• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

This. It's rare an online match is smooth enough to pull off the same *****s you can do in training. That's why people who pick Scorpion and spam his shit do better than they should.
I'm sure the situation is worse on PC, but for me I can usually pull of 10 hit combos, I just stick to the ones that consist of strings and special moves mostly.

SuperBonk

Yeah, it's usually best to stay away from really tricky combos online, especially ones where you have to jump at like a certain frame or whatever.

This. It's rare an online match is smooth enough to pull off the same *****s you can do in training. That's why people who pick Scorpion and spam his shit do better than they should.

Yeah it's especially bad when I can't punish Scorpion's teleport with Kitana's 7 frame jab into fan lift.

Someone please tell me there is an easier way to unlock the Krypt. I'm about to buy this $20 unlock and it's killing me.
Not really unless you're on PC. The costumes you get from it you can get from ladders though, and you don't have to unlock a brutality/fatality to actually do it.

vg260

Someone please tell me there is an easier way to unlock the Krypt. I'm about to buy this $20 unlock and it's killing me.

If you haven't patched or can delete it (?) and the save still works (or if you start over), beating the story boss gives you 2500 each time. That's what I'm doing.

I realize that Jason comes out Sunday (26th) from supposed release date. So we should be hearing something soon.

Don't do it! You're better than that, Wynnebeck.

Kinsei

Banned
Oh she's good? :eek:
Which style? I tried her once in training mode but that's it.

Swarm Queen is my favorite. Not only does she get good combo potential with her spawning pool, she gains a very good opener with her F11 EX grenade combo. The F11 EX grenade combo leaves your opponent stunned letting you do whatever you want with them.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Phew, been hit hard by that PSN account login bug. Hopefully this new patch indeed fixes it.

I've been hitting the Krypt every time I receive koins. Think I'll just hoard them like others have stated and go wild in there, treating it like the adventure game it feels like.

.la1n

Apologies if this has been answered but is it possible to log in to a WB account that already has the bonus skins unlocked just long enough to obtain them then switch back to your own account?

I REALLY don't feel like grinding on that thing, it kills my phones battery.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I wait until I have 50k+ before I go in.

I'm about to finish the Story Mode, and all the Koins I have earned have only unlocked the graves in the tiny little entire first room and about half the second in the first graveyard section. That is like a meager fraction of the entire Krypt which sucks.

What modes earn the most Koins as this is the first time I am considering buying an unlock DLC myself. Not keen on grinding to get costumes and fatalities.

JoeInky

Posting from my mobile because now my PC is completely fubar.

I tried deleting all my old drivers and doing a clean install of the latest NVIDIA ones - did nothing to stop the problem.

Couldn't play any of my games anymore without the error so I just thought fuck it and tried doing a system restore to before I'd even started downloading MKX.

System restore seemed to go fine but then when my pc restarts there's a BSOD, restarts again, BSOD, tells me to use system restore again, black screen for 20 minutes.

Fuck everything, especially MKX.

I've been playing nothing but Scorpions online, but at least noob scorpions seem to be a great matchup for Jax so I can't complain.

Just found out he says "You think you're bad?" during EX Gotcha. New finisher lol

Aw, he says "You ain't bad" too. I hope Carl Weathers uses the sake dialogue.

If anyone is so inclined to have a buddy for Tower Challenges, friend request me on XBOX One? gamertag: shawnoftheshred

I've been enjoying the randomness of them and none of my friends have the game to make it a option for me.

Online in this game is like a wasteland of nothing but Scorpions and Sub-Zeros. No joke like 75% of my games are one or the other. Which on one side is nice because now I know those matchups so well I feel like there's nothing they can throw at me I don't know how to counter but on the other hand I could really use a little more variety.

Spades

Is there a trick to knowing what linking combos together? I'm trying to learn how to piece these things together to form some sort of decent attack, but struggle to get more than the hits you get from one combo. Is there like a list of starters, middles and enders or what? Talk to me like I'm a total noob.

another good quote

Kano: A fellow with a hat
Kung Lao: Do not provoke a Shaolin
Kano: You toss your shoes as well?
My god. Kano is hilarious.

I think he's my new favorite character, besides Raiden of course.

Damn it. Now I have to decide between Reptile, Torr and Kano as my pocket character.

Dr. Buni

Oh she's good? :eek:
Which style? I tried her once in training mode but that's it.
Swarm Queen is pretty good, a lot of people can't deal or take some time to realize they can only block her Vortex Swarm when crouching. Plus, she has an easy combo that isn't too hard to pull off online (forward B, B forward B, B>cancel into Poison Ovipositor Charge).

I like Venomous a lot too, too bad she lacks Vortex Swarm in this variation.

Xevren

I am amazed this even made it into the final build of the game and wasn't discovered at any moment during beta testing unless it somehow only broke with a recent patch.

People have looked through when they were showing Ermac on kombat kast and it actually existed then! Which just makes it even more hilarious.

Swarm Queen is pretty good, a lot of people can't deal or take some time to realize they can only block her Vortex Swarm when crouching. Plus, she has an easy combo that isn't too hard to pull off online (forward B, B forward B, B>cancel into Poison Ovipositor Charge).

I like Venomous a lot too, too bad she lacks Vortex Swarm in this variation.

BadAss2961

Man. I spend like 10 hours in training mode over the past day or so and decide to see how I do online again... it's like everyone else has been training even more. Where are the people who are as new as I was before? Ugh.

Maybe fighting games just aren't for me.
Just gotta keep playing. Training is good for getting your combos down, but there's nothing like a moving target that hits back. Only through doing matches can you learn how to defend and get your offense going.
Is there a trick to knowing what linking combos together? I'm trying to learn how to piece these things together to form some sort of decent attack, but struggle to get more than the hits you get from one combo. Is there like a list of starters, middles and enders or what? Talk to me like I'm a total noob.

I like to start with a combo that leads to a juggle, then work from there. From there, figure out what you can do with the juggle before going for the strong combo finish. If a character has something that ends with some sort of grab, that's a good way to finish it. You can even do normal grabs to finish juggle combos -- which can be defended, but most players online don't defend them. Also work on where you can fit an X-Ray into your combos. It's useful at times where the damage will kill your opponent.

Top Bottom