is no way for me to fight against you.

Not surprised, those portals look really cool.

molnizzle

Is there any way to turn something on that shows when I can or can't input a new command? Hopefully that makes sense. I've been in training mode for a few hours now and I feel like my timing is worse than when I started... seems so random.

mrplaid

A billion apologies upfront, but I have to ask... I'm not in the minority thinking that the Xbox 360 controller analog stick is pretty much useless for fighting games, right? I'd like to buy a decent gamepad (not a $200 fight-stick) to use with MKX on the PC. Would someone be kind enough to point me towards a suitable replacement for my 360 gamepad?

Is there any way to turn something on that shows when I can or can't input a new command? Hopefully that makes sense. I've been in training mode for a few hours now and I feel like my timing is worse than when I started... seems so random.
Set release check to off in wireless controller preset.

A billion apologies upfront, but I have to ask... I'm not in the minority thinking that the Xbox 360 controller analog stick is pretty much useless for fighting games, right? I'd like to buy a decent gamepad (not a $200 fight-stick) to use with MKX on the PC. Would someone be kind enough to point me towards a suitable replacement for my 360 gamepad?
Get a dualshock 4. It has a great dpad for fighting games. You just need to install ds4tool for it to work.

Dualshock 4

Wallach

If you're going to play on pad, I actually think the XB1 pad is pretty good for this game. The D-Pad is well suited to this game's inputs (and doesn't wreck your thumb like the DS4's). The triggers are also a little easier to use for meter burns.

Dubz

Can I ever get matched up with a person of my skill level. I just face four opponents in a row with 90% win loss ratios. One dude was 527-21. Where are my fellow 14-21 players?

Connecting to Online after every match is fucking terrible. Why do I have to connect to a mode I am already connected to?

malfcn

Started the story on Xbox One and was getting alot of choppy play. During cinematic and end of story matches. Normal?

And me want koins. 😕

DarkPhoenix

Neo Member
I'm not very into MK but I'm enjoying the game via iOS, I know that it's a reduced version of the original but WB and NR did a great job, Injustice was great too.

mrplaid

Get a dualshock 4. It has a great dpad for fighting games. You just need to install ds4tool for it to work.

Hmm. I assume it's better than the Dual Shock 3 (which I'm not even sure I could pair to my machine without using blood magic). I'll give that shot. Thanks!

DD-11

Love this game, but xrays are fucking stupid. No input complexity, little risk, easy to combo into, and way too much damage. What were they thinking? And I thought up downs were bad...

How to beat the final titanium statue in test your might it is impossible I mash very hard tried a cloth tried pen, I think I'm doing it wrong?

Love this game, but xrays are fucking stupid. No input complexity, little risk, easy to combo into, and way too much damage. What were they thinking? And I thought up downs were bad...

I don't see how they're any different from the super moves in other fighting games. The big difference is that the X-Ray move uses the same meter that governs your ability to break combos.

And why should the inputs be complex? It's not like a double quarter-circle to do a super in Street Fighter is exactly hard.

Top Bottom