• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

zlatko

Banned

SuperBonk

Drone. http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby

Check it.

Also, has Termor been confirmed? I forget. If so, have we seen what design direction they are going with for him? Lastly, the image below SCREAMS character I would attempt to main. The design is just everything I love in art style. What did Tremor play like in the previous games?

http://game.wall404.com/tremor-mortal_kombat_x-game-art-hd-by_fear_sas-1920x1080/

Yeah, Tremor is confirmed as the 4th(?) DLC character in the Kombat pack. His only appearance before this game is MK: Special Forces on PS1 which is one of the worst games ever made so nobody really knows anything about him other than he has Earth powers of some sort.

zlatko

Banned
Yeah, Tremor is confirmed as the 4th(?) DLC character in the Kombat pack. His only appearance before this game is MK: Special Forces on PS1 which is one of the worst games ever made so nobody really knows anything about him other than he has Earth powers of some sort.

Damn so no images or idea of how he plays yet?

I hope he has a heavy hitting command grab variation, and I hope he looks like that image in game. I'd be all over it.

Damn so no images or idea of how he plays yet?

I hope he has a heavy hitting command grab variation, and I hope he looks like that image in game. I'd be all over it.

Not quite.
tanya-tremor-mortal-kombat-x.jpg

He's basically a new ninja I guess, and earth one. Looks like in MK9 he stole moves from Jax and had a fireball.

He was playable in MK9 on Vita on the challenge tower.

Also, has Termor been confirmed? I forget. If so, have we seen what design direction they are going with for him? Lastly, the image below SCREAMS character I would attempt to main. The design is just everything I love in art style. What did Tremor play like in the previous games?

http://game.wall404.com/tremor-mortal_kombat_x-game-art-hd-by_fear_sas-1920x1080/

Yes, he has been confirmed. He'll be the second DLC character.

He's never been playable. He only appeared in the PS1 game Mortal Kombat: Special Forces as a boss.

tanya-tremor-mortal-kombat-x.jpg

Drone. http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby

Check it.

Good gosh his Erron has gotten even better. I must practice.

Mask

I wonder if Jason will have slight skin changes with his variations? Would be pretty cool if one of his variations had the half destroyed hockey mask with teeth exposed on it.

zlatko

Banned
I'm excited to see Tremor in action. I hope we get a reveal trailer soon.

Also...fuck you guys weren't kidding about Tanya looking ugly as sin. Da hell is that?

kodecraft

I wonder if Jason will have slight skin changes with his variations? Would be pretty cool if one of his variations had the half destroyed hockey mask with teeth exposed on it.

Looks like he is modeled after the 2009 Friday the 13th reboot

That was a smart, agile Jason. One that can definitely kick some ass.

Also...fuck you guys weren't kidding about Tanya looking ugly as sin. Da hell is that?

That was just from the trailer. She actually looks normal when you see her in the story mode of MKX.

Huh, never knew that. Looks like he played like a mix between Smoke and Jax.

Well he shared animations and whatnot with characters. So yeah, basically. Lol

He had a fireball/ground pound in SF:SF. I'm sure the fireball won't return, and he'll have a bunch of rock based moves at his disposal.

Yes, I know of this. But I don't exactly count that. It's not like he had his own normals.

I mean it even had a Cyborg Reptile playable.

Nuke Soda

I feel like I'm learning nothing, I must be the only person with this many losses and no wins

Don't worry. We put too much emphasis on Kill/Death Win/Lose ratios. Just have fun and play a lot, it will change. Trust me. I used to worry about that in COD and it drove me crazy because I died way more than I won, but then I said screw it and just had fun.

Pedator vs. Jason match:

Predator: ROAR!
JASON: *Silence*
Predator (Dutch voice emulation): You are one ugly mother fucker.

I didn't even think of intros. Are they really going to have at least 50 new intros for every DLC character? That's a lot. And what are they going to do about Jason and Predator?

zlatko

Banned
I feel like I'm learning nothing, I must be the only person with this many losses and no wins

It depends on what your experience with fighting games, and with MK series is.

I have a good background now with fighters, and even then MKX at first made feel like I'm relearning the genre almost lol. My earlier posted had me flustered, but part of it was not barreling in on one character and grinding out match ups once I had combos down.

If you are not well versed in fighters it will take a lot, and I mean A LOT of losses before things get to click. SF4 vanilla was when I said "okay I'm going to take fighters seriously and learn how to play these games." Couldn't do a focus attack dash cancel into Ultra, no clue what a link was, blocking cross ups was over me, etc. I lost more matches than I care to admit.

This is essentially a second job. Anyone who says otherwise is full of shit. Once you invest enough time then you can do it casual because you'll have sponged so much data.

Learning combos, match ups, game mechanics, mind games, footsies, mix ups, blah blah blah. It's a second language learned while juggling chainsaws.

