• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

I live in Edmonton, Alberta, 30u/10d, and I get way more good games than bad.

I think people are just fucking their combos up under pressure and looking for a convenient excuse.

Nah, a friend of mine in the UK has been playing laggy as fuck games against other people in the UK and he showed me a video of it.

Trickster

Really? I can. So can lots of other people. Maybe the problem is with you.

Man I am so tired of the input delay in this game online. I simply can't replicate anything from practice because of input delay

But no, I am actually pretty sure the problem isn't only with me. If it was, and the netcode in the game, pc version e-fucking-specially, was just great. Then a whole metricton of people have been lying since release.

Me writing that post in frustration after a loss was preceeded by a CTD, game session drop and another game with input delay and frameskips.

Had a great night in King of the Hill. 15 streak through matches that were mostly pretty enjoyably lag free until the last match where a really laggy Cassie pretty much outspammed me. D'vorah is love. Pulling off 40% one meter combos feels really good and is starting to be something I can do reliably,though the setup can be hard. Mostly I just utilize her really good pokes. Also I play on the PC. I feel like the netkode is still really lackluster, but every now and then you'll get lucky and get some really smooth matches and wonder at what could be.

I don't really care for either of her fatalities. I wish one of them was replaced with (story spoiler)
the way she offed Mileena. Something about the lip to lip contact and the bugs devouring her from within was just so unsettling. Probably the most disgusting fatality in the series for me.

Tokubetsu

Where are you guys located that are having lag and input problems?

I'm in Colombia and haven't had a single issue (mid-fight that is, had plenty problems connecting and trying to get a fight up and running). 20mb internet here in Bogotá. Have had nothing but flawless games of the 40 or so I've played. May as well have been played with the other guy sat next me for how well they ran. Weird.

Haven't had a lot of problems either (South Florida). For every bad match lag wise I'll usually get 3-5 really solid ones.

Durden77

I still don't quite understand the faction stuff. Do I have to play as certain characters for this stuff to matter? Like if I'm in Lin Kuei, if I play as Kano does that not count? And how long do I actually have to complete these challenges before they reset?

And it says we won, but I'm guessing that another war is immediately started afterwards and we're just the "champions" now? Is that the counter at the top saying 5 days?

Either way, go Lin Kuei. Subs fo lyfe.

Khezu

Ugh we still can't use jason??

I thought kombat pack owners got to play em a week earlier

I think they were talking about the 28th officially, so maybe he'll pop tomorrow for Kombat Pack duders.

Wont see Jason at least for a week.
Dev mentioned that a new patch will hit in a week or so, one that contains bug fixes, and more Jason data, so it doesn't seem like he is fully out just yet.

malfcn

LOL, Raiden xray is fucking stupid.
I jump up and hit him with Takeda air spear and I get pummeled.

Even the guy with his mic on was like "WTF I'm sorry."

Cutthroat Kano is some shit. Gaddamn I love him.

I have yet to go against a Kano. I'm dreading it though, because my friend's Kano gave me nightmares every time. ;__;

LOL, Raiden xray is fucking stupid.
I jump up and hit him with Takeda air spear and I get pummeled.

Even the guy with his mic on was like "WTF I'm sorry."

Haha, even the player calls out bullshit on his own stuff. That's how you know it truly is. xD

malfcn

Ran into one of those Scorpion teleporters. He just went back and forth and back and forth and back and forth. Even blocking him I couldn't do jack shit.

OmegaDL50

I think I've unlocked everything in the krypt :| - not sure though there might be something I've missed.

Yeah the same. There were times I heard that noise that signifies a hidden chest spawning and by the time I get to the chest it disappears in front of me.

So I'm assuming the rest of the Krypt items are these condition based chests.

I cleared the Spider Caves, Shao Kahn's Mausoleum, and the NetherRealm, as well as the Dark Woods, and the only thing is missing is one or two Fatalities and some Brutalities.

Of course I could have simply walked passed a box by mistake, but there if I missed anything in the Spider Caves forget it. I cleared it out entirely for a reason, I'm not going back there again.

ZangBa

Welp, I got the trophy for the "secret fight". I knew what the trophy was for as soon as I saw the new tower. Kinda disappointed, but whatever.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Ran into one of those Scorpion teleporters. He just went back and forth and back and forth and back and forth. Even blocking him I couldn't do jack shit.

I've really yet to play against someone using Scorpion too cheaply, badly yeah, but not like that.

Ermac and Kitana, though...

