• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Dr. Buni

It would be so good if I could play the game online without 85% of my matches ending in a "the game session is no longer available".

molnizzle

It's so frustrating not knowing what I'm doing wrong when I fail to link these combos. Too early? Too late? Too slow? I don't understand why there isn't some kind of tutorial for this shit. It's 2015, fighting games shouldn't be this arcane anymore.

It's so frustrating not knowing what I'm doing wrong when I fail to link these combos. Too early? Too late? Too slow? I don't understand why there isn't some kind of tutorial for this shit. It's 2015, fighting games shouldn't be this arcane anymore.
Sometimes you simply just need to walk or dash forward to land a mid-air hit.

Edit: Horror pack is releasing on Sunday? Wtf!? I'm over here wondering where it is for nothing. I could have waited to buy the pack as well. Dammit.

Edit 2: The main menu hanged twice out of two times when pressing any button and getting to mode select. Anyone else? PS4.

Fmal

Banned
If they patch the Ermac bug and all these option selects but don't fix the meter system I think I'm done with this game.

malfcn

Fuck Jin.
Had a dude spam down down over head. The online + stun made it nearly impossible to get out of. Especially since I use my meter alot. And that unblockable? x-ray made me cry.

For others new to the game, James Chen and Ultradavid did a great job of going over the basic mechanics and half the character variations last night:

http://www.twitch.tv/ultrachentv/v/4214524

Would definitely recommend checking it out if you're confused about how the game works and want to learn it competitively.

James Chen doing a first attack on MKX!

wow we really came along way, also apparently STILL getting a lot of love from the Capcom community.

The reason i say still is because they usually like it then hate on it a few days later, its still early i suppose but its a good sign, with J Wong, Chris G, Floe and Aris giving this game major props, im glad the stigma of a block button is no longer an issue

slapnuts

What a fun game!! I reminds me of the old arcade MK games but with sexy visuals that are very impressive. Best looking fighter game this new gen thus far. I went with PC version...well all multi-plat games i am going with PC but of course i had to try the PS4 version while i was at a friends house that buys just about every PS4 game ...so i got to try both GTA5 and MKX on PC....looks very impressive on PS4 too but man....on PC getting that AA maxed out makes this game look super smooth.

Just started sitting down practicing making combos (didn't realize with a k was banned...?). Just did a 14 hit, 27 dmg for my first one. Now I ask what other have found for better ideas.

Mine: 2,1,2,4 f+2,1 d,b+2*(enhanced) f+2,1,1+3

Wasn't very easy to pull off with my aging hands.

Saw this on reddit

0N8MO43.gif

Where do you get that outfit for Cassie?

Has the netkode for PC got any better?

You'll get near lagless matches sometimes... it's real iffy still.

I find Mileena gives me a lot of troubles online and I'm not sure why. I find it really hard to space effectively against her (maining D'vorah). I really gotta work on my anti-tech against her.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Why do I keep seeing censored words in this thread? Does gaf censor the word ***** or something automatically?

Edit: Yes, yes it does.

Xevren

Just started sitting down practicing making combos (didn't realize with a k was banned...?). Just did a 14 hit, 27 dmg for my first one. Now I ask what other have found for better ideas.

Mine: 2,1,2,4 f+2,1 d,b+2*(enhanced) f+2,1,1+3

Wasn't very easy to pull off with my aging hands.

His 2,1 full chain is pretty bad to use since it's so unsafe. Always best to use f4,1.2 and hit confirm into your special.

For an easy midscreen I do:

f4,1,2 cancelled into bf2 and once you stop the dash f4,1,2 cancelled into db4.

Normal midscreen bnb for me is:
f4,1,2 xx bf2, 2,1 (small pause for a different chain) f4,1,2 xx bf4. This one is a lot harder but is 30%

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Why do I keep seeing censored words in this thread? Does gaf censor the word ***** or something automatically?

Edit: Yes, yes it does.

Yeah, noticed komb o was censored, no idea why though.

DR2K

Banned
You'll get near lagless matches sometimes... it's real iffy still.

I find Mileena gives me a lot of troubles online and I'm not sure why. I find it really hard to space effectively against her (maining D'vorah). I really gotta work on my anti-tech against her.

Crouch block is a bane to her. Option select uppercut for her teleport or block low and punish her ball rolls.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Finished story mode, and it was pretty dumb but fun. Screwed around with the online for a bit and it was a lagfest and everyone picks scorpion.

Guess I got my 20 bucks worth. MK9 story mode was way better IMO, but I like the gameplay changes and graphics are really nice. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It makes me sad most people online think my two mains sub zero and kung jin are op. Learning Cassie now too, but her combos are a bit tougher online. hopefully i dont get as much hate haha.

