• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Cleared TYM tower with no problem. Only failed once on the final one. Put the controller on your lap. Use the fingertips of four fingers and press buttons in a piano-like fashion, not all at the same time. Use your other hand to hit the shoulder buttons to strike.

I actually use all four fingers. I curl up my fingers and use the surface of my fingernails instead and move my hand back and fourth across all four buttons.

Spades

Finally managed to track down one of these.

Qo4q1q5.jpg

mBo290X.jpg

First impressions are awesome. Feels so good!

So, being relatively new to actually following fighting games, I'm wondering how long it should be before an accurate tier list is released. I took a look at the one on eventhubs, just out of curiosity, but I have no idea what is accurate and what isn't.

In general, would people consider MKX to be balanced or unbalanced?

Nemesis_

Okay guys I don't want to bag out the game but I am not sure if it's me being shit either.

So many matches I find after waiting a good three or so minutes. We get into the character select screen and if it doesn't fuck up then it'll fuck up a few minutes into the match.

I just get an ending game message then a "game session is no longer aavailable" message. Is this the person quitting because I'm definitely not quitting.

The matches themselves run fine up until this point too so I'm sure it's not lag.

Dr. Buni

Okay guys I don't want to bag out the game but I am not sure if it's me being shit either.

So many matches I find after waiting a good three or so minutes. We get into the character select screen and if it doesn't fuck up then it'll fuck up a few minutes into the match.

I just get an ending game message then a "game session is no longer aavailable" message. Is this the person quitting because I'm definitely not quitting.

The matches themselves run fine up until this point too so I'm sure it's not lag.
Happens to me all the time unless I am playing against people in the rooms or King of the Hill. PC version here.

Trickster

Kinda pissed I switched factions right after getting level 50 -_- I knew it reset but I thought I'd keep the badges, etc.

Well, back to grinding.

so wait, the stuff you unlock via a faction is only active while you're at the required standing/level with that faction? Never switching from Lin kuei if that's the case lol

Does anyone know how much MK gold we need in total to completely unlock everything in the Krypt? I want to save up and just go crazy in the Krypt one day, it'll be glorious.

600k should unlocks most of the krypt I think. 400k will unlock a large portion if you got for the cheaper graves first.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So we still don't have the patch nor classic Sub Zero on PC, starting to feel neglected.

How do you do Kung Lao's fist fury/ chain fist combo? He never gets pass the second hit, he just stops. On XBONE, so the combo is XXYXYB, something like that. I have no difficulty doing any other combo in the game, or chaining them into special moves, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Halp!

vg260

I looked over that FAQ... I don't think I will ever unlock all those items. Might as well not even try :)

They'll happily sell you a $20 unlock so you don't waste your time.

Heaven forbid you support them with your purchase of two copies of their game, and have to do it twice. :/

Gumbie

If they came out with a costume that looked like golden scorpion/blue steel subzero for Reptile...I wouldn't be able to get my credit card out fast enough.

Arttemis

The servers or netkode definitely have been improved. I went from absolutely god-awful, unplayable, half-second latency to it being almost imperceptible.

I can actually play online!

The requirements for inputting combos are still way too high, though. MK9 is twice as lenient with longer windows of opportunity for entering combos.

Kinsei

Banned
Why am I fighting a fully designed
Rain
in story mode? Why do I also have a strong feeling
Rain
will be DLC?

Because it's just his MK9 moveset. THey just ported it over to a new model in order to give story mode some more variety.

They'll happily sell you a $20 unlock so you don't waste your time.

Heaven forbid you support them with your purchase of two copies of their game, and have to do it twice. :/

It does seem like they made unlocking things in Krypt unreasonably convoluted... Or maybe that's the first time I'm noticing it happening.

I don't think I care about them selling fatality tokens though. All fatalities are reasonably easy to do anyway...

The requirements for inputting combos are still way too high, though. MK9 is twice as lenient with longer windows of opportunity for entering combos.

