• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

So I am in a Survivor KOTH, and the dude has full health every match. I thought the point was their health was from the last match.

The survivor can gain back health from performing certain things. X-Ray, Breaker, Interactable, etc. The amount of health varies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Dunno the specifics but I got a double flawless on the first fight and a flawless on a few others, it didn't show up until the ~5th or 6th fight.

Softgels

Banned
That story is a meeeeeeeesss lol. Idk what the point was in rebooting it only to make it just as complicated in the next game. This game also reinforces the long known fact that characters after MK3 suck besides like...3 people. The scene in jail cell with all the next gen expies playing top this with how shitty their parents were was just...lol uguuu.

Gameplay wise it is tight tight tight, though.

Dr. Buni

That story is a meeeeeeeesss lol. Idk what the point was in rebooting it only to make it just as complicated in the next game. This game also reinforces the long known fact that characters after MK3 suck besides like...3 people. The scene in jail cell with all the next gen expies playing top this with how shitty their parents were was just...lol uguuu.

Gameplay wise it is tight tight tight, though.
The story was nice :)

So I'm in Lin Kuei and I'm getting 36K every time I do the war tower, which is one fight.

It's infinite super meter, x-rays kill, and the AI doesn't really block.

It takes seconds.

It doesn't seem like the tower itself is updating (like I think it's suppose to) so I can just do this over and over again.

EDIT: Probably only works on the PC and for those who were already getting up to 30k from towers.

Just a question, what background/border/icon are you using ? Maybe one of them is bugged.

So, I'm just getting around to trying online mode. Is it broken for anyone else on ps4? I prefer vs mode, both ranked and non ranked take 2-5 minutes to find a match. Even though I'm 0-2 I ALWAYS getting matched up with some no lifer who is 200-5

Indignate

Keep It Secret achievement.

MK1 Living Tower (it's the daily)

Get to Match 6.

Get a flawless on any round (I got it on my 2nd, don't think it matters. You can retry by just pausing and selecting another fighter.)

Fatality.

Just a question, what background/border/icon are you using ? Maybe one of them is bugged.

I change it all the time. Doesn't matter.

Just to throw everything out there. I've completed story mode and have the Kombat Pack. I don't own Goro but I know someone who does so this shouldn't matter either. Faction doesn't matter for that same reason. Can't think of anything else that would be different. This has worked for me since day one (or day two or whenever the hell this game actually started to function properly).

Some PC players are just able to get up to 36K for completing a tower for some reason. The only important thing about the method I mentioned is being in the Lin Kuei because since they are the current champions, they can do the war tower which is just one easy fight (as oppose to the other method of Endless Tower where you had to stand there and lose the first fight, which took a couple of minutes).

Maybe the other factions can do this as well. I'm not sure if they have a war tower as well or how many fights it is to complete.

Either way, if you weren't already getting that many coins from towers, this probably won't work.

JoeInky

I can get a refund for the PC version if I bought this in the UK right?

Worst port I've ever had the pleasure of playing, no idea why I preordered now. It actually ran better before it was fully installed but now I have to do a hard reset whenever I start the game or if I'm lucky I have to do it 3 minutes into the story mode.

Fucking awful.

So I am still getting faction errors on ps4. Is this my game or are they actually still having problems with the servers?

Edit: Well it finally connected and told me my faction won. What is the deal with the Invasion stuff I have never been able to select it it is always red text.

NEO0MJ

ANyone have a link to a guide that shows how to unlock everything? Gamefaqs only has the Crypt info.

Worst port I've ever had the pleasure of playing, no idea why I preordered now. It actually ran better before it was fully installed but now I have to do a hard reset whenever I start the game or if I'm lucky I have to do it 3 minutes into the story mode.

Funny how it was the opposite for me, I was really worried at the start because I couldn't even start practice mode/single match, but now it works fine, other then the low framerate at some stages (though part of this is how weak my laptop is now) and the buggy Dead Wood stage.
Still, WB really fucked this up and should have gone to some actually capable studio to port this.

zogged

Finally got around to beating Test your Might and got a message saying I unlocked
The Beast and Kamidogu
. Anyone know what they're for/what they do?