Also, if anyone wants to play on PSN or PC add me. UserJuke

Edit**
I will admit grandmast sub zero is super annoying to llay against lol.

His 2,1 full chain is pretty bad to use since it's so unsafe. Always best to use f4,1.2 and hit confirm into your special.

For an easy midscreen I do:

f4,1,2 cancelled into bf2 and once you stop the dash f4,1,2 cancelled into db4.

Normal midscreen bnb for me is:
f4,1,2 xx bf2, 2,1 (small pause for a different chain) f4,1,2 xx bf4. This one is a lot harder but is 30%

Thanks, I just started doing f4, 1, 2 and noticed a stun to allow for specials. I was just searching the menu to see if they showed frame data/colorization to see how it held up. Thanks for the post, will try them out and go from there for sure.

zlatko

Banned
Wasn't positive, but still hate him. :p

I find him to be one of the easier characters to deal with online, but that's because I messed around with him myself so I know what people are fishing for.

His main string if I recall is back 2 1 3, and the last hit ends in a low. I block low on all his strings, and if I see him jump, then block high since the dive kick hits over head. If he has 3 meters, just know his X-ray hits overhead as well.

Once you do that it's easy to find the holes or amass your own pressure. The harder Kung Jin's to deal with are NOT bojitsu---it's ancestral. If they get that down and zone you...best pray you have a teleport handy haha.

I've been maining Mystic Ermac, and am starting to feel decent with him (teleporting to hit zoners, mixing up some pressure for those that play turtle), but am still relying on very basic attack strings:

back + 3, 2, 1, 1 (low starting combo)
jump punch, 1, 1, hang move, jump punch, teleport, blast (good damage combo for when pressure is on)
forward + 4, 3 (for punishing crouch blockers)

Any advice on another combo or two?
Or some kind of mix-up strategy/way to get in there more?
Is there a particularly good wake-up attack? I feel like I'm getting pressured out sometimes online with lag.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I've been maining Mystic Ermac, and am starting to feel decent with him (teleporting to hit zoners, mixing up some pressure for those that play turtle), but am still relying on very basic attack strings:

back + 3, 2, 1, 1 (low starting combo)
jump punch, 1, 1, hang move, jump punch, teleport, blast (good damage combo for when pressure is on)
forward + 4, 3 (for punishing crouch blockers)

Any advice on another combo or two? Or some kind of mix-up strategy/way to get in there more?

You can do back + 3, 4 for a double low to mix up more since the string itself goes low -> overhead, that trips people up a lot.

222 is, I think, his fastest punish and you can special cancel it but the timing is strict. You could do 222 telelift into whatever. Forward 2, down 1, 2 is also good for a combo since it pops them in the air.

Xevren

Thanks, I just started doing f4, 1, 2 and noticed a stun to allow for specials. I was just searching the menu to see if they showed frame data/colorization to see how it held up. Thanks for the post, will try them out and go from there for sure.

If you need anything Reptile feel free to ask. I feel he's amazing in this game.

You can do back + 3, 4 for a double low to mix up more since the string itself goes low -> overhead, that trips people up a lot.

222 is, I think, his fastest punish and you can special cancel it but the timing is strict. You could do 222 telelift into whatever. Forward 2, down 1, 2 is also good for a combo since it pops them in the air.

Ooooh, thank you! Knowing 222 is the faster punish is great to find out. Anytime there's been lag I've been having trouble converting anything post-block.

Gonna' try these out in practice mode then head online again.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I see they still haven't addressed the Kavern of doom door in the krypt that won't open no matter how fast you mash...

If anyone has opened this door you should register for the god Damn gaming Olympics.

I see they still haven't addressed the Kavern of doom door in the krypt that won't open no matter how fast you mash...

If anyone has opened this door you should register for the god Damn gaming Olympics.

Just mash it really hard with your index. I looked it up and that's how I did it last night.

It's also how you get the
spider gem
so it's not really a glitch.

Negaduck

I'm pretty good with Goro, just need to learn how to use him up close against Raiden and Cassie. The constant salt in KOTH is hilarious.

Ex punchwalk.

Just kidding (kinda). What variation do you use? I really like the one that gives you all the fireballs. The ex yoga flame isn't bad because of the armor when getting pressured.

Or ex punchwalk lol

Im suprised this OP is still going in fairness for a fighting game makes me happy.

Any competitive SF or other fighting game players who never played a NRS but is playing this how are you enjoying it? you get use to the block button?

Im suprised this OP is still going in fairness for a fighting game makes me happy.

Any competitive SF or other fighting game players who never played a NRS but is playing this how are you enjoying it? you get use to the block button?
I'm really enjoying the game, but I hate the block button.

Top Bottom