Arksy

Yeah the same. There were times I heard that noise that signifies a hidden chest spawning and by the time I get to the chest it disappears in front of me.

So I'm assuming the rest of the Krypt items are these condition based chests.

I cleared the Spider Caves, Shao Kahn's Mausoleum, and the NetherRealm, as well as the Dark Woods, and the only thing is missing is one or two Fatalities and some Brutalities.

Of course I could have simply walked passed a box by mistake, but there if I missed anything in the Spider Caves forget it. I cleared it out entirely for a reason, I'm not going back there again.

Don't forget that there are little secret rooms in both the the caves before you place the gem, and in front of that shao khan statue in the mausoleum...little patches of light on the floor that give you access to a second level.

For what it's worth I've just gambled like 100k koins away and got a shitton of emoticons, some concept art and a brutality or two. I think gambling and those condition based chests give you the same rewards.

malfcn

I think I found out how to punish. Basically you have to have a combo. A d2 misses his teleport.
Just beat a 33-9 Scorpion, Take that!

Trickster

Man I don't understand how some people play this game. Was playing a Cassie mirrormatch rather halfassed without really caring about winning, I lose first round, win second round, other Cassie doesn't really seem that great.

Then in the last round the guy manages to hit me with the combo I've been blocking the first 2 rounds, then manges to get a 33% meterless combo involving run cancel off that, and I'm like "damn, that was pretty damn nice". And then right after he fucking does it again.

Just to be clear, I'm not salty, that's not what this post is. I just don't understand, dude was playing honestly pretty shit, couldn't block for shit and I really wasn't trying very hard. But somehow this guy manages to pull off a better combo than I've been able to in practice mode, twice in a row, flawlessly. Like, this blows my mind. Dude turned pulls off awesome combo's, but outside of those he played around my level, more aggresive than me but with complete garbage defenseíve game.

Man I don't understand how some people play this game. Was playing a Cassie mirrormatch rather halfassed without really caring about winning, I lose first round, win second round, other Cassie doesn't really seem that great.

Then in the last round the guy manages to hit me with the combo I've been blocking the first 2 rounds, then manges to get a 33% meterless combo involving run cancel off that, and I'm like "damn, that was pretty damn nice". And then right after he fucking does it again.

Just to be clear, I'm not salty, that's not what this post is. I just don't understand, dude was playing honestly pretty shit, couldn't block for shit and I really wasn't trying very hard. But somehow this guy manages to pull off a better combo than I've been able to in practice mode, twice in a row, flawlessly. Like, this blows my mind. Dude turned pulls off awesome combo's, but outside of those he played around my level, more aggresive than me but with complete garbage defenseíve game.
http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Sandbagging

Trickster

Uuuuuugh, game just crashed for the billionth time. Denying me my rematch agains't a goro player. I was salty after the loss, but the crash is just way worse. This fucking needs to get fixed soon

Opto

Banned
I don't even know how combos start and I just keep getting my shit pushed in.

I mean, I know combos, but every one is somehow faster

BadAss2961

Uppercut that fucker after you block the teleport. Easier than full combo punishing it online.

Haven't had a lot of problems either (South Florida). For every bad match lag wise I'll usually get 3-5 really solid ones.

2/3 matches are super laggy for me, but then again, i bought the US version and live in Europe.

Thanks Boon for regionlocking me to play with americans only :(

Trickster

I don't even know how combos start and I just keep getting my shit pushed in.

I mean, I know combos, but every one is somehow faster

Sounds like you're having problems with getting out of pressure? If so then I can relate. Problem is that in order to be able to even try and counterattack, you have to let go of the block button, so you have to leave yourself completely open in order to attempt to counterattack. And it's definitely hard to find those moments where a counterattack is possible unless it's some obvious move like a crazy unsafe move like a teleport of something.

hows this game play online, is there much lag pc and xbone

PC is bad. You'll have to deal with very frequent CTD's and gamedrops. Lag itself will vary, some matches won't have lag, others definitely will.

Maybe they will do a stream for him this week

I think they said they would do one for the dlc characters I don't remember tho.

I really do hope so. I love Jason, even if I still find it weird, I want to know how he'll play.

I assume he'll have a run speed like Goro, and hit like a truck. Mostly curious to his variations.

The Mortal Kombat 1 Tower that just showed up for the week. You can probably guess what the secret fight is. :/

Ahh, well that's kind of lame. I expected more fromthat.

malfcn

So I am in a Survivor KOTH, and the dude has full health every match. I thought the point was their health was from the last match.

Top Bottom