Ok so it's not me that just plain sucks? The timing on the combos seem completely off to me. I can't seem to get it down no matter what. And it's not like I'm in the heat of battle. I'm trying them out in training mode.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Oh come on! The bloody game is down again? Every time I sit down to play it's down. You'd think this was an indie title not an AAA behemoth.

vg260

It does seem like they made unlocking things in Krypt unreasonably convoluted... Or maybe that's the first time I'm noticing it happening.

I don't think I care about them selling fatality tokens though. All fatalities are reasonably easy to do anyway...

I have such a love/hate relationship with NR/WB games. I like the actual content but the hoops they make you jump through to access it is really irksome. Especially with the mobile app stuff, and a lot of the time-heavy stuff. It feels like they have very little respect for player's time, especially considering the monetization hooks.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Yea I haven't gone back to mk9 to directly compare, but I never recall the fluidity of certain actions being so stiff as they are here. Not quite injustice bad, but messing around in training and some of the combos do require pure memorized dial-ins, where inputs and animations are so mistimed that I feel disconnected entirely. You really have to buffer your inputs way to fast in some instances, to the point that First hits are still animating despite mashing out three and just watching the results unfold. I hate this about fighting games. Really don't recall MK9 being so strict.

Varth

How do you do Kung Lao's fist fury/ chain fist combo? He never gets pass the second hit, he just stops. On XBONE, so the combo is XXYXYB, something like that. I have no difficulty doing any other combo in the game, or chaining them into special moves, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Halp!

Had to check this myself since I'm practicing KL too. Seems like you just have to input REALLY fast. It's designed for stick more than pad.

so wait, the stuff you unlock via a faction is only active while you're at the required standing/level with that faction? Never switching from Lin kuei if that's the case lol

Yeah, it makes sense in a way of what they are doing, but the format that the game works makes the resetting very counter intuitive especially with the trophy for switching factions.

But yea, all my icon, border, background, and faction kill unlocks reset as iff I didnt unlock them.

The only thing I kept was the Faction level 50 trophy -_-

Had to check this myself since I'm practicing KL too. Seems like you just have to input REALLY fast. It's designed for stick more than pad.

It still doesn't work. Can't get pass the second hit. I'm pressing the chain as fast as I can. The practice input of what buttons I'm pressing matches exactly and he still doesn't do it.

Bytes

Yeah, it makes sense in a way of what they are doing, but the format that the game works makes the resetting very counter intuitive especially with the trophy for switching factions.

But yea, all my icon, border, background, and faction kill unlocks reset as iff I didnt unlock them.

The only thing I kept was the Faction level 50 trophy -_-

So basically, it seems like no other faction besides Lin Kuei will ever win because no one wants to lose their stuff....

OmegaDL50

Why am I fighting a fully designed
Rain
in story mode? Why do I also have a strong feeling
Rain
will be DLC?

If you care to know. None of the NPCs you fight in Story Mode have any variations. They are merely recycled movesets carried over from the last game with a new skin.

As for
Tanya, she's
basically using moves borrowed from Kitana and Scorpions Fireball from his Inferno Variation.

None of the NPCs are complete in terms overhauled movesets with three different variations, etc.

They are super basic with minimal effort put into them unlike the actual playable cast.

OmegaDL50

That's my main fear about all this faction stuff -_-

Has anyone actually tried changing a faction and going back to their original faction?

I mean for example you left Lin Kuei at 50, and quit to join White Lotus.

Does quitting White Lotus and going back to Lin Kuei return you to level 50 Lin Kuei or are you a level 1 Lin Kuei again?

The reason I ask is one of the achievements / trophies for the game is being level 50 for all 5 factions.

IronLich

So trying to make good use out of Kitana's Parry in the Assassin variation, and figure out what is the best use for it, since it feels like it gets stuffed a lot when it should activate, and yet it works on offense that it absolutely shouldn't. I was able to achieve success against things like Scorpion's teleport punch, which shouldn't even be logical but I'll take it. As well as normal throws, which is weird, because counter moves are usually meant to be defeated by a normal throw, but here we are.

But when it worked on the teleport punch, I was like-
Screenshot2011-01-17at113655AM.png

Top Bottom