• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Uraizen

Banned
If they patch the Ermac bug and all these option selects but don't fix the meter system I think I'm done with this game.

What's wrong with the meter system?

Im suprised this OP is still going in fairness for a fighting game makes me happy.

Any competitive SF or other fighting game players who never played a NRS but is playing this how are you enjoying it? you get use to the block button?

The fact it's attached to run made it very easy to remember to hold it to block.

Windforce

I'm really enjoying the game, but I hate the block button.

Yeah I can't seem to adapt. I love the series, but the block button really bothers me. To make matters worse, MK is full of insta-hit / teleport moves that force me to hold block.

I'll probably Platinum this game and move on to Ultra SF4 because of this (Ultra is coming to PS4 by the end of may, right?).

Any tips about the block? I can't seem to 'click' this. I main Kitana and Sub-Zero atm.

Question for the pros here:

This is the first MK game in which I'm actually trying to get serious and learn a character rather than just clowning around and playing friendlies, and I need some advice for certain matchups.

I main Takeda, and even though having a teleport is a boon, it can still be really hard to get in sometimes. For example, when characters like Raiden and Mileena just turtle and throw projectiles while blocking teleports and uppercutting jump-ins, what should my gameplan be? Takeda's wakeup options aren't too strong, so oftentimes I'm either eating another projectile as soon as I tech or getting stuffed if I try to teleport on wakeup.

My combos are solid (I can do quick and painless 25, 35 and 40% combos no sweat), but it's getting into a position from which I can reliably combo without worrying about overcoming projectiles or constant pressure that's got me stumped. I'll take any advice I can get!

I'm really enjoying the game, but I hate the block button.

Yeah i can see whats tricky for traditional players

but hay look at its unique properties you cant just hold back and block you have to stay still so it cuts a page out of the backing a way game

another cool thing, think that some of its properties make up for no cross ups, like for example jump in punches jail high punches that follow meaning after a jump in punch your high will act as a mid, this also has counter elements too, like you you can make the opponent whiff his throw if you let go of block and some specials, especially fireballs as they do good chip and build meter so if you duck and dont block it will go over your head as opposed to crouch blocking where you will still block the high projectile but will take chip, that builds your opponents meter and in some case gives him frame advantage over you.

Just a little thought to show the block botton is not just annoyance but it comes with its own unique properties too to create a different meta game for you to enjoy

Just got my first quitality after a flawless first round victory. That felt good lol.

I used to hate the block button, but then I played against Scorpion in Injustice. It's still annoying when you first start playing, but it's there for a good reason lol.

Exactly. Don't know what is the big deal.

Im a big MK fan always have being always will be

but you need to understand that not holding back to block which is nailed in most competitive players head can be really disorientation for them, the meta game difference is Huge that means no cross ups and shit, training their muscle memory that its now a button to block can be very unsettling for long time fighting game players

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I still sometimes do a special by accident out of block because I subconsciously hold back even when I hold block, lol.

Crouch block is a bane to her. Option select uppercut for her teleport or block low and punish her ball rolls.

Thanks! Will keep that in mind. I figured I might have to play more defensively against her ala Scorpion, bait her to come to me and then respond.

Dr. Buni

Im a big MK fan always have being always will be

but you need to understand that not holding back to block which is nailed in most competitive players head can be really disorientation for them, the meta game difference is Huge that means no cross ups and shit, training their muscle memory that its now a button to block can be very unsettling for long time fighting game players
Eh. I play other fighting games and I still don't see the problem with the block button. Granted, I am not a pro player or anything.

shaowebb

Posted in the Fighting Game weekly thread on this but I'm seeing a STRONG amount of potential in Flame Fist Liu Kang to rocket through the tiers soon. Check his frame data and options. Guy is just insane. 5 frame jab, counter that beats teleports, chip damage to rival Aquaman, safe on everything and any poke leads to at least 33%+

He can just pressure out of everything and meet up with any kind of offense.

Eh. I play other fighting games and I still don't see the problem with the block button. Granted, I am not a pro player or anything.

maybe it comes easier to some but unless your playing competitively and have fighting games as your most played games its hard to know how it feels.......

im not saying its same for everyone i adapted to back to block quickly but people are different

jfoul

Wow, I didn't know each character had a traditional ending in the Klassic Tower. Pretty cool for it to be included. These profile koin bonuses are also awesome.

RM8

I think I'll adapt with time, SSB has a block button too after all! But when some of your most played games, by far, are SF and KOF, it can get a bit tricky.

tumblr_nn6pa7N5qo1qhhv13o1_1280.jpg
So does this happen to anyone else in the pc version? Also

tumblr_inline_nn6p8hZpFA1qgdj69_540.jpg

Oh god Liu Kang is one of those guys

Hey guys, is this correct? Winning a ranked match nets 0 XP, 0 FXP and 0 Gold but 200 war points? Is that a glitch? I've won probably 6 or 7 tonight and nothing seems to be going up for me...
eBjHlDa.jpg

My card is currently set up for grinding the level 50 Factions...but it doesn't seem to register.

150 FXP per Match Win;
75 EXP per Brutality Performed;
75 FXP per Match Win.

My card is currently set up for grinding the level 50 Factions...but it doesn't seem to register.

150 FXP per Match Win;
75 EXP per Brutality Performed;
75 FXP per Match Win.

I mean I'm level 48 in my faction and I've basically only played Ranked. Try resetting maybe?

Also, is Jason out yet?

I mean I'm level 48 in my faction and I've basically only played Ranked. Try resetting maybe?

Also, is Jason out yet?
Thanks - I'll re-equip, shut down, etc. and hope it starts registering.

No Jason as of yet...folks seem to think it'll be this week based on word that Kombat Pack owners were supposed to get him a week ahead of everyone else, with a leak of everyone else getting him next week, but it's all speculation at this point.

I'm just trying to figure out what Jason could possibly do that's interesting. He's just an undead guy with a machete. Not a whole lot of move potential IMO.

patchday

Game seems like so much fun. Sucks real life has been keeping me away from it. Made it to Chapter Seven though. Really enjoying the story!

I'm just trying to figure out what Jason could possibly do that's interesting. He's just an undead guy with a machete. Not a whole lot of move potential IMO.

lol lot's of armor on attacks? Seems like most stuff he could do is covered by Kotal or Ferra/Torr. Make him more like Grundy than Kotal already is?

Also, how do you counter Jax's rocket launcher as a grandmaster Sub-Zero player?

Nemesis_

Jason's variations are Relentless, Slasher and Unstoppable. I assume one works with his machete more so than others, while another might play more into the fact he's immortal.

Or Pam just fights for him in another like Ferra and Torr lol

Jason's variations are Relentless, Slasher and Unstoppable. I assume one works with his machete more so than others, while another might play more into the fact he's immortal.

Or Pam just fights for him in another like Ferra and Torr lol

Just guesses:

Relentless: Damage buff on moves
Slasher: Blade attacks
Unstoppable: Armor buff on moves?

Top Bottom