Quesa

After the Getaway Flip/run, see if you can incorporate Blood Stain (FK, FK {A, A on Xbox}). It does more damage than the Turn Left (FP, BP {X, Y on Xbox}) that you are currently using, so you should get a slightly higher damage rate before scaling gets worse. The final combo and ender you have is fine, but you can also do Don't Blink (BP, FP, BP {Y, X, Y on Xbox}) again for an extra hit and cancel into the Take Down for a little bit more damage. Or cancel into Diving Glow Kick (B, F BK+BLK {B, F B + RT on Xbox}) if you want to burn meter and do a little more damage as well.

Let me know if any of this helps!

thanks! I'll try it out when I get home from work.

Kinsei

Banned
Any tips for a beginner years-removed from the series and generally terrible at fighting games?

Some basic stuff
Combos are very important
Uppercuts and teleports are very goood online as a lot of people don't block
If you get too frustrated with a specific character you can skip their fights in story mode.
practice, practice, practice
For combos go to Test Your Might (the website, not the game mode) and check out videos for the character(s) you want to use

Varth

Any tips for a beginner years-removed from the series and generally terrible at fighting games?

I found it really useful to go to Practice mode, set the IA of the character I want to train with to max difficulty, and let him loose. See the most interesting combos, set the IA back to sparring, and practice them.

Gumbie

I can get a refund for the PC version if I bought this in the UK right?

Fucking awful.

Damn is it still that bad? I've got it on PS4 but was thinking about double dipping on PC to play with some friends.

Trickster

Get used to blocking and then counterattacking whenever the opponent does something stupid like full screen raw teleport moves.

Get familiar with your charater(s) moves and learn their most basic stuff, which you can find under the ***** movelist

When you manage to get on the offensive, just keep hammering away. Counterattacking is pretty difficult in this game unless your opponent really knows what he's doing.

Damn is it still that bad? I've got it on PS4 but was thinking about double dipping on PC to play with some friends.

Game crashes very often, and game session drops for no reason at any point in a match is also common. Delay is also an issue of varying degree's. Some matches are good lag/latency wise, but sometimes you will be playing many feet underwater. Knowing what I know, I would definitely not double dip for the pc version if I had the ps4 version given the current form of the online part of the game.

Oh yeah, faction and living towers are unavailable all the time as well

Advice from a scrub, so take it with a grain of salt:

Choose one character you like and learn him first. Trying to learn multiple characters when you're starting to learn the game is probably too much to take in at once.

Learn to block. Very important. I still have trouble with this.

Learn a couple of decent combos. They don't need to be the 20-hit, 40+% combos that you see some people do. 20-30% is pretty fine. The important thing is that you're able to pull it off consistently, so spend some time in training mode.

The computer isn't the optimal way to learn the game, but it's better than being destroyed by someone with a 500-0 record online with no idea what you're doing wrong. Try playing the Klassic Tower with your character on increasing difficulty levels. When you can win on Very Hard, you might have a chance online. (I can't, so I don't go online).

Most importantly, try to have fun. Don't do like me and get furious when you lose. Losing should be a learning experience.

JoeInky

I actually think it's triggered that nvidia driver error that's fucking impossible to fix (or atleast it used to be, I haven't had it since I upgraded) because even games that I've played for ages and have no business crashing are now doing so and causing me to have to hard reset.

So yeah, it's bad.

Even when I was installing and it was a bit more playable there was still a 50% chance of crashing whenever I paused in game, but I could atleast alt+tab out of it then.

I actually think it's triggered that nvidia driver error that's fucking impossible to fix (or atleast it used to be, I haven't had it since I upgraded) because even games that I've played for ages and have no business crashing are now doing so and causing me to have to hard reset.

So yeah, it's bad.