That's not meant to discourage you or scare you---but to entice you. The reward you'll see after those hundreds of hours you'll put in will make you feel incredible, and you'll most likely hit a point where other game genres just can't give you that immense satisfaction like clutch winning a game in a fighter in a close match up of skill.

Don't give up. Use GAF and the rest of the net to up your game. Stick with it!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I don't plan on getting the DLC until the base game is working properly and it's just not on PC right now. Hopefully they get it sorted soon because I love me some Friday the 13th.

Manu

I didn't even think of intros. Are they really going to have at least 50 new intros for every DLC character? That's a lot. And what are they going to do about Jason and Predator?

Probably why each DLC character is around 3 GB this time instead of a couple hundred MB like in MK9.

I hope Tremor is cool. He could have some awesome abilities, like earthbending in Avatar.

Unfortunately, I have a bad feeling that he's not going to be as cool as he could be, and will just have some Jax-style ground pounds or something.

zlatko

Banned
I hope Tremor is cool. He could have some awesome abilities, like earthbending in Avatar.

Unfortunately, I have a bad feeling that he's not going to be as cool as he could be, and will just have some Jax-style ground pounds or something.

I could see him getting a command grab variation, and maybe an armor boosting variation.

There's characters that can hurt themselves to do more damage so it would make sense that a character get something that reduces damage for a limited time. That would make him a lot harder to kill than most of the cast in that variant if it existed.

KnuckaWut

Is there some trick to get matches to connect on xbox one? I have had the game since launch and have only successfully completed 3 online matches and those were all room matches. I have yet to get a ranked match to connect. Any tips or should I just go ps4 ?

SuperBonk

I could see him getting a command grab variation, and maybe an armor boosting variation.

There's characters that can hurt themselves to do more damage so it would make sense that a character get something that reduces damage for a limited time. That would make him a lot harder to kill than most of the cast in that variant if it existed.

Sub-Zero has a similar health buff in his Unbreakable variation, but nobody uses him since you don't have ice clone.

Majestad

Banned
I hope that Jason's responses to the character dialogue in the intros is just the sound effect sazzz sazzzz every time he appears in the movies. I also hope one of his fatalities involves random horny tarkatan NPCs having hot steamy sex in a tent, and Jason kills them.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait there's a cheat for koins in the pc version? Just heard it on the bombcast. I need to find this, I have neither the patience and especially the time to unlock all that shit for realsies (especially with gta5 now and witcher 3 soon)

Learning to git gud at this game is simultaneously a joy and pain. I spend a lot of my free time training, only to get thrashed by people who've barely played. Yet, I'm so stubborn I just find myself jumping right into the next match, haha.

Learning to git gud at this game is simultaneously a joy and pain. I spend a lot of my free time training, only to get thrashed by people who've barely played. Yet, I'm so stubborn I just find myself jumping right into the next match, haha.
That's the best way to be. I play people until they leave, even if they're a million times better than me or just a spammer.

It's frustrating but if I can see myself making progress it's all good. Nothing feels better than playing someone much better than you for several sets, and see their health bar get closer and closer to zero with each set. Sometimes you even get that eventual win. It's like a moment. You feel so good about yourself.

Then they usually rage quit on you. :(

Opto

Banned
It depends on what your experience with fighting games, and with MK series is.

I have a good background now with fighters, and even then MKX at first made feel like I'm relearning the genre almost lol. My earlier posted had me flustered, but part of it was not barreling in on one character and grinding out match ups once I had combos down.

If you are not well versed in fighters it will take a lot, and I mean A LOT of losses before things get to click. SF4 vanilla was when I said "okay I'm going to take fighters seriously and learn how to play these games." Couldn't do a focus attack dash cancel into Ultra, no clue what a link was, blocking cross ups was over me, etc. I lost more matches than I care to admit.

This is essentially a second job. Anyone who says otherwise is full of shit. Once you invest enough time then you can do it casual because you'll have sponged so much data.

Learning combos, match ups, game mechanics, mind games, footsies, mix ups, blah blah blah. It's a second language learned while juggling chainsaws.

That's not meant to discourage you or scare you---but to entice you. The reward you'll see after those hundreds of hours you'll put in will make you feel incredible, and you'll most likely hit a point where other game genres just can't give you that immense satisfaction like clutch winning a game in a fighter in a close match up of skill.

Don't give up. Use GAF and the rest of the net to up your game. Stick with it!
I mean, I just learned you can put a special move after a *****, but you have to put in the button imput so QUICKLY that it's overwhelming to think about building on a combo.

Something I noticed! When using the two back fist combo with Kenshi, if you add a special move after that, you have to do the stick movements as if you already switched positions.

edit: huh, wonder why that's censored.

Top Bottom