Even when I was installing and it was a bit more playable there was still a 50% chance of crashing whenever I paused in game, but I could atleast alt+tab out of it then.

What is this driver error? It sounds like what happened to my 970.

JoeInky

What is this driver error? It sounds like what happened to my 970.

Something like nvldmkm display driver crashing.

It happened to my old 460 SE, and something just happened to it once where a game completely crashed my PC and ever since that, practically any game would have a chance to cause the display driver to crash.

It's apparently really common because there were about 20 different solutions I found but none of them worked, I basically just bought all new parts to rid myself of it so I'm really hoping this hasn't caused it again because I only just upgraded last year.

av2k

Does anyone know how much MK gold we need in total to completely unlock everything in the Krypt? I want to save up and just go crazy in the Krypt one day, it'll be glorious.

Dinosur

Test your might is impossible. I get to the 8 one and then my fingers scream in pain. Tips from the pros?

I think the "trick" is that it actually cares about hitting all four face buttons which is why people keep thinking you need a pencil.

Put the controller on your leg, with one of the triggers right up against your pants/shorts/skirt/whatever. Use the index and middle fingers of both hands to mash one button apiece. Once the circle turns green, kinda shove the controller against your leg which activates the trigger.

Test your might is impossible. I get to the 8 one and then my fingers scream in pain. Tips from the pros?

I had no problems until the last one and I did that one with the help of my wife and my nephew lol: I had square triangle R2, my wife kept mashing the O and the kid the X. We did it first try in this formula. :))

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Something like nvldmkm display driver crashing.

It happened to my old 460 SE, and something just happened to it once where a game completely crashed my PC and ever since that, practically any game would have a chance to cause the display driver to crash.

It's apparently really common because there were about 20 different solutions I found but none of them worked, I basically just bought all new parts to rid myself of it so I'm really hoping this hasn't caused it again because I only just upgraded last year.

I'm getting the same online, especially in KOTH. Nvidia driver has crashed and recovered. GTX 970.

Some basic stuff
Combos are very important
Uppercuts and teleports are very goood online as a lot of people don't block
If you get too frustrated with a specific character you can skip their fights in story mode.
practice, practice, practice
For combos go to Test Your Might (the website, not the game mode) and check out videos for the character(s) you want to use
I found it really useful to go to Practice mode, set the IA of the character I want to train with to max difficulty, and let him loose. See the most interesting combos, set the IA back to sparring, and practice them.
Get used to blocking and then counterattacking whenever the opponent does something stupid like full screen raw teleport moves.

Get familiar with your charater(s) moves and learn their most basic stuff, which you can find under the ***** movelist

When you manage to get on the offensive, just keep hammering away. Counterattacking is pretty difficult in this game unless your opponent really knows what he's doing.
Advice from a scrub, so take it with a grain of salt:

Choose one character you like and learn him first. Trying to learn multiple characters when you're starting to learn the game is probably too much to take in at once.

Learn to block. Very important. I still have trouble with this.

Learn a couple of decent combos. They don't need to be the 20-hit, 40+% combos that you see some people do. 20-30% is pretty fine. The important thing is that you're able to pull it off consistently, so spend some time in training mode.

The computer isn't the optimal way to learn the game, but it's better than being destroyed by someone with a 500-0 record online with no idea what you're doing wrong. Try playing the Klassic Tower with your character on increasing difficulty levels. When you can win on Very Hard, you might have a chance online. (I can't, so I don't go online).

Most importantly, try to have fun. Don't do like me and get furious when you lose. Losing should be a learning experience.

Sound advice, all.

I used to main Scorpion back in the day, and from what I can tell he's still pretty versatile and noob friendly, but I'll probably end up picking one of the newer characters so who knows. Are there any good tutorial videos out there by character that don't have any story/fatality spoilers?

vg260

Cleared TYM tower with no problem. Only failed once on the final one. Put the controller on your lap. Use the fingertips of four fingers and press buttons in a piano-like fashion, not all at the same time. Use your other hand to hit the shoulder buttons to strike.

Top